Constables of the 14th Ward

pathfinderq1

First Post
Scotley said:
The man just entering the alley from the door proves to be Walter Wheatstalk, proprietor of the adjacent building, a feed store. He scratches his head at the witness statement presented by Andrew, "um, I didn't really see nothing, but I can write that down if you like." In answer to Thea's description he replies, "I think I've seen that fella round here a time or two. I just figured he lived in the area. Course he didn't look too prosperous, might have just been looking for something to eat in the trash back here." He considers a moment, "Hey, is this about my theft complaint? You think that fella is the one robbed me? Them other constables didn't think so."

Thea's ears perked up at that tidbit- since they had only been set upon this trail recently, a previous connection might have been missed. "It could be, indeed- this fellow could have been involved in who-knows-what sort of mischief. What was it that was taken, and when? I'm afraid this isn't one of the case files I'm familiar with..."

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"They may need us in that sewer, good Soulfetter. Hopefully some of our fellow constables will get here soon, so that they can take care of keeping these townspeople away..." As usual, concern for his comrades was obvious in the knight's countenance.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Walter Wheatstalk's tale

"Oh well, it was like this you see. I was noticing that the feed bins seemed to be coming up a little short. I don't have any employees but family and I kept a good eye on them just the same since stuff was missing. I'm sure they wasn't taking anything and we don't normally let the customers back in the bins. He couldn't figure it out either. We called in the constables. A couple of uniformed fellas came out and looked around a bit. They found a couple of holes and said it was rats." He shruged, "I've had rats before and this seemed like more theft than that, but I hired me a rat catcher just the same. The lazy bastard only worked two days and must have taken his pay and gone off to get drunk. He hasn't come back in a week." I don't think those big buggers could have got in through the little holes. He points at the big Vorbar Mountains Rats over which Bocephus is drooling.

Scotley

Hero
As if on cue a pair of uniformed constables, a gnome and a halfling appear at the mouth of the alley. Once appraised of the situation they move into action. The gnome, wielding whistle as a signal and truncheon to emphasize his directions takes up a position on a convenient crate from the alley and starts directing the stalled traffic on the street, getting the rubberneckers moving. The halfling meanwhile stretches some blue dyed rope across the mouth of the alley and takes up station to prevent entry.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"My thanks, friends." Confident in the uniformed constables' abilities, Alarion walks to the sewer and climbs the rungs down. He then joins Darius and Rahvin, truncheon in hand. "What have you found, lads?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter will also move to the manhole and peer down doubtfully. "How's the space down there? Looks a little cramped to me but I'm up for it! Just let me know when you're finished looking 'round - I don't think there's any way I can fit down there without mucking up any evidence."

Hmmm. I hope we don't find the body of Mr. Wheatstalk's 'ratcatcher' down here.

Maeglin

First Post
“There are some footprints here,” Rahvin whispers to Alarion. “For Jonas to take a look at.”

“There is something over there,” he indicates, gesturing with the lamp. “I’m going to take a look. Watch my back, lads, and be careful not to disturb the tracks.”

Truncheon in hand, and lantern on the other, Rahvin makes his way slowly south to the shadowy object.

[sblock=actions] Rahvin moves carefully to avoid disturbing the tracks. He will step in the water, if necessary, in order not to mess up the trail.

Here is a spot check for the hole in the wall, and for the shadowy object, just in case, as well as a search check for traps on the object.

Spot check for hole in wall ; Search check for traps in shadowy object (1d20 +7=16, 1d20+9=15)

[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Rahvin steps off the ledge and into the sewer proper. The floor of the sewer is wet, slimey and slick.

[sblock=Rahvin]Please roll a DC:12 balance check.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Raul]John and Mary own the dry goods shop next to the alley. There last name is Johnson. They seem to be quiet, upstanding citizens. Raul is aware of no rumors or investigations with reguard to the family.[/sblock]

John thanks Raul and Moru profusely, "I'm really glad you men were here today. I can't imagine why that pack of beasts was in the alley. There had been a bum sort of lurking around back there. I just assumed he was looking for something of value in the trash."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases