Constables of the 14th Ward

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

Scotley said:
The boys take an involuntary step back from the alley at Soulfetter's words. "We'd still like to help is there anything we can do?" "Yeah, what happened?," asks another.

Alarion glances at the wounds both he and Soulfetter bore on their limbs, and smiled as he spoke. "There is nothing for you to worry about here, boys. An you wish to help, stay away from this alley, and do not let your friends come close, either. We are still in the middle of this investigation."

[sblock] In case you think we need a diplomacy check: 3

Ughhh!! since we are out of combat, I'll wait for their reaction before my next attempt[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Darius]There are a variety of sounds down here, drips, skitters, splashes, sloshes and the rumble of traffic on the streets above, but nothing that he can clearly identify as a fleeing man.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
"Yes, of course we wish to help! But isn't there something that we can do to help you and your friend? You're both injured, after all," says the lad to Alarion.

ooc: for that sorry diplomacy check, he's just got to give you a little lip! hehehehe

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

Alarion shakes his head at the impetuous youths, then grins at Soulfetter. "You are correct, lads, we can use your help. See if you can fetch a priest of Barcarus to come and aid us."

[sblock=OOC]LOL, lets se if that gets them out of our hair :D [/sblock]

Maeglin

First Post
“Good thing I brought my lanthorn along,” Rahvin mutters to himself, pulling a small bull's eye lantern from one of his belt pouches.

“Come on, Jonas,” he says, climbing down the slippery rungs. “Let's see what we can find.”

There goes my good cloak, he thinks. And with the blood on my shirt, this month's cleaning bill is going to be horrendous.

[sblock= actions] After he climbs down to the sewer, Rahvin will light the lantern with his flint and steel, and will take 2 minutes to take 20 Searching the immediate area for clues (Total check = 20+9 = 29.

BTW Leif and Scotley: do you guys use the Search skill description from Eberron? I just got the setting book myself, and they have a nice set of rules for investigating... If you guys plan on using these, let me know. If you think it reasonable, perhaps I could change one of my toughness feats to acquire some investigator feats.... let me know.

Re: Moru: DOH! With the Dms asking for a diviner on the recruitment thread, I forgot Moru was submitted before that post... My bad....

[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Scotley said:
At this point the door at the end of the alley begins to clatter as a bar is removed from the other side. With a grunt of exertion the heavy apparently ill-fitting door is heaved open. A thick broad shouldered fellow with a bushy blond beard and bald head blinks in the sunlight and gawks at the dead rats, stirges and living constables in the alley. "Medas Tears!" he exclaims. "What's all this?"

As the man made his presence known, Thea looked up from where she had been peering into the open manhole. She smiled brightly- partially from her own natural social abilities warming to the occasion, and partially because this offered yet another delay before she had to brave the depths of the sewer. "It is nothing to worry about, my good fellow, merely a bit of constabulary business being finally wrapped up. I don't suppose you've seen a certain unruly fellow in this area recently," she continued, giving a precise description of Thornapple. While there was little chance he had been seen here before, it was too good an opportunity to miss- in all likelihood, either she or one of her fellow constables would have gotten around to interviewing the locals sooner or later.

OOC: [sblock]Diplomacy, if needed, is at +8, Gather Info at +11, Sense motive at +9- let me know if you want a roll for any of these[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

Making sure he has the names of the individuals present, Andrew will hand them a witness statement and ask that they fill it out then had it to one of the Bravo division for it's retrun to him. Inspecting the area, Andrew will conjure a small bit of light and place it on a spare truuncheon. Handing the truncheon to Jonas he says "This may be of some help"

Scotley

Hero
Rahvin easily makes his way down the rungs to crowd onto the ledge with Darius. The ledge is about two feet higher than the sewer floor and currently dry. Turning his light this way and that and dancing about the ledge with Darius, Rahvin can see a good bit of the tunnels. There appears to be a break in the masonry just this side of the grate leading to the alley, high up on the wall. A couple of muddy footprints lead along the outside edges of the sewer to the ledge beneath Rahvin's feet. Just at the very edge of the light to the south there is a shadow on the floor of the sewer. Some object, perhaps only a dislodged brick lays there.

Actions? Does anyone else come down?

Attachments

• Sewers.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The man just entering the alley from the door proves to be Walter Wheatstalk, proprietor of the adjacent building, a feed store. He scratches his head at the witness statement presented by Andrew, "um, I didn't really see nothing, but I can write that down if you like." In answer to Thea's description he replies, "I think I've seen that fella round here a time or two. I just figured he lived in the area. Course he didn't look too prosperous, might have just been looking for something to eat in the trash back here." He considers a moment, "Hey, is this about my theft complaint? You think that fella is the one robbed me? Them other constables didn't think so."

Remove ads