Constables of the 14th Ward

xedr

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sense motive (1d20=2) when asking if she wants husband back. Oh well.
Search (1d20+3=4) when looking for evidence of recent window repair. Actually, when I don't see anything immediately, let me go over it again closely and "take 20".
[/sblock]Darius says [highlight] "Now, now, Ms. Lyman, we're only trying to help. Your husband has gone missing in a very big city and it could be some seemingly insignificant detail that gives us the clue we need to find him. And you do want us to find him, don't you?" [/highlight] Darius studies Ms. Lyman's reaction to the question.

Then Darius thinks "We've got to talk to the neighbors to see if there have been any domestic disputes. We're certainly not getting the full story here." After excusing themselves (and Darius grabbing a crumpet with coconut sprinkles), Darius and Moru study the rear windows carefully for any evidence of recent repair. Seeing Bocephus hanging around outside, they exit the house and approach him. [highlight]"Hey Bo, what d'ya know? Want some of my crumpet? It's got coconut sprinkles! And by the way, have you heard anything about the Lymans?"[/highlight]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Alarion

Helfdan said:
Alarion

The knight looks somewhat embarrassed when she begins to cry, but somehow her explanation for the two different stories does not sound convincing.

[sblock=Sense Motive]

Using just normal human intuition: 1d20=15

[/sblock]

[sblock=Alarion] You sense a confused, simple woman who is overwhelmed by unfamilar circumstances and who, despite her best intentions is, nevertheless, really enjoying all of the attention she is receiving. In other words, she's really not up to anything. [/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"I apologize, goodwife, if I have made you feel ill at ease. As Constable Darius has stated, we merely need to make sure we know everything that happened on that night insofar as we can." He stands to his full height. "And we DO mean to find him, mistress Lyman, where'er he may be. On that, you have my word as a Knight."

Leif

Adventurer
Darius

xedr said:
[sblock=OOC]Sense motive (1d20=2) when asking if she wants husband back. Oh well.
Search (1d20+3=4) when looking for evidence of recent window repair. Actually, when I don't see anything immediately, let me go over it again closely and "take 20".
[/sblock]Darius says [highlight] "Now, now, Ms. Lyman, we're only trying to help. Your husband has gone missing in a very big city and it could be some seemingly insignificant detail that gives us the clue we need to find him. And you do want us to find him, don't you?" [/highlight] Darius studies Ms. Lyman's reaction to the question.

Then Darius thinks "We've got to talk to the neighbors to see if there have been any domestic disputes. We're certainly not getting the full story here." After excusing themselves (and Darius grabbing a crumpet with coconut sprinkles), Darius and Moru study the rear windows carefully for any evidence of recent repair. Seeing Bocephus hanging around outside, they exit the house and approach him. [highlight]"Hey Bo, what d'ya know? Want some of my crumpet? It's got coconut sprinkles! And by the way, have you heard anything about the Lymans?"[/highlight]

"Of course I want my husband back!" says Mrs. Flora Lyman.

On your window search, you find that the area does seem to have been recently repaired, and by someone who has very little knowledge of home improvement. Like, say, maybe a halfling housewife? You get the definite feeling that you've about reached the end of any productive knowledge here, and that it's about time to check out Krado Lyman's office. [sblock=duhhh!]My new level of DM has allowed me, finally, to take the feat "Recognize Italics!" Though, I must say that I like your practice of doing thoughts in white and speech in some other color. ;) [/sblock]

Bocephus: "Oh, thank you very much for the crumpet, Constable Darius, Sir! That's delicious! Say, I don't suppose you could snag me another one of those, could you? Those sprinkles are great! No, as far as I have heard, the Lymans are just your average milk-toast halfilings."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Alarion

Helfdan said:
Alarion

"I apologize, goodwife, if I have made you feel ill at ease. As Constable Darius has stated, we merely need to make sure we know everything that happened on that night insofar as we can." He stands to his full height. "And we DO mean to find him, mistress Lyman, where'er he may be. On that, you have my word as a Knight."

Rising from her chair, Flora Lyman says to Alarion, "Oh, I do thank you most sincerely, Constable, Sir!" As you all sympathetically also rise along with the lady, she moves toward the front door and holds out the tray of crumpets for you each to take one for the road. "Please find my Krado and return him to me safe and sound!" ooc: Now Darius makes his search of the window, from the outside. And you just happen to get an extra crumpet for later, in case you decide to give Bocephus another one (or you can just keep it for yourself!)

Scotley

Hero
Andrew's careful observation suggests that the two manhole covers he could find in the area have not been opened recently. There is a significant accumulation of grit around the opening. Probing with a dagger tip suggests that it has not moved in months. Nearby grates are equally unhelpful. It appears that Krado's abductors were bold enough to roam the streets, at least by night. Just when he thinks there is no clue to be found here. Andrew spots something of interest in the vacant lot. There is a substantial compost pile on the lot. Taking a look behind it in the shade of a large tree he finds the grass has been mashed down as if two or three man sized creatures have lain here for some time. The spot is not redily visible from the street or nearby homes.

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

Carefully, Andrew will search the area and the composte pile and the site where the three men lay very carefully looking for any thing that may have fell out of their pocket as well as taking a few seconds to sketch the area. Having done that he will lay down next to one of the impressions to get a grounds eye view of what can be seen from the position.

Remove ads