Constables of the 14th Ward

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresded

Andrew will silently watch what is occuring with little comment using the truncheon with a light spell to investigate the general area in the sewers

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Andrew]The area seems in pretty good repair. Andrew suspects this spot was carefully selected for its multiple convienent exits and tunnels leading in several directions as well as the available food source.[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

Seeing the multiple acess points, Andrew will sketch them out and see if he can determine where they lead and what buildings may be along their path.

xedr

First Post
After crawling for nearly 50 feet through small, muddy tunnels, Darius has quite literally reached the end of his rope. :D Darius calls back to Jonas [highlight]"You can let go Jonas! It seems that this place is deserted. Disgusting, but deserted."[/highlight] Darius proceeds cautiously in Alarion's wake, searching for evidence of human habitation. [highlight]"It's like a rat's nest down here, Alarion. I don't see how anybody could live like this. Except maybe for Bocephus..."[/highlight]
[sblock=OOC] Search roll (1d20+3=14) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul in sewer 4

Scotley said:
Raul finds himself staring into the rat warren. A dirty Alarion is crawling toward you. Glancing up through the sewer grate, Raul sees the street on the opposite block behind the feedstore and dry goods shop.

Seeing Alarion approaching, Raul relates to him where this entrance to the warren is and where the closeby sewer grate comes out. "Found anything? Are you continuing further inside the warren? Who else is with you?" asks Raul of Alarion. "I'll continue on down the sewer line here. Soulfetter is back at the junction where we entered the sewer. The others are south of that junction as far as I know."

[sblock=Actions]Unless Alarion has other thoughts, Raul will continue down the sewer to the east looking for clues after reporting back to Soulfetter on the warren entrance and the sewer grate location.
spot check = 1d20+8-> [20,8] = (28)
listen check = 16
balance check = 10

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"I found the exterminator... rather, what is left of him. Darius is here. We will finish exploring this warren in a few minutes." Alarion heads southeast into the warren.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Darius, Alarion and Raul continue their explorations. Raul finds only more tunnels ahead. The sewers are vast and run all over the city, so it quickly becomes obvious that he could spend the rest of his life wandering tunnels. A brief stroll in the other tunnels, west and north proves to hold nothing new.

Darius finds an area slightly more suited to human habitation. It is a little higher and has a small lamp, a bedroll and a box with some food in it. It looks more like a temporary camp than a residence. There is room perhaps too people to sleep here.

Alarion finds several nests for rats or stirges, but nothing of value.

It appears that Thornapple has escaped your cluthes for now, and that the current crime scene has been fully explored.

Return to the surface?

Attachments

• Sewers.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 107

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"I have had enough of this!" The tall knight crawls out into the tunnel, and stretches his muscled frame. "Let me get cleaned up, then we can go seek our missing mapmaker."

Maeglin

First Post
"Excellent idea," Rahvin agreed. "I need to change this bloody shirt too"

[sblock=actions]And Rahvin will also take the opportunity to pick up a fresh vial of oil from his flat [/sblock]

xedr

First Post
Darius searches the bedroll and box, and examines the lamp, for any indications of ownership. Finding none, he briefly considers confiscating the lot on the general principle that the owner certainly couldn't be up to any legal activities down here, but he ultimately decides that simply having seen Thornapple in the vicinity is not a sufficient pretext.

Darius is simultaneously relieved and disgusted at not having gotten into a confrontation in the narrow warrens. Darius returns to the sewers and reports his (lack of) findings to his comrades while re-coiling the rope. Glancing at Alarion, Darius says [highlight]"Well, at least Iggy can't complain about us doing a half-assed job"[/highlight]

Returning to the surface, Darius examines his current state in full sunlight, and promptly goes looking for a rain barrel to wash off the worst of the muck. Seeing a rat-laden Bocephus rounding a corner ahead of him, Darius calls after him [highlight]"Hey Bocephus! A quick word if you don't mind. Since you're profiting so handsomely from our misadventure, perhaps you can be of further assistance. You ever hear of a halfling mapmaker by the name of Krado Lyman?"[/highlight]

Last edited:

Remove ads