TCotM: Rinaldo's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Rinaldo approaches the Crux, the world seems to disappear in a flash of light and a strange rippling feeling. As the feeling subsides, he finds himself...somewhere else. He is sitting at a desk by a window. Looking out, he can see Orussus around him. Apparently he is back in his home town, safe and sound.*

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo stands up and walks to the windows. He takes a moment to look at the city and try to identify in which building he has appeared.

Where am I? When am I? thinks Rinaldo. And how can I can go back to the tower, and at the time I dissapear. Hogarth is still there, as Rayne and Laynie.

Rinaldo starts to looks for his dagger, knowing he will need it if he ever reappear near it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rinaldo finds his dagger, still on his person. Looking around carefully at the nearby buildings, he believes himself to be in the district of the city that has many government buildings and wealthy manses, though he can't place the exact building yet. Perhaps if he walked outside it would help.*

Velmont

First Post
Why did I appeared here? wonders Rinaldo for a moment. He start to feels the strees going down, he starst to feel tired and hungry. All this was irrevlent in the tower, too much was at stack, but the sight of Orussus, the calm of this room was relaxing.

Rinaldo starts to walk toward the door but stop and turn his eyes toward the desk. He starts to take a look at what lies on it, what is in the drawer to learn teh nature of this room, of this desk, or his presence in it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The desk is covered in a large number of papers written on a wide variety of parchment, papers of differing qualities, and even one on papyrus. The drawer contains spare pens, supplies, and odds and ends that Rinaldo thinks would be useful for various sundry tasks. The room itself appears to be an office of sorts, though it is furnished in fine mahogany and decorated with tasteful paintings that appeal to Rinaldo's sense of style. Actually, perhaps more a study than an office.*

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo takes some parchement with some written text and starts to read them to figure about what they are talking about.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The parchment indicates several options for payment, training, and maintenance of the Orussus guard, generally varying in the number and training experience of guards as well as the quality of their equipment, and some include magic support. The second most expensive option has a circle with a note next to it from the captain of the guard suggesting that option.*

Velmont

First Post
The security of Orussus? What does that mean? Ok, if I've been thrown in the futur, my futur, and I've been succesful, I should have been looking at the status of a merchant house, not a city. What does that mean? thinks Rinaldo, putting down slowly the paper on the desk. He then walks to the door and open it, thinking a good walk will allow him to more accurately see what happen in his 'abscence'.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rinaldo heads out of the study and into a hallway, which eventually leads towards a staircase leading down. As he heads out, he is intercepted by a pretty bespectacled blonde girl with a sheaf of parchments.*

"Oh, Mr. DiSenzio, sir! The returns from the Ignussus convoy have just come in. The spice and salt trade has proven extremely lucrative, and apart from minor troubles with the Curved Blades of Arcton, everything seems to be going excellently. Would you like to see the detailed report now, sir?"

Velmont

First Post
"If things have been fine, it can wait, I have some important matter to look after. Put it on my desk, I should be back somewhere in the afternoon. Before I leave, can you fetch me my agenda, I need to take a look at something now I'm thinking of it. Give me the report, I'll take a quick look while you go fetch it." tells Rinaldo.

After she will have handed the report, he will do a quick overlook of the report, more interested in dates and people named in the report.

Last edited:

Remove ads