TCotM: Ashna's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nothing really interesting except the spellbook, no)

*There are spells of transportation in the book, but none that Ashna can currently cast, given the way her exploration of her humanity has cost her precious magical insight. This does include Plane Shift. Pretty much the only ones she can currently cast are the same spells from her old book, although there are a few other weak utility spells in there that probably aren't useful right now.*

Knight Otu

First Post
This is bad. I'm in a structure of which I don't know the layout that might possibly situated in a volcano, somewhere on Enworld or even a completely different plane, in a body of an Ashnar that is more powerful than me, though one that hasn't achieved the Duty yet, surrounded by elemental servants - how did the other Ashnar get that clever idea to seemingly only use servants that are more or less immune to our energy of choice? - that know more than I about what's going on here. If the other Ashnar hasn't screwed things up as much as she seems to have, she has to have some documents somewhere. I'd put them somewhere I could reach from my desk...
Ashna looks around whether any item in the room fits the bill.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Possibly of note--Ashna, being made of liquid flame when she wishes, is also immune to the attacks of the fire critters. This could mean that they are in a location where having fire critters is prudent due to a necessity for fire resistance, and either way, immune-to-fire Ashna with all her spells versus immune-to-fire fire critters with only a fire attack is still a strong advantage for Ashna--much smarter than grabbing ice elementals or something that would be weak against Ashna's spells but would hurt tremendously if they attacked her with initiative)

Knight Otu

First Post
(Well, True-Ashna probably has a good idea where she'd put things. Perhaps-Future-Ashna has already proven to be different in some regards, though. :heh: How much time has passed since she dismissed the mephit?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Different in what regards? Oh, did you see the second post immediately after the first?

Not very much time has passed. If she wants to do a thorough search near the desk for a place she might expect such things to be hidden, she easily can)

Knight Otu

First Post
(True, that is the main reason Ashna suspects that she might be on another plane or in a volcano. Still, it doesn't strike her the right way. She prefers mortals. ;))

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Different in what regards? Oh, did you see the second post immediately after the first?

Not very much time has passed. If she wants to do a thorough search near the desk for a place she might expect such things to be hidden, she easily can)
(That post wasn't there when I started. Taking 20 is 2 minutes per 5 x 5 foot area, if I recall, so she does search.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ashna searches very carefully near the desk where she thinks she would have hidden something, and she is rewarded by locating a secret compartment containing what appears to be a set of notes.*

(OOC: Knowing what the 'Duty' is would be helpful, by the way--it wasn't in the .txt file, so I've been making stuff up based on random things I read)

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Ashna searches very carefully near the desk where she thinks she would have hidden something, and she is rewarded by locating a secret compartment containing what appears to be a set of notes.*

(OOC: Knowing what the 'Duty' is would be helpful, by the way--it wasn't in the .txt file, so I've been making stuff up based on random things I read)
Ashna goes on to read the notes, of course.

(And I always thought that it was painfully obvious - Ascension to be a (demi)god, filling the void of the godless temple back in Otun and the faces of the faceless statues, and proving that the Mortists are not a family of godfoes.
I guess I should note that Duty is an important distinction here. She does not believe she is destined[ /I]for divinity, she believes it is her Duty to achieve it, and she is well aware that one can fail in a duty. In her mind, Destiny is an excuse of the lazy who do not seek their own Duty. If she fails in a permanent way, it will be someone else's duty to achieve what she didn't, who could fail again.)

Remove ads