Converting Psionic Creatures

Shade

Monster Junkie
That works. So Str 10, Dex 10, Con -, Int 31, Wis 30, Cha 11?

Boost HD? 12 HD is pathetic for a creature of this size. A Huge stone golem has at the very minimum 22 HD, and these guys are Colossal.

The Gargantuan Blackstone Gigant starts at 32 HD, and has 55 HD at Colossal.

A stone colossus has 64 HD.

Cleon

Legend
That works. So Str 10, Dex 10, Con -, Int 31, Wis 30, Cha 11?

Boost HD? 12 HD is pathetic for a creature of this size. A Huge stone golem has at the very minimum 22 HD, and these guys are Colossal.

The Gargantuan Blackstone Gigant starts at 32 HD, and has 55 HD at Colossal.

A stone colossus has 64 HD.

I'm not convinced they need to be Colossal. They may be "infinitely tall" but I'd consider that a special effect rather than a scaling measure.

Considering their base size could be a more useful approach.

Unfortunately there are no base dimensions listed in the text. The Flard's illustration in Dragon 47 show a base I'd guesstimate to be about 10-feet by 3-feet, which could easily be Large in 3E terms.

Of course, the illustration might have nothing to do with how big the author envisioned these creatures.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I feel the "inifinitely tall" power will work best with Colossal, since we won't have to worry about size category effects.

Freyar, care to cast your vote?

Cleon

Legend
Go Colossal! We don't get to use that enough! ;)

Make it Colossal if you like. The original was 1E, which only has one size category above medium.

50+ HD still seems excessive though, I was thinking more just doubling the original's to 24 HD.

Remove ads