Constables of the 14th Ward

Lou

Explorer
Raul steps forward

Raul thinks to himself, "This is madness, but diplomacy has little chance under these circumstances, unless others aid me in my call...."

Raul steps forward 5 feet and shouts to the giant, "Stand down! And we will leave you to your sheep! Why chance falling like your comrades? We are more than mere insects that can be ignored or easily crushed!"

[sblock=OOC and rolls]Comparing the options of fighting v. talking, neither appears to be a good choice.

Even at +9 on diplomacy, the -10 for one full round diplomacy seem to require a natural 20 to change the giant's attitude. Unless others chime in and aid Raul's effort? Here goes....

Raul's result is a 16 (+9-10)=15 for round 1
Diplomacy (+9 & -10) (1d20=16)

Unless this is a case where others cannot aid Raul, it looks to me that Raul needs at least 3 others to successfully "aid" him in his diplomacy attempt to get the giant to stop fighting. If 5 "aid" then we might be able to get the giant to indifferent. All depending on the circumstances modifier by the DMs. :heh:

[/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

[sblock=OOC to DMs]
Al gets 4 uses per day of his knight's challenge right now, and he has used two so far
[/sblock]

His foe down, Alarion looks to see only the fearsome giant yet stands. He makes his way forward as fast as his harness allows.

[sblock=Round5]
Full move action to run 16 squares to W31
Just in case, apply shield dodge to giant
[/sblock]

xedr

First Post
Standing on the body of the dead ogre, Darius's despair is partly dispelled by the sudden appearance of the centipede attacking the giant. Nevertheless, he hesitates before running to defend Wally, thinking With a creature that size, we need to land ten lethal blows or possibly more. We cannot all survive this encounter. Darius sheathes his sword and waves his arms, yelling (in common) as he runs to Wally's side [highlight]"Stop! Do NOT hurt our guide! Let us assist you in destroying this centipede and we will go our own way![/highlight] Darius will forgo an attack this round in hopes that diplomacy will prove effective. [sblock=ooc]want to assist Raul if feasible. Don't know how to roll any of this, but here's a normal diplomacy roll (1d20 2=7)[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Raul's and Darius's attempts at diplomacy look extra feeble as long as there is a wild, flaming barbarian trying to kill the giant. It just isn't going to work that way.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I have to agree with my co-DM, Darius roll wasn't good enough for an aid another and with other party members attacking, we'd have to give a significant circumstances penalty to the attempt. Wally will already have attacked before the parlay attempt is made and Soulfetter is raging and flaming and attacking. The big bug doesn't help. Not the sort of things that are likely to make the giant lay down his arms. I fear it is too late for talk on this fight, but it might have been wise to have planned such a strategy when you knew you were entering the territory of such a powerful foe. What can I say? Hindsight is 20/20.

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

As Moru roots around and digs out a healing potion, his centipede's next attack is impeded when several of its legs slip on the gore left by the dead ogre behind it.

[sblock=OOC]Moru's going to drink his CLW potion, meanwhile, the critter's not doing well. Hopefully the flank it gives Wally will let him do some more Sneak Attack damage, at least:

Attack 10, Damage 13[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea continued to move cautiously forward. She wracked her brain, trying to think of any spells that might be useful against such a mighty foe. for the moment, though, she paused- perhaps her friends could handle the beast without magical help.

OOC: Move forward 4 more squares. That is it for now- she doesn't have many spells for giants, so she'll see how the other constables can do. If things look ugly she'll warm up a Vertigo or Blinding Color Surge for next round.

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Jonas]You've taken a hit of course, Darius got hit pretty hard by an Ogre, Raul took a boulder and Moru is in the worst shape, but working on it himself. I think just about everyone, but Thea and Wally have take some level of damage--either from the fight or the trap before it. I think everyone has posted, so we're going to do the round this morning. If you don't get a post up before I'm done, we'll let you plug in who you go to heal after the fact.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases