Converting Psionic Creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
Make an appropriate Craft check representing one week’s work. If the check succeeds, multiply your check result by the DC. If the result × the DC equals the price of the item in sp, then you have completed the item. (If the result × the DC equals double or triple the price of the item in silver pieces, then you’ve completed the task in one-half or one-third of the time. Other multiples of the DC reduce the time in the same manner.) If the result × the DC doesn’t equal the price, then it represents the progress you’ve made this week. Record the result and make a new Craft check for the next week. Each week, you make more progress until your total reaches the price of the item in silver pieces. If you fail a check by 4 or less, you make no progress this week.

If you fail by 5 or more, you ruin half the raw materials and have to pay half the original raw material cost again.

We could either reduce the DC by 1 or 2, or expand the success multiplier by 1 (thus, doubling the price results in one-third time, and tripling results in one-fourth time).

Shade

Monster Junkie
That is probably a simpler, better mechanic.

1 minute for a weapon or similar-sized item, 5 minutes for armor, bigger stuff follows normal Craft rules?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Should we treat the secreted crystal as mundane crystal (as detailed in the XPH)? That would give it 25 hit points per inch of thickness and a hardness of 8.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yeah, let's just make it normal crystal per the SRD. Maybe 5 lb of crystal a day, so they can make a kyorkcha?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

I added a note that mulitple j'hol can combine their crystal to craft larger objects, as I presume it is used in building their cities.

Skills: 12 ranks
Keep the usual Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, and Spot of kreen, and maybe add in Craft?

A j'hol is 6 feet long and weighs about x pounds. J’hol can live to be 50 years old.

Challenge Rating: 2? (same as kreen; 1 more HD but loss of poison seems to even out)

Alignment: Usually nongood?

Level Adjustment: +2

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
All good suggestions. Though I wonder if we're getting too many skills for the number of ranks. Maybe swap out Balance for Craft?

Shade

Monster Junkie
The only issue with dropping the ranks is that it ceases to be a racial class skill, and I see nothing in the original writeup to indicate these fellows would be any less inclined to use the typical kreen skills.

How about Balance 1, Climb 1, Craft 3, Hide 2, Jump 1, Listen 2, Spot 2?

Remove ads