Constables of the 14th Ward

xedr

First Post
Leif said:
Please describe how Darius checks out the sewer grate? What, specifically, does he do to it?
In this round, it is just a visual inspection to see if the grate is set in stone or whether (like the manhole cover) it is just sitting in a recess and can be lifted. [sblock=OOC]Here's an unsolicited spot check: spot check (1d20+2=6) [/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"Gentlemen, let me know should you need any help." Alarion addresses Rahvin, Darius, and Jonas as he wipes and sheathes his sword. He then walks to the alley entrance, drawing his truncheon as he does so. "Once we know the ladies are safe, join me here, master Soulfetter. No one comes into this alley until we know Thornapple is gone for good."

The tall figure of the knight makes it obvious that curious gawkers are not welcome.

Leif

Adventurer
xedr said:
In this round, it is just a visual inspection to see if the grate is set in stone or whether (like the manhole cover) it is just sitting in a recess and can be lifted. [sblock=OOC]Here's an unsolicited spot check: spot check (1d20+2=6) [/sblock]

Wellllll, it LOOKS solid. There appears to be plenty of room for a good-sized Mickey and/or Minnie to sqeeze through. And rats can fit through very narrow openings, anyway.

Maeglin

First Post
xedr said:
[highlight]Darius says: Does anybody know what degree of talent is required to fly like that? Seriously, I want to know."[/highlight]

Rahvin considers the question. They had seen the terrorist cast the spell that let him walk on air. Although the former spy had no formal magickal training, he knew some of the basic principles of theurgy and thaumaturgy. In this case, however, he had no knowledge of that particular spell, or of the means by which he suspected the swarm had been conjured.

“I know little of druidic magic, Darius. But I suspect it is not one of the Least Mysteries. Probably Lesser or perhaps even, Greater... Andrew?”

"Oh,"
he says. "And thanks for killing that accursed thing, Darius."

[sblock=ooc] Thanks to the Jack of All trades feat, Rahvin can attempt a spellcraft check to evaluate the Air walk spell cast by Thaddeus

Spellcraft check to identify Thaddeus' Airwalk spell (DC 19) (1d20 +2=15)

Unfortunately, it is not successful. Please note that this use of the skill is NOT an action. Still have not decided what Rahvin is gonna do this round, given my late initiative count. Gonna wait and see what those who act before are gonna do, then will post something appropiate :)

However, since Darius and Rahvin go on the same count, it seems appropiate that he should try to answer the question... Sorry to step on the spellcasters' territory

BTW used least, lesser and greater mysteries to denote 1-3, 4-6 and 7-9 spell levels. Hope this is okay...
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
it's better than ok, Rahvin

"Least, Lesser, and Greater Mysteries" seem like they just became part of the vernacular on Tara! Thanks, Rahvin/Maeglin!

But Least Mysteries are cantrips.
Lesser are levels 1-3,
Greater are levels 4-6, and
Supreme are levels 7-9.

How will that be?

Last edited:

Maeglin

First Post
[sblock=Cool!] Oh, nice! Glad you like it :) and pleased to have added a little grain of sand to an awesome setting....

I came up with that a looong time ago... I used to say the Least, Lesser, Greater Keys of Sorcery (for the mage spells). 'Mysteries' seemed appropiate for clerical magic.

Hope the spellcasters like it too. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
And now back to your regularly scheduled round of actions! Who's going to crawl through the grate?? :D

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

" I would place it in the lower level of lesser magics Ravin" Andrew responds. "Now we know for fact that we are dealing with a spell caster or someone who has access to mid range spells which could very well include some nasty suprises such as imbolizing spells, and some harm type spells. I would avoid letting him get close enough to touch anyone" Pulling his tablet from his pocket, Andrew will make a quick sketch of the area and the postion of the bodies etc as well as notes on the type of animals/creatures invovled.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

As soon as the area is clear of webs and the critters are toasty, SoulFetter will begin combing through the pile for his truncheon. Retrieving the trusty weapon (hopefully not so charred as to be useless), he moves to the grate and squats to peer through doubtfully.

"I can likely pull the grate out if this is our chosen course, but it will be a tight fit for me in there . . . if I can fit at all."

He has now resumed his usual size (only 8 1/2 feet tall) and seems more winded than he should be after such a short fight. As he looks through the grate, he presses against his wounds to staunch the bleeding.

Leif

Adventurer
Look who's here!

ooc: Now that the melee is over, and the danger is past, a familiar face peeks around the corner of the alley. Seeing that it's safe, Bocephus your nappy goblin gopher strides valiantly up.

"Yikes! Looks like you boys did a real number on some critters! Here, sir, let me help you with that!"

ooc: whereupon, he strides up to SoulFetter and offers to help tie the bandage on, licking his hands clean as he approaches.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases