IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

Autumn

First Post
"Not really in my line," Fen drawls with a slight shake of his head, chewing stoically all the while. "Gonna have to be bustin' it down I reckon... unless..." He peers at the window through narrowed eyes.

"Ahhhh hells. Let's give this a try. If I pull back a stump then y'all know it was a bad idea."

Grimacing, he pushes a hand through the filthy cloth covering the window and reaches around to feel for a latch.

Rhun

First Post
Rexy grimaces as she watches Fen reach into the unknown, and grips the hilt of her rapier tighter. Her imagination, fueled by the scout's words, begins to get the better of her, and she can picture him being pulled bodily through the window by whatever horror lurks on the other side.

After a moment she shakes her head to clear the thought, and runs her free hand through her mop of raven black hair. "Hurry it up, Fen," she says, her voice low.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Fen reaches through the hole in the window, fumbling for a doorknob. Instead, his hand closes on something wet and spongy. As the ooze drips through his fingers, he resists the natural impulse (will save 13+0=pass) to jerk his hand back, and instead retracts it slowly.

Still, as he removes his hand from the broken window, the others' eyes open wide as they see the bloody mess covering it.

Rhun

First Post
Rexy gasps, her fears becoming real as Fen withdraws his bloody arm from the window. She moves to help him, but stops as she gets a closer look and realizes the blood isn't his. "Are you alright?"

Autumn

First Post
There's a long pause, Fen blinking white-faced at the gory state of his hand. "Fine," he says eventually. His voice is flat.

He wipes his hand slowly on his coat. "I guess that ain't gonna work," he says after swallowing. "The backup plan, then. Dacen? Looks ta me like yer back's stronger'n mine. How 'bout settin' it to that door?"

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen's trained eye is quick to observe that Fen is not injured. He nod's at the scout's suggestion, sighing, "Right. I'll give it a go. Nothing to lose, I suppose. Brace yourselves. Whatever is in there I doubt it will look or smell pleasant."

Moving in front of the door, he rears back and then slams his weight into the door. He repeats the process methodically, until it breaks or he is certain the force he is delivering isn't enough to batter the obstacle down.

OOC:[sblock]Taking 20 on a strength check, 22 to batter down the door.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
As Fen wiped the goo from his hand, Dacen readies himself for the door. As he takes a deep breath and lunges, the breath is immediately knocked out of him as he bounces off.

Determined, he tries again and again. Finally, after several minutes, and as the others are prepared to give up, Dacen launches himself into the door once more and a loud crack! echos through the streets, after which there is only deathly silence.

Before you, the door still stands on its hinges, but it has been neatly separated down the center--nothing a heavy boot can't finish of.

Dacen swears as the muscles in his shoulder begin to knot up.

[sblock=ooc]No damage, just thought the knotting muscles added descriptive flavor.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Nice work," mutters Rexy to her companion. She approaches the door and brings her boot to bear, smashing down the remains. Her rapier in hand, she steps into the hovel, her eyes darting about for any sign of danger.

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen steps back from the door, grabbing his shoulder with a painful wince. "Going to be feeling that for awhile, I think I'll keep my day job - being a battering ram is the pits," he says to no one in particular. Rolling his shoulder to try and strech out the muscle and keep it from cramping, he readies himself as Rexy delivers the coup de grace to the defeated door.

Remove ads