Forge of War review?

Vocenoctum

First Post
History Section: 3/10: The war is given an overview, with some select battles being called out.
IMO, this section was not really in sync with Eberron's existing flavor for the countries. It didn't effectively convey the key moments of the way in meaningful ways (Warforged, Undead for Karrnath, Silver Flame beliefs), but instead kind of created charicatures of the nations and led them through a conflict. It felt very "battle tech/ innersphere" to me, rather than the more semi-realistic feel that Eberron had in the core book.

Encyclopedia Section: 8/10: Bunchs of little nuggets detailing different factors of the war, such as how different houses profited and such.

Campaign Advice: No Clue: I didn't really read much of it yet, got distracted.

Monsters/Magic Items: 8/10: the only real crunch in the book, well done, look neat. A Magic Item set, which is nice enough though probably too hard to actually use in a game.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
While I disagree with some of the historical portions (mostly the "Church of the Silver Flame==corrupted Catholic church" stuff [I agree with Keith Baker that the Church gets depicted less ambiguously than it should]), overall I like the book a lot. There as been a lot of discussion on the Thrane part (some of it elsewhere on the boards), but I can ignore/modify what I don't like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases