Constables of the 14th Ward

xedr

First Post
Darius stares at Wally in disbelief [highlight]"Water is water - nobody would ever pay for it"[/highlight] After sampling the water, however, Darius says [highlight]"... unless of course, you call it something else. Some nonsense word, like gatorade"[/highlight] Darius refills his waterskin from the spring.

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

As he begins shivering from the cold water, Moru asks "Are there more wet paths we'll need to cross? I can dry us off after this to avoid our catching a chill, but if there's something ... less pleasant we'll have to be traveling through, I'd rather save the aether and use my cantrip then."

Leif

Adventurer
Wally Alphonsus

"No, I believe that's it. Unless you want to save your magic to use on the way out......", says Wally.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea was very glad that her spell protected her from the chill of the water- it was bad enough just being soaked, without having to be cold in the bargain. She took the time to fill her own waterskin, but otherwise she was ready to move along- the brief stop allowed her enough time to update her makeshift map, but that had not taken long.

All in all, she couldn't wait to get back up to the city- warm clean clothes, a real meal, an actual bed... Hopefully they would find the missing halfling soon.

xedr

First Post
Turning his thoughts to sneaking past the giant's lair, Darius asks Wally [highlight]"Do we need to hide our lights when we sneak past the giant?"[/highlight] Darius finds a dry spot on the back of his shirt, and he uses it to wipe the water from his bowstring and sword.

jkason

First Post
((OOC: Are we still moving through the water, or have we made it out the other side? Whenever we get to stand up out of the muck, Moru will go ahead and cast his Prestidigitation to dry everyone off))

Leif

Adventurer
You've crossed the water and come back onto dry land now. Moru is kind enough to magically dry everyone, so you're all quite toasty again.

OOC: This next bit is Scotley's baby. He's currently traveling on business, but he should be home pretty soon.

Scotley

Hero
A Trap!

Wally looks confused, "I just had a bath and now you're cleaning me with magic? You surface dwellers have some strange habits."

He sets off again walking and talking. "We are getting close the giant's lair now. He's too big to fit in under there." He points back at the water. "We will be in a big cavern and I usually slip past far enough from his place that he never knows I've been there. The passage is getting wider and Stalactites and Stalagmites begin to appear. The ceiling rises quickly out of sight. The smell of sheep wafts past. Sniffing the air and grinning Wally says, "If your hungry we can nab one of his sheep. I don't think he can count past ten unless he takes his shoes off, so he'll never miss one."

OOC: Listen checks and Reflex saves for all please, resolve your listen checks and read the appropriate post before making your Reflex checks. You can read those for lower numbers if you wish.

[sblock=Listen 0-9]Was that a sheep bleating in the distance or did Wally pass gas again?[/sblock]

[sblock=Listen 10-15]You hear a single musical note like a lute string being plucked from the front of the party.[/sblock]

[sblock=Listen 16-20]The twang of a string breaking comes to your ears and you realize that someone is stumbling into a trap. +1 on your reflex save.[/sblock]

[sblock=Listen 21-25]The twang of a string breaking comes to your ears and you realize that someone is stumbling into a trap. You hear a slight his of the string moving rapidly upward and instinctively cover your head as you try to avoid disaster. +2 on your reflex save.[/sblock]

[sblock=Listen 26+]The twang of a string breaking comes to your ears and you realize that someone is stumbling into a trap. A hiss of the retreating string and a clatter from above allow you to cover your head as your try to dodge something falling. +4 on your reflex save.[/sblock]

The clatter of rusting weapons and tools falling causes you to look up just in time to see dozens of broken rusty weapons raining down on the group along with two long foot-wide planks that were precariously balanced on the rocky protrusions above your heads. Broken swords, shaftless spear points, haftless axe blades, battered hammerheads, spike covered iron balls, some chain, pitchfork tines, half a sheep shears, very large nails, and other junk covers the party. The items stir up dust as they crash to the floor. Some pieces remain stuck in party members. Wally leaps forward just avoiding the rain and begins cursing the 'Tricksy Gnome' in colorful terms only available in Orcish and the language of the Abyss.

[sblock=Reflex save up to 14]You've been hit by the rain of cast offs. Roll 2d4+1 damage for yourself and Make a DC: 12 Fort. save. You may take a +1 on the save if you drank the water just down the tunnel. Feel free to describe your wounds.[/sblock]

[sblock=Reflex save 15+]You've managed to slip out from under the falling junk without getting hit. No need to make a Fort. save. Feel free to post your good fortune.[/sblock]

[sblock=Fortitude save 11 or less]That can't be good, but you'll have to wait until later to find out what has happened to you. Please post so your DM's can keep track of your misery.[/sblock]

[sblock=Fortitude Save 12+]Nothing worse than the wounds you suffered occurs. Please indicate your good fortune in your post so your DM's can keep track of the haves and the have nots.[/sblock]

OOC: [sblock=Wally's checks] Listen Check (1d20+8=10)
Reflex save (1d20+8=16) [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Scotley said:
The clatter of rusting weapons and tools falling causes you to look up just in time to see dozens of broken rusty weapons raining down on the group along with two long foot-wide planks that were precariously balanced on the rocky protrusions above your heads. Broken swords, shaftless spear points, haftless axe blades, battered hammerheads, spike covered iron balls, some chain, pitchfork tines, half a sheep shears, very large nails, and other junk covers the party. The items stir up dust as they crash to the floor. Some pieces remain stuck in party members. Wally leaps forward just avoiding the rain and begins cursing the 'Tricksy Gnome' in colorful terms only available in Orcish and the language of the Abyss.

((OOC: Wow. What's Wally been drinking that gives him a +8 on his Reflex Save, and where can Moru get some?))

Moru hears the trap spring, but he's too busy trying to figure out why Retbi's chittering about lute music to get out of the way of the falling debris. His arms--raised in a poor defense--take the brunt of the damage, his uniform tearing and some nasty gashes springing up. Retbi, meanwhile, makes a crazy leap from his place in Moru's backpack, twisting in the air to try to avoid the metal and timber.

As the clattering fades, Moru swears under his breath. Then, panicked, he kneels next to Retbi, whose breathing is clearly labored.

"Okay, now I can use some of that healing," he says, clearly worried about his familiar's health.

[sblock=OOC]Moru: Listen 16
Reflex Save 7
Damage 5, Fort Save 20

Retbi: Listen 10
Reflex 13 (so close!)
Damage 8, Fort Save 12

As a familiar, Retbi has Improved Evasion, but I'm not sure it applies here: he takes no damage on successful 1/2 damage saves and 1/2 damage even if he fails the save. Since this seems to be a save to negate, does he take full or half damage? [/sblock]

Remove ads