Dungeon and Dragon submission guidelines are up

Shemeska

Adventurer
And in my haste to submit stuff, I fired off a query with a lovely typo in the first word. Joy. So professional looking. "I'm like to propose"

*beats head against wall*

Razz

Banned
Banned
Shemeska said:
And in my haste to submit stuff, I fired off a query with a lovely typo in the first word. Joy. So professional looking. "I'm like to propose"

*beats head against wall*

If you've referenced some of the great material you wrote in the magazines, I'm sure they'll overlook a typo. :D

Lackhand

First Post
More importantly, that's not a typo, that's an archaism!

You *are* like to propose, and only more so now that you actually know how.

Be emboldened!

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Typos aren't that big a deal if you are looking to write for them. That's what proofreaders and editors are for.

I once applied for a job as a proofreader and discovered a typo on my resume two days after I mailed it. Needless to say I never heard back from them.

Shem, I think we should start a trend. Whenever an EN Worlder submits something to those magazines, we should start with "I am like to propose."

For example,

Dear Dragon,

I am like to propose. My idea is an article about how to run encounters that are negotiation-based, to go beyond simple Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks, and to involve the entire party in negotiations, not just the 'face.'

. . . details follow.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
WOTC said:
Essentially, the submission process boils down to the following:

Using the templates and format described below, create a proposal for an article or adventure.
E-mail your proposal to submissions@wizards.com.
You will receive an auto-reply from our e-mail system letting you know that your submission was received.
Wait patiently.
If we like your idea, we’ll contact you via email within 60 days and ask for the complete manuscript.
Send in your article or adventure to submissions@wizards.com.
Wait patiently one more time.
We’ll contact you within 60 days regarding the status of your submission (i.e., whether we opt to buy it or reject it).
Hmm, glad to see they have synergy with their new Digital effort. E-mail is, if we think you are worthy, we will e-mail you, if not, they you are rejected. Nice that they don't even send you a rejection letter any more. I really don't like to bash WOTC, seriously, but this whole digital crap has got me worked up. To hell with them.

They can still go to the 666th layer of the abyss and die. I won't give in to their greed and selfishness.

Er, yes, I won't get the magazines on line either.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
DM-Rocco said:
Hmm, glad to see they have synergy with their new Digital effort. E-mail is, if we think you are worthy, we will e-mail you, if not, they you are rejected. Nice that they don't even send you a rejection letter any more. I really don't like to bash WOTC, seriously, but this whole digital crap has got me worked up. To hell with them.

They can still go to the 666th layer of the abyss and die. I won't give in to their greed and selfishness.

Er, yes, I won't get the magazines on line either.

Psst... hate to burst your little hate-bubble, but that's exactly how Paizo did it for their print run of Dungeon and Dragon.

Just sayin'.

Demiurge out.

Remove ads