2007 ENnies Nominees - announced!

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Edit by Morrus for ease of formatting - I've placed the whole list in this first post.

We are pleased to announce the nominations for the 2007 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards ("The ENnies"), the world's premiere RPG awards program. As one of the judges put it, "I think we can all agree that everything that's on the list belongs there, even if we can't agree that everything that belongs there is on the list."

Voting begins Monday, July 16th. In the time before then, we would like to encourage fans to familiarize themselves with all the products in order to make an informed decision, and publishers to contact us as soon as possible to provide us with graphics, verbiage, links, and ceremony details.

Everyone is invited to attend the Awards Ceremony on Friday, August 17th, 2007 at the Indiana Roof Ballroom starting at 9:30pm.

topbar.jpg

Best Fan Site
Awarded for an RPG web site or web comic run by fans, for fans, ie. not by a publisher and not for profit.
[bq]Dragonlance Nexus
Liber Fanatica
Modus Operandi
Plane Walker
Treasure Tables
Honorable Mention: Flames Rising[/bq]
Best Podcast
[bq]Fear the Boot
Have Games, Will Travel
Godzilla Gaming
Sons of Kryos
Yog Sothoth Radio
Honorable Mention: Pulp Gamer[/bq]
Best Cover Art
Awarded for the book with the best cover.
[bq]Dawning Star: Helios Rising, Blue Devil Games
Hollow Earth Expedition, Exile Game Studio
Faery's Tale, Firefly Games
Lacuna Part 1, Memento Mori Theatrics
Five Fingers: Port of Deceit, Privateer Press
Honorable Mention: Mutants & Masterminds: Ultimate Power, Green Ronin Publishing[/bq]
Best Interior Art
Awarded for the book containing the best artwork between the covers.
[bq]Qin, 7ème Cercle
Warlords of the Accordlands series, AEG
Children of the Horned Rat, Black Industries
Burning Empires, Burning Wheel
Mutants & Masterminds: Ultimate Power, Green Ronin Publishing
Honorable Mention: Hollow Earth Expedition, Exile Games Studio[/bq]
[imager]http://www.enworld.org/images/ennieslogo.gif[/imager]Best Cartography
Awarded for the individual product containing the best art or technique of making maps or charts.

[bq]Warlords of the Accordlands: Monsters & Lairs, AEG
Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay: Game Master's Toolkit, Black Industries
DCC 35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms, Goodman Games
Ptolus- City by the Spire, Malhavoc Press/White Wolf Publishing
Honorable Mention: Campaign Cartographer 3, ProFantasy Software[/bq]
Best Production Values
Awarded for the book exemplifying the best production values, from graphic design and layout, editing, paper, binding- all the factors that combine to create the look and feel of the product.

[bq]Qin, 7ème Cercle
Ptolus - City by the Spire, Malhavoc Press/White Wolf Publishing
Tales of the Caliphate Nights, Paradigm Concepts
Honorable Mention: Knightly Orders of Ansalon, Margaret Weiss Productions[/bq]
[imager]http://www.ennieawards.com/trophydude.jpg[/imager]Best Writing
Awarded for the book containing the best prose and descriptive text (ie."cream" or “fluff”).

[bq]Qin, 7ème Cercle
Dictionary of Mu, Paka's Thread Games
Honorable Mention: Scion: Hero, White Wolf Publishing
[/bq]
Best Rules
Awarded for the book containing the best game design and mechanics (ie. "crunch").
[bq]Qin, 7ème Cercle
Spirit of the Century, Evil Hat Productions
Esoterrorists, Pelgrane Press
Honorable Mention: Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay: Companion, Black Industries[/bq]
Best Supplement
Awarded for a product which adds supplementary rules or details to the game. Products nominated for Best Supplement or any of its child categories (Setting, Adventure, Monster) may not be nominated as Best Game.
[bq]Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay: Companion, Black Industries
Street Magic, FanPro
Etherscope: Upload: Etherpunk, Goodman Games
Thrilling Places, Hero Games
Honorable Mention: Tome of Corruption, Black Industries[/bq]
Best Setting
Awarded for a product detailing a setting.
[bq]Warlords of the Accordlands series, AEG
Dawning Star: Helios Rising, Blue Devil Games
Honorable Mention: Thrilling Places, Hero Games[/bq]
Best Adventure
Awarded for a product that is primarily an adventure, adventure ideas, or seeds.
[bq]Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay: Lure of the Liche Lord, Black Industries
DCC 34: Cage of Delrium, Goodman Games w. Midnight Syndicate
Xcrawl: Coney Island Crawl, Goodman Games
Time of Vengeance, Green Ronin Publishing
Honorable Mention: Dungeon Magazine: Age of Worms Ad. Path, Paizo Publishing[/bq]
Best Miniature Product
Awarded for the best miniature, miniature line or related miniature-type product. Unlike in previous years, miniatures need only be appropriate for RPG play, but not exclusive thereto.
[bq]The Deluxe Galleon, Dragonfire Laser Crafts
Modern Floorplans: All Saints Church, Fabled Environments
E-Z Dungeons, Fat Dragon Games
Conflict Chips, Conflict Chips
Game Mastery: Flip-mat Tavern, Paizo Publishing
Honorable Mention: Hordes Line's Lord of the Feast, Privateer Press[/bq]
Best Regalia
Awarded for the best product which, while it does not complement role playing game play, does enhance the lives of RP gamers. RPG Fiction, RPG Video Games, Videos, RPG Board Games, miniature painting accessories, etc. are all possibilities for entries in this category.
[bq]Liber Chaotica, Black Industries
Witch Hunter's Handbook, Black Industries
Classic Battletech Total Warfare, FanPro
Order of the Stick: No Cure for the Paladin Blues, Giant in the Playground
Art of Dragon Magazine, Paizo Publishing
Honorable Mention: Astounding Hero Tales, Hero Games[/bq]
Best Aid/Accessory
Awarded for the best product used to complement role playing game play. RPG books are not eligible for this category.
[bq]Deck of Many Things, Green Ronin Publishing
Hero Lab, Lone Wolf Development
GameMastery Combat Pad, Open Mind Games/Paizo Publishing
Game Mastery: Critical Hit Deck, Paizo Publishing
Promethean: Storyteller Screen, White Wolf Publishing
Honorable Mention: Campaign Cartographer 3, ProFantasy Software[/bq]
Best Electronic Book
Awarded for the best book released electronically. Products submitted for Best Electronic Book must have been released exclusively in electronic format to be eligible, although small-run (under 50 copies) Print on Demand will not invalidate an entry in this category. Please note that this is for electronic books only- software and other electronic products (such as digital counter collections) still belong in Aid/Accessory.
[bq]Frontier Towns: Fort Griffin #3, Dog House Rules
Magical Medieval Society: European Warfare, Expeditious Retreat Press
Nevermore Gazetteer, Expeditious Retreat Press
Classic Battletech Free Package, FanPro
Castle Shadowcrag, Open Design
Honorable Mention: Kitsunemori, Dog Soul Publishing[/bq]
Best Free Product
[bq]Black Industries Web Site, Black Industries
Six-Guns: Lawmen- Earps and Mastersons, Dog House Rules
Nevermore Gazetteer, Expeditious Retreat Press
Classic Battletech Free Package, FanPro
Savage Tide Player's Guide, Paizo Publishing
Honorable Mention: Scion: Hero- Of Shadows Yet to Come, White Wolf Publishing[/bq]
Best d20/OGL Product
Awarded for the best product using the d20 mechanic. This is open to d20-derived OGL, d20 Licensed games, and products with special D&D licenses.
[bq]Warlords of the Accordlands series, AEG
Etherscope-Upload: Etherpunk, Goodman Games
Honorable Mention: Ptolus- City by the Spire, Malhavoc Press/White Wolf Publishing[/bq]
Best Game
Awarded for the best role-playing game. The Best Game winner brings together art, writing, rules, feeling, playability- everything that makes up a role playing game. Entries in this category must be complete enough to play as-is, from character creation to rules of play, and thus d20 books are not eligible. Best Game and Best Supplement are mutually-exclusive categories.
[bq]Qin, 7ème Cercle
Conspiracy X 2E, Eden Studios
Scion: Hero, White Wolf Publishing
Honorable Mention: Esoterrorists, Pelgrane Press & Spirit of the Century, Evil Hat Games[/bq]
Fan's Choice: Best Publisher
Awarded to a publisher whose body of work during the eligibility period was deemed best overall, with other, often less tangible factors taken into consideration. Customer support, quality and frequency of updates of their web site, their accessibility and contributions to the EN World and gaming-in-general communities will be all part of the qualities of Best Publisher. This is a Fans' Choice Award. This is the only category in which a publisher who did not submit any product for consideration to the ENnies can qualify (if they receive the nomination).
[bq]Arc Dream
Atlas Games
Atomic Sock Monkey Press
Avenger Enterprises
Black Industries
BTRC
Burning Wheel
Chris Gonnerman
Contested Ground Studios
Creative Mountain Games
Dark Omen Games
Dog Soul
Dragonwing Games
Dreamscarred Press
Evil Hat Productions
Exile Game Studio
Expeditious Retreat Press
Fat Dragon Games
Fiery Dragon Productions
Goodman Games
Green Ronin Publishing
Hero Games
Ironwood Omnimedia Company LLC
Kenzer Co.
Malhavoc Press
Margaret Weis Productions/Sovereign Press
Paizo Publishing
Palladium Books
Paradigm Concepts
Pinnacle Entertainment Group/Great White Games
Precis Intermidia Games
RPG Objects
Ronin Arts
Tabletop Adventures
Troll Lord Games
White Wolf
Wizards of the Coast[/bq]
Product of the Year
Awarded to the best product. All products submitted will be automatically considered for this category.
[bq]Qin, 7ème Cercle
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: Children of the Horned Rat, Black Industries
The Deluxe Galleon, Dragonfire Laser Crafts
Honorable Mention: Conspiracy X 2E, Conspiracy X 2E, Eden Studios & Tales of the Caliphate Nights, Paradigm Concepts[/bq]

Congratulations to all the nominees, and good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dextra's original post:

I am pleased to announce the nominations for the 2007 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards ("The ENnies").

As one of the judges put it, "I think we can all agree that everything that's on the list belongs there, even if we can't agree that everything that belongs there is on the list."

Voting begins Monday, July 16th. In the time before then, I would like to encourage fans to familiarize themselves with all the products in order to make an informed decision, and publishers to contact me as soon as possible to provide me with graphics, verbiage, links, and ceremony details.

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Fan Site category

Dragonlance Nexus
Liber Fanatica
Modus Operandi
Plane Walker
Treasure Tables
HM: Flames Rising

www.ennieawards.com will be updated shortly with all the nominees.

Last edited:

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
PodCast

I am pleased to announce the nominations for the 2007 Gen Con EN World RPG Awards ("The ENnies").

As one of the judges put it, "I think we can all agree that everything that's on the list belongs there, even if we can't agree that everything that belongs there is on the list."

Voting begins Monday, July 16th. In the time before then, I would like to encourage fans to familiarize themselves with all the products in order to make an informed decision, and publishers to contact me as soon as possible to provide me with graphics, verbiage, links, and ceremony details.

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Pod/VidCast category

Fear the Boot
Have Games, Will Travel
Godzilla Gaming
Sons of Kryos
Yog Sothoth Radio
HM: Pulp Gamer

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Cover Art

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Cover Art category

Hollow Earth Expedition, Exile Games
Lacuna Part 1, Memento Mori
HM: Mutants & Masterminds: Ultimate Power, Green Ronin

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Interior Art

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Interior Art category

Qin, 7ème Cercle
Mutants & Masterminds: Ultimate Power, Green Ronin
HM: Hollow Earth Expedition, Exile Game Studio

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Cartography

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Cartography category

Warlords of the Accordlands: Monsters & Lairs, AEG
Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay: Game Master's Toolkit, Black Industries
HM: Campaign Cartographer 3, ProFantasy Software

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Production Values

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Production Values category

Qin, 7ème Cercle
Ptolus: Malhavoc Press/White Wolf Publishing
Tales of the Caliphate Nights, Paradigm Concepts
HM: Knightly Orders of Ansalon, Margaret Weis Productions

Last edited:

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Writing

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Writing category

Qin, 7ème Cercle
HM: Scion: Hero, White Wolf Publishing

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Rules

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Rules category

Qin, 7ème Cercle
Spirit of the Century, Evil Hat Games
Esoterrorists, Pelgrane Press
HM: Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay: Companion

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Supplement

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Supplement category

Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay: Companion, Black Industries
Street Magic, FanPro
Etherscope: Upload: Etherpunk, Goodman Games
HM: Tome of Corruption, Black Industries

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Setting

Without further ado, congratulations to the following nominees for the Best Setting category

HM: Thrilling Places, Hero Games

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases