[OOC] - Sons of Gruumsh.

Rayex

First Post
Deep in the wastes of Thar, an orc adept named Jurrg recieved a dream from her deity, the great one-eyed Gruumsh: A leader would soon emerge from the Underdark and lead her people into glorious battle against the humans, sweeping their cities into the sea.
Her dream told her to wait at the ruins of the once mighty orc bastion of Xûl-Jarak, the Gray Citadel. Jurrg and her brother Rûlgar made their home in the ruins, and after months of waiting, heard something other than moaning Tharan winds. Three massive orogs emerged from deep below the citadel and approached them.

Jurrg prostrated herself before the orogs. To her, these enormous orcs, with their luminescent eyes, elongated ears, and massive bodies, represented the epitome of orckind.
She asked Thrull, the leader of these "Sons of Gruums," to command her. He sent the siblings back into the wilderness to gather other worthy followers.
Five years have passed since that fateful encounter, and many orcs have gathered at Xûl-Jarak. They have begun to rebuild the citadel and, more important, the large dungeon complex the citadel is designed to protect.

Compounding the orc threat, a few months ago Rûlgar found the fabled
Hammer of Gruumsh, great maul of the Tharan orc kings, in the foothills of the Galena Mountains. Jurrg and the orogs view its discovery as a sign of Gruumsh's favor, and continue their efforts to unite the various orc tribes of Thar and expand their army in preparation for a march against the human cities.

The people living in Melvaunt, distracted by the affairs of Zhentil Keep and other evils, pay little heed to the orcs of Thar. Oreal Nanther, the scion of an influential noble family in Melvaunt and a relatively inexperienced adventurer, filled his head with childhood stories about the great battles fought in Thar and the even greater artifacts said to lie there, waiting to be discovered in the tombs of fallen kings.
He shared these dreams with several companions, including other noble youths. For months, the companions have secretly embarked on adventures in Thar. Tragically, none returned from their most recent outing. Few in Melvaunt know what has happened to the scions, and their disappearance threatens a bloody civil war.

------------------​

You will play the good guys, finding out what is happening in Melvaunt and Xûl-Jarak.

I will want 4 players. I guess it would be handy to fill in all the four "archetypes", but that is entirely up to you, of course.

Character creation guidelines.
- Starting level 4.
- 32 point buy.
- Max HP at first level, average + 1 at each level thereafter.
- Max gold for your level.

Sources I will accept materials from:
PHB
DMG
Complete: Adventurer, Warrior, Divine and Arcane.

Last edited:

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Rayex,

I'm interested in playing in this one! I think I'd like to play Dalgar Ironthane, a melee-oriented dwarven ranger who fights with a pair of axes. I would probably play him fairly true to type, i.e., surly attitude, heart of a lion, and a serious hate-on for all things orcish.

I'll wait to hear more from you before starting on a character sheet of anything, but know that you've got at least one interested player. :)

ethandrew

First Post
I am a little confused as to what the adventure is. Are we to be a party of invading orcs, bent on domination? Or are we to stop said party of invading orcs, bent on domination?

Trollbabe

First Post
I am interested! But I am with Ethan... are we apart of the orc horde or the heroes that stand in their way?

Assuming we are the heroes I am thinking that I would like to play an Elven Cleric. Maybe one who has receieved a vision of a massing orc horde.

ethandrew

First Post
I am thinking you will get some interest for this. What level are you looking at running and around how many pcs are you wanting? standard four classes or those and some? So many questions!

Bral Firerock

First Post
Hey,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'd love to join, but my question is, are any of the Forgotten Realms sources available as well?

I'm thinking of some sort of fighter/wizard multiclass, or perhaps a monk (I've always wanted to play a monk).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases