E6: The Game Inside D&D (new revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hierax

First Post
Rycanada, I like what you are doing with e6 and it seems to be working well for you!

Personally, I'd adapt your system slightly starting with:

- 8th Level Cap: because 4th Level Spells are still not the problematic ones that the 5th Level ones cast by 9th Level characters. Also some of the Feat prerequisites seem to fit better here, particularly for Fighters with +8 BAB.

- Slower Level Advancement: Less XP or greater XP needed to advance each level. At least twice as much to keep roughly the same time to get to the top (I'd make it even slower than that but that's because I think that 3e advancement is way too fast).

- Feat per Level: to give more of the rewards at each step of the way.

- I'd also have the "name level" 9th and 10th Levels act as an end-game Epic Advancement Quest that a character would have to really work towards like the old Basic/Expert/etc. D&D's quest for divinity (not just something to be advanced into with XP).

That said, we'll each find our own "Sweet Spot" for some levels 1-3 would be best, for you 1-6, for me 1-8, for the default D&Der's 1-20.

Anyway, great idea keep on running with it...

Nifelhein

First Post
Hmmmm, I think I can work with a little bit of color on headers to make them a bit different but I thought the whole thing should look simple and clean. I am still working on a border right now so I am not yet sure how it will look like, nothing very fancy too. I have quite a bit of fonts but am not sure I have the right one. I was thinking of doing the E6 into a sort of logo, any thoughts on it?

And no problem, I will hand you the PSD files of the artwork and also the source I will use to generate the pdf just to make sure you have them in case I vanish in thin air. Plus that way it will be easier to update.

I will see what I come up with and egt back to you once I have something to show. :)

Ry

Explorer
Sounds good. For color I did just mean the headers; my ideal is like the PHB but without anything behind the text (2E monster manual with slightly larger fonts). But honestly, do your thing, and don't feel the need to listen to me. E6's rtf is rough because I suck at layout.

MrNexx

First Post
I'm unlikely to get to use this anytime soon, but I just wanted to say that it looks fantastic; the most exciting idea I've seen for D&D in a long time.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I still think that E6 is a great idea. It's a great break when you've been in a high level campaign for a while, and I would like to give it a try. Of course, it might be difficult to convince some of your gamers friends used to planning their characters out for 20 levels to freeze their advancement at 6th level. Anyway, I just thought of a question that I don't think has been covered here. Is the leadership feat available in E6 (I'm assuming yes since in the current RAW it is), or would it be done away with? If you can get leadership, what happens to your cohort? Do they increase in level until they get to 6th level and then gain feats like PC's, or do they stay at 4th level and get extra feats after that?

Ry

Explorer
Nifelhein, if you want to show me the file before you post it here my e-mail is
ryanstoughton(iwonderwhatgoeshere)hotmail.com

Ry

Explorer
Mr Nexx and Shazman: Thanks!

Since by the RAW they stay 2 levels behind the PC, I'd say give them feats on top of 4th level.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I see a lot of 4th level bards and marshalls that stay as far away from melee as possible in E6's future.

Ry

Explorer
That's fine by me. I see cohorts as sidekicks, although sometimes they become an excuse for twice as many actions (which is fine if you have, say, 2 players).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases