Constables of the 14th Ward

Lou

Explorer
Group Actions Outlined by Raul

Leif said:
Please relate any variances from what he said. Otherwise, I will assume that you are proceeding as indicated by Constable Alarion.

Raul/Jonas will accompany Alarion/Andrew/Thea, Rahvin/Soulfetter, and Darius/Moru to see where the mapmaker's office is and where the crime occurred. After settling on a meeting time and place, the constables will split into the four groups.

Raul and Jonas will take the "high road" as it were, investigating tall buildings in the area around the crime scene and the mapmaker's office, asking if anyone saw anything and looking for evidence of someone using a roof or balcony, etc. as a spying location (cigarette butts, trash, etc.) moving generally along the likely routes to the Dammit Wall, as previously suggested.

OOC:
The four groups have previously indicated their anticipated actions, both collectively and separately in the following posts:
In general: 235, 238, 239
Raul/Jonas -- here as well as 247, 255
Alarion/Andrew/Thea -- 248, 249, 259
Rahvin/Soulfetter -- 241, 245
Darius/Moru -- 246
If I left anything off, please correct. :)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Waitaminnit! Let Me Think About What I Said...

Didn't I just get through saying, AND I QUOTE MYSELF:

"Hey! Y'all need to just calm down! We've got a good party going here, let's not mess it up. If you have any kind of an "election" for a leader, that's exactly what you'll be doing because somebody's feelings will be hurt and somebody will be absolutely sure that they could do a better job. So JUST DROP IT, ok? You are ALL Constables, which means that you are ALL leaders! Everyone should feel free to show as much initiative as the situation calls for, but you should all also remember that all the rest of you are Constables too, so everyone is due the same amount of respect, from other citizens, and from each other. (Just not from Iggy! hehe)"

This DEFINITELY applies to having one player state actions/intentions for the entire party. So, the upshot is that -- Raul can speak for Raul, and we'll accept his actions as stated, but everyone else needs to tell us what their own character ONLY is doing.

Leif

Adventurer
Moru Sen

ooc: Moru will, for now, become very attached to Darius's shadow.

still ooc: And this goes to the heart of the reason for the post about everyone speaking for themselves. Moru's player told us that he would be gone for awhile, and that we should take care of him. But, occasionally, someone may be absent from the game for a time without telling us. Letting one person speak for everybody could unjustifiably put that character, whose player hasn't checked in recently, in dire jeopardy and danger of life and limb. We prefer that each player tell us specifically about that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Mapmaker's Office

You arrive, as a goup, at a small, brick building with a gray slate roof that bears a sign that reads: "FINDERS, KEEPERS!" and beneath that, "Krado Lyman, Cartographer." Jonas can identify no specific tracks of any interest. The shutters are closed and the door is locked.

After asking around of the neighbors a bit, you learn the location of Mr. K. Lyman's home. It is several streets over in a quiet residential neighborhood. Mrs. Lyman greets you at the door and seems surprised that Constables from the 14th are working on the case. Nevertheless she seems cooperative and invites you in for tea and crumpets (and she is a supremely talented baker!).

"Yes, my Krado left for work as he always does on Tuesday, with his lunch in hand. He never gets home past 5:30 p.m., so when it got to be 6:00 p.m. I began to get very worried, indeed! He never came home that night. The next morning, I walked to the shop, found the door closed and locked, just as he always left it. She bows her head and weeps softly at this point. "Poor Krado! Oh, I'm so worried! I have no idea why some person would want to hurt him! He is such a gentle soul! But, you'll be wanting to look around the office for yourselves, won't you?" She dries her eyes on her apron. "Here's the key," she says, handing you the spare key to "FINDERS, KEEPERS!"

OOC: So, are we headed back to Krado's office after we finish our tea and crumpets, or are there more questions?

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul's investigation 1

Leif said:
You arrive, as a goup, at a small, brick building with a gray slate roof that bears a sign that reads: "FINDERS, KEEPERS!" and beneath that, "Krado Lyman, Cartographer." Jonas can identify no specific tracks of any interest. The shutters are closed and the door is locked.

After asking around of the neighbors a bit, you learn the location of Mr. K. Lyman's home. It is several streets over in a quiet residential neighborhood. Mrs. Lyman greets you at the door and seems surprised that Constables from the 14th are working on the case. Nevertheless she seems cooperative and invites you in for tea and crumpets (and she is a supremely talented baker!).

"Yes, my Krado left for work as he always does on Tuesday, with his lunch in hand. He never gets home past 5:30 p.m., so when it got to be 6:00 p.m. I began to get very worried, indeed! He never came home that night. The next morning, I walked to the shop, found the door closed and locked, just as he always left it. She bows her head and weeps softly at this point. "Poor Krado! Oh, I'm so worried! I have no idea why some person would want to hurt him! He is such a gentle soul! But, you'll be wanting to look around the office for yourselves, won't you?" She dries her eyes on her apron. "Here's the key," she says, handing you the key.

OOC: So, are we headed back to Krado's office after we finish our tea and crumpets, or are there more questions?

At Lyman's shop, Raul will look around the outside to identify the nearby buildings and any that look down on the shop. Raul will also survey that area for bums or other loiterers in the street in this area. Raul will also look for the apparent route taken to get on the roof by the suspicious-looking character reported by Constables O'Malley and Hoolihan.
[sblock=OOC]What? Angus couldn't be bothered to tell us where the alleged crime scene is? After all, Angus did read us from his notebook that Lyman's house was broken into, and he was taken from there.[/sblock]
When the group arrives at Lyman's home, Raul will not enter the house but will explore the outside of the house, looking for clues outside the windows, especially the reportedly broken rear window and in the yard, especially near the allegedly trampled garden. Looking outward away from the house, are there any nearby buildings that look down on the house?

[sblock=OOC]The idea that we not crowd the widow is looking well thought out with her story not jiving with the initial report given to the group by Angus, reading from the report but then Angus in conversation didn't get his story straight. So is the widow so traumatized that she doesn't remember what happened or are we being jerked around by Angus and Festus?[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Lou said:
At Lyman's shop, Raul will look around the outside to identify the nearby buildings and any that look down on the shop. Raul will also survey that area for bums or other loiterers in the street in this area. Raul will also look for the apparent route taken to get on the roof by the suspicious-looking character reported by Constables O'Malley and Hoolihan.
[sblock=OOC]What? Angus couldn't be bothered to tell us where the alleged crime scene is? After all, Angus did read us from his notebook that Lyman's house was broken into, and he was taken from there.[/sblock]
When the group arrives at Lyman's home, Raul will not enter the house but will explore the outside of the house, looking for clues outside the windows, especially the reportedly broken rear window and in the yard, especially near the allegedly trampled garden. Looking outward away from the house, are there any nearby buildings that look down on the house?

[sblock=OOC]The idea that we not crowd the widow is looking well thought out with her story not jiving with the initial report given to the group by Angus, reading from the report but then Angus in conversation didn't get his story straight. So is the widow so traumatized that she doesn't remember what happened or are we being jerked around by Angus and Festus?[/sblock]

Practically every building nearby looks down on Lyman's shop. He is, after all, a halfling, and halflings are notoriously altitude averse.

At the Lyman house, Mrs. Lyman has thoroughly straightened up and swept/mopped/washed the crime scene, so it is thoroughly compromised now. She appears to have been receiving guests recently, (empty dishes and cups sitting in various odd places all around the living room), and when asked, she relates that she has had well-wishers coming by to bring food or just to keep her company almost every night since this happened. And the more you think about it, the more contrved her tears appeared to be when first you met her. All of the rear windows are now intact. Mrs. Lyman says, "Oh, goodness, yes! I had that repaired right away! It was so very untidy having broken glass all over the place!"

Angus was quite confident in the story as he related it, and he appeared to have very careful notes that he took down as he learned new facts.

[sblock=OOC] So, this stuff just doesn't add up, does it? You have to determine who you're going to believe, and what you're going to do about it.[/sblock]

Bocephus waits outside while you go into the Lyman house. When you come out, eventually, he's eager to be of any use, running errands, etc. Hmmm, he must want something......

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
An examination of Lyman's shop reveals that it is relatively easy for an averaged sized person to climb. Nothing on top seems amiss.

OOC: Those exploring the roof areas of nearby buildings please make a search check.

xedr

First Post
[highlight]"Great pastries Ms. Lyman!"[/highlight] says Darius. [highlight]"How long have you and Mr. Lyman been married? Have there been any fights lately? Do you have any children? Does Mr. Lyman have any friends he might confide in? Where can we find them? Did your neighbors see anything? Who can we talk to?"[/highlight] Moru places his hand on Darius's shoulder as if to calm him down. Darius shuts up and waits expectantly, munching with delight on a fluffy buttered crumpet with cinnamon and currants. [sblock=OOC]Diplomacy check (1d20+2=14)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases