New D&D Minis Starter set

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I've had some clarifications from Linae and Stephen about the contents of the new Starter set, which weren't quite properly described in the catalogue (details changed after it went to press):

From Linae Foster:

D&D Miniatures Starter Set
Release date: April 4, 2008
US MSRP: $14.99
Contents:
5 non-random minis
Stat cards
2 double-sided battle maps
Rulebook
d20 w/ custom pip (not a spindown)

Other good to know stuff: The five minis are exclusive to the starter. They will not be included in the randomized boosters being simultaneously released. The minis and d20 will be fully visible through a clear blister.

There will be 60 minis in DoD2, packaged randomly 8 per booster. There will be 5 minis in the starter, packaged non-randomly.The starter is not part of DoD2 per se, but is being released at the same time.

From Stephen Schubert:
Much of the information reported in the catalog is correct, with some minor changes that occurred after the catalog went to press. There are two double-sided maps in the starter box.The Gelatinous Cube is not in Dungeons of Dread. We'll have more details at GenCon.

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Looks like being a resculpt from what I've seen.

According to Linae, the blister pack with have a new sculpt of the Large Green Dragon, she *thinks* it may have new stats, but was not sure, and the two-player scenario is something like the LGD + the new Drow versus the PC "good guys". (thanks to ckissee for this info).

Cheers!

MerricB said:
Looks like being a resculpt from what I've seen.

According to Linae, the blister pack with have a new sculpt of the Large Green Dragon, she *thinks* it may have new stats, but was not sure, and the two-player scenario is something like the LGD + the new Drow versus the PC "good guys". (thanks to ckissee for this info).

Cheers!

Yeah, I just read on the maxminis forums that it is supposedly a resculpt. Hopefully this Dragon is not looking behind it like so many of the others are. I never knew that Dragons were so paranoid about people sneaking up on them! :lol:

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases