Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
Lou said:
Before the group sets out, Raul inquires, "Is the mapmaker's shop within sight of any taller buildings close-by? I'd like to get a bird's eye view of the mapmaker's place from other surrounding buildings. We passed Bloom's on the way in, is it near there?" Raul thinks to himself, "And I'd like a look around the upper floor greenhouse of Bloom's, too, now that noxious plant-growing is a crime in the 14th."

"As part of our initial investigation, Jonas, how about we seek out nearby roofs and upper floors to check the view? Perhaps someone saw something from there. What else should we focus on?

Angus's jaw drops and he looks aghast at Raul. "I really don't think you'll be a-wanting to visit Bloom's! Oh, yes, you'll see quite a view there, but it won't be the sort of view that a monk has any business seeing!"

Leif

Adventurer
Angus speaks more

Recovering his composure after Raul stunned him by his suggestion involving Bloom's, Angus says, "You know, I thought that you constables would want to first inspect the scene of the abduction, but I guess you guys know what you're doing, since you are the pros after all!"

Lou

Explorer
Raul during the briefing 3/Raul on Bloom's

Leif said:
Angus's jaw drops and he looks aghast at Raul. "I really don't think you'll be a-wanting to visit Bloom's! Oh, yes, you'll see quite a view there, but it won't be the sort of view that a monk has any business seeing!"

Raul gets a puzzled look on his face, "Bloom's is not a florist shop? Isn't that what it says on the front of the building? I... I... I just wanted to inspect what was growing there!"

[sblock=Leif]That's the best setup I could think of...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Angus speaks again

Lou said:
Raul gets a puzzled look on his face, "Bloom's is not a florist shop? Isn't that what it says on the front of the building? I... I... I just wanted to inspect what was growing there!"

"Well, yes, that's what it says on the sign, but the "flowers" that they have in there are, um, more the 2-legged female kind," he gives Raul a nudge and a conspiratorial wink. Angus continues, "Yeah I really thought that you'd want to see the place where Krado was grabbed, instead of his shop, but you guys are the detectives!

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul during the briefing 4

Leif said:
"Well, yes, that's what it says on the sign, but the "flowers" that they have in there are, um, more the 2-legged female kind," he gives Raul a nudge and a conspiratorial wink. Angus continues, "Yeah I really thought that you'd want to see the place where Krado was grabbed, instead of his shop, but you guys are the detectives!

Raul, making a mental note to visit Bloom's on his next day off to see for himself, turns to his fellow constables of the 14th, "We could start at the crime scene and then split up."

Turning back to Angus, "Has the crime scene been disturbed at all?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter speaks up from his place holding up the wall:

"No need for all of us to go to the house - we'd likely overwhelm poor Mrs. Lyman with our combined, um, personalities. Rahvin and I should be able to handle that aspect of the investigation. I think the more ground we can cover early on, the more likely we are not to lose whatever trail there is. These first few hours are crucial."

Leif

Adventurer
Angus

Lou said:
We could start at the crime scene and then split up." Turning back to Angus, "Has the crime scene been disturbed at all?"

Angus says, "I don't exactly know what you mean by disturbed. Our constables have been busy with Picket Line duty since the Shiv went on strike in the 2nd, so the crime scene hasn't even been marked as far as I know. Mrs. Lyman said that she hasn't been there, and Mr. Lyman OBVIOUSLY hasn't been there. I don't know of any reason why anyone else would have wanted to be there. Of course, there will have been the ordinary foot traffic around the shop since then."

Leif

Adventurer
Mowgli said:
SoulFetter speaks up from his place holding up the wall:
"No need for all of us to go to the house - we'd likely overwhelm poor Mrs. Lyman with our combined, um, personalities. Rahvin and I should be able to handle that aspect of the investigation. I think the more ground we can cover early on, the more likely we are not to lose whatever trail there is. These first few hours are crucial."

Angus replies, "The Big Grey Guy is right! Say, Constable Sir, can I call you The Cloud Constable?" :D

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

The knight from Tovarre adjusts the angle of his scabbard as he nods at Dresden. "Very well, my friends. Let us go find our mapmaker. To clarify things, Rahvin and Soulfetter will check the crime scene, the rest will look around the area and see if the townsfolk saw anything untoward. Onward we, bravely!" With that, he walks to the door and stands aside to let Thea pass first.

Leif

Adventurer
Is everyone doing as Alarion suggests?

Please relate any variances from what he said. Otherwise, I will assume that you are proceeding as indicated by Constable Alarion.

{Okay, this was a mistake! I should have called for individual actions at this point.}

Last edited:

Remove ads