E6: The Game Inside D&D (new revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry

Explorer
Thanks Nifelhein. I'll be starting a new E6 campaign that will run weekly (and possibly monthly in a parallel game) with the first session in a week and a half. If you get a chance to try it out, definitely post about it here!

Last edited:

Nifelhein

First Post
You really should make a pdf out of this all you know, for portability. I am not sure if I will ever get a chance of running it, but if anyone wants me to GM D20 again, this will be it, that is for sure. ;)

Dragonblade275

First Post
Questions on the Death Flag

rycanada said:
When the death flag is raised, the normal rules for death apply. If the death flag has not been raised, then the character, if killed, is treated as reducing the player character to 1 hit point above death. The Death Flag can be lowered by spending 6 Conviction.
Question(s) concerning the Death Flag.
1. Is 1 HP above death 1 hit point or -9 hit points (dying per the normal rules)? In other words is there still a chance that the character will die if he or she does not stabilize?

2. Is it impossible for a character to die if the death flag has not been raised?​

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I really like the idea of E6. You still get some advancement, but you don't run around with gobs of magic items and spells at your fingertips. Combats are shorter and more memorable at the same time. Characters get better, but don't become a bookkeeping nightmare. That being said, I prefer to run pre-published adventures since I don't have time to write my own. How would E6 work with pre-published adventures such as Red Hand of Doom, Expediton to Castle Ravenloft, Eyes of the Lich Queen, or Expedition to the Demonweb Pits? Some of the threats towards the later end of these adventures are CR13 or higher. How much alteration would be required to make them fit into E6? I really like Paizo's 1-20 adventure paths, but I'd say the later half of them would be exremely difficult to do in E6. What are your thoughts on this?

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Another thing for consideration is the fighter. If everyone gets tons of feats, there isn't much incentive to play a fighter. As it stands, practically everyone that wants a good "fighter" in E6 will play a fighter 4/hexblade 1/barbarian 1 or a warblade. Maybe give the fighter access to feats no one else can have. For example, only fighters can take martial training and martial stance feats from the book of nine swords, or feats like improved critical and greater weapon focus/secialization have prerequs of fighter level 6 plus specialization with the weapon. Also, I think there should be some way for attack bonuses to scale. Some CR 10 critters will probably have AC's that are beyond the scope of warriors to hit with only weapon focus, a +1 weapon, and low level buffs to help them out. Maybe a feat similar to epic prowess that can be taken a mximum of three times or so would be warranted.

DogBackward

First Post
If you want to leave fighters as viable classes, you could just say that fighters, and only fighters, gain feats every 3000xp instead of 5000, and only if you have 6 levels of fighter. That way, a fighter will always have more feats than the other classes, even after "Epic" levels.

Ioreck

First Post
Well, heres my version of E6 (i homebrew alot, but i figure any imput is good imput)

while i do this, i have the levels spread out, so slow xp gain.

However, at the usual xp markings (where you level up in normal dnd), you still get the feat and ability up.

you can edit this to get the class ability too. For feats, just say rather than levl rq, you need a fighter with X exp.

then he can get his weapon mastery and such.

dagger

Adventurer
rycanada said:
Q: Does E6 change the stacking rules? For example, can I take Weapon Focus twice and have it stack? Can I take Skill Focus twice and have it stack?
A:, and keeps skills in line with the other setting assumptions. A character with 9 skill ranks, a +2/+2 feat bonus, and a +3 Skill Focus bonus makes for a true master of that skill. This person can take 10 and do better than an untrained person could do even with a 20.

Looks like you left something out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases