Converting Psionic Creatures

Cleon

Legend
Updated.

Anything left?

Hmm, the first sentence of tactics "Sugos lie buried in the mud until prey approaches, then seek to attach as many sucker-tentacles as possible, through which they drain a victim dry of blood." reads a bit odd.

I'd suggest either "Sugos lie buried in the mud until prey approaches, then seek to attach as many sucker-tentacles as possible, through which they drain their victims dry of blood." or "Sugos lie buried in the mud until prey approaches, then seek to attach as many sucker-tentacles as possible to drain their victims dry of blood."?

Also, shouldn't the Attach's "If a sugo hits with a sucker-tentacle attack, the sucker-tentacles," have a singular "sucker-tentacle" for both instances?

Cleon

Legend
Revised.

Should we offer up a non-psionic variant underbar?

If you like. Just need to change the PLAs to SLAs.

Psi-Like Abilities: At will—chameleon, ego whip (2d4 Cha, DC 17)*, grip of iron (+2 enhancement bonus)*, thought shield (6 rounds, power resistance 18)*; 3/day—concealing amorpha, id insinuation (3 targets, DC 17)*, psionic blast (3 rounds, DC 16)*, strength of my enemy (+2 maximum enhancement bonus)*; 1/day—greater concealing amorpha, intellect fortress (4 rounds)*. Manifester level 7th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

blur, invisibility and greater invisibility instead of chameleon, concealing amorpha and greater concealing amorpha?

vampiric touch instead of strength of my enemy?

Not sure what to substitute for the Psionic attack/defense modes.

Shade

Monster Junkie
We don't have to provide replacements for each power. We can just capture a similar theme.

So, how about...

Soell-Like Abilities: At will—blur, lesser confusion (DC 14); 3/day—confusion (DC 17), invisibility (self only), vampiric touch; 1/day—greater invisibility (self only), spell resistance. Caster level 7th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Mind blast usually takes the place of psionic blast, but is generally only used on illithid-related creatures. Borrow it, or leave it off?

We'll also need to replace Autohypnosis ranks and Rapid Metabolism.

Cleon

Legend
We don't have to provide replacements for each power. We can just capture a similar theme.

So, how about...

Soell-Like Abilities: At will—blur, lesser confusion (DC 14); 3/day—confusion (DC 17), invisibility (self only), vampiric touch; 1/day—greater invisibility (self only), spell resistance. Caster level 7th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Mind blast usually takes the place of psionic blast, but is generally only used on illithid-related creatures. Borrow it, or leave it off?

We'll also need to replace Autohypnosis ranks and Rapid Metabolism.

The spells look good.

How about giving it fear as a SLA to substitute for mind blast?

Endurance would seem the clostest base feat match to Rapid Metabolism.

Figuring out a substitute for Autohypnosis is a bit trickier. I'm tempted to switch those ranks to Knowledge (religion) and imply that's why it switched to Lawfulness...

Shade

Monster Junkie
Fear is a good replacement. :cool: Endurance, too.

I noticed it already has inherent spell resistance, so how about spell immunity or globe of invulnerability rather than spell resistance 1/day?

Hmm...I'm not sure I like the idea of the finding religion. How about Survival?

Cleon

Legend
Fear is a good replacement. :cool: Endurance, too.

I noticed it already has inherent spell resistance, so how about spell immunity or globe of invulnerability rather than spell resistance 1/day?

Hmm...I'm not sure I like the idea of the finding religion. How about Survival?

It doesn't have a very high CL, so the 6th level standard globe of invulnerability feels a bit too powerful.

I'd go for Survival and lesser globe of invulnerability.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases