TCotM: Ashna's Idylls

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashna sighs. "...but he is still a merchant at heart. Yet, he seems to have information that is important to me, but it seems he doesn't trust us enough to simply relay it. Given the current variables, it would be best if you transport me to Orussus in the morning, though I am loathe to keep the other necessary research waiting."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Very well. It will be the bag and the bottle then? If that is your wish, I will return in the morning."

(OOC: Just to speed things up, you can continue that thread above, but later after Fuosala leaves, Anzunda reappears)

"My liege, do you not wish to bathe in the energy of the Cosmic Flame this day?" Anzunda asks.

*According to the notes, the Cosmic Flame is a strong source of power and energy created and harnessed in a prior experiment. It may not have been enough to fulfill Ashna's task, but its seemingly limitless power has proved useful.*

Knight Otu

First Post
(Does Ashna recall a bottle in or by the bag?
Is the "bath in the Cosmic Flame" in a public place or a shared activity if that can be found in the notes? Useful or vital? Important (symbolic or otherwise) for the servants?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: There may have been a bottle nearby. If she checks after Fuosala leaves for the moment, she does indeed find a long slender bottle with a stopper in it.

Bathing in the Cosmic Flame seems to be done in private, though it doesn't say, but Ashna assumes she would mention if it was public. Bathing directly in the energy source is fatal to any mortal or normal servants--even the beings of elemental fire overload. Only Ashna and Anzunda are in an altered state such that they can make use of the energy rather than be consumed by it, though apparently it helps Ashna a whole lot more than Anzunda, so the mephit's ability to use it is really more symbolic of loyalty. The specifics haven't been detailed, but it is clearly a power boost, useful but not vital, and symbolic of the superiority of the power Ashna possesses and can offer to those who are loyal to her)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm, to save time, while you decide on that, we'll push forward. Ashna discovers that the bottle is a Bottle of Air, so she can leave it open in the Bag of Holding to breathe indefinitely. It seems like you were leaning towards having her go, so I'll assume you did.

Link in a moment--)

Knight Otu

First Post
(Ironically, about the only questions I had left were how long such a "bath" would take, and wondering how safe it is to assume that it would be safe for the real Ashna - if it is only physically dangerous, it should be ok, since Ashna has Neo-Ashna's body, but if there is a mental/arcane component, it may be dangerous.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Length of exposure is directly correlated to length of time needed before another exposure. It seems like the physical makeup of the lesser servants couldn't handle it. After the way Ashna was altered, she would be safe. So I'll assume that was a Yes? I'm on fast-forward mode because there's one last part after this part before you guys can be available for the Mega Adventure, and I'll start it when that happens (I want to use Tenebrynn's DoMT-mandatory wild parties as a backdrop) )

*The Cosmic Flame proves to be located in a room carved out of obsidian with what seems to be a bottomless pit, filled with a roaring and colossal blue and white flame charged with incredible energy. When Ashna immerses herself within the flame, she feels some of the infinite power of the cosmos surge through her.*

(OOC: Mechanical effects--until it wears off, +1 to caster level for all Fire spells. Also, she can channel the power and combine it with her prepared spells to create a small AoE flame burst an infinite number of times. Damage is 1d6 per spell level of her highest level prepared fire spell)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Bah, you and your analogies to these...things...that do not exist nor are allowable in LEW. Ashna has cosmic power that allows her to produce infinite flame. It isn't some cheesy feat that any Wizard can learn at level 3--in this world, only Ashna can have it ;))

Remove ads