TCotM: Rinaldo's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I thought I could orchestrate something amusing, but it seems not. Let's continue--)

*The waiter appears and takes their orders.*

"What do you mean I'm not lucky? I consider it very lucky that you wound up accepting the office because that meant you had to stay out of those awful adventures for a while. And Salvador got into the Academy even though you were declared persona non grata for attacking their students, which is pretty good, I think--it means they didn't just let him in because of you, so he must have had talent of his own."

Velmont

First Post
"You mean you are lucky to have a man like me." he telsl feinting to be surprise. "I was just kidding... but many men would have brought you less worries." After a pause, Rinaldo adds "So, how are your friends?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"They're mostly doing well. Allistra says that even as he continues to grow older, her elder brother is always working to create new marketing schemes."

"Elune just went back to visit the islands. After visiting her family in Gariele, she also stopped by Senzio. She says that Matteo has made a name for himself as a sailor and a bit of an adventurer too. Apparently he fights using magic or something, perfect for holding off boarding parties if the ship runs into pirates."

"And did you know Tabatha still hasn't found the right man, even though she honestly barely looks any older than the day I met her, still an exceptional beauty. I think maybe she might be a half elf or something, but she's never mentioned it if she is. Oh, but I was saying, that last boyfriend of hers was drunk and cheating on her too. It's always the same thing over and over--different faces and names, but the same man. I think she needs someone else to set her up with someone nice."

*She continues gossiping until the food arrives.*

Velmont

First Post
Valeria said:
"They're mostly doing well. Allistra says that even as he continues to grow older, her elder brother is always working to create new marketing schemes."

"Age change a man, but slowly. Just see how much time it needed me to stop travelling and adventuring."

Valeria said:
"Elune just went back to visit the islands. After visiting her family in Gariele, she also stopped by Senzio. She says that Matteo has made a name for himself as a sailor and a bit of an adventurer too. Apparently he fights using magic or something, perfect for holding off boarding parties if the ship runs into pirates."

"Why that don't surprise me. We really get the same blood. Francesco have taken a wizard as a wife, I trade magical items and he become himself one..."

Not talking about Salvador. thinks Rinaldo not wanting to tell that aloud not to see Valeria worries about that any longuer.

Valeria said:
"And did you know Tabatha still hasn't found the right man, even though she honestly barely looks any older than the day I met her, still an exceptional beauty. I think maybe she might be a half elf or something, but she's never mentioned it if she is. Oh, but I was saying, that last boyfriend of hers was drunk and cheating on her too. It's always the same thing over and over--different faces and names, but the same man. I think she needs someone else to set her up with someone nice."

"Half-elven? Maybe. I'll see if I cannot present her a good man. But she will need someone very persuasive, seductive and who can take care of her I think. I just hope she doesn't see herself too badly. Sometimes, when you are stuck in such loop, your ego take a serious hit."

"Someone maybe like Nurlan, but I don,t knwo if Nurlan have ever recover from the lost of Irene. I think he had been seduce by her in Monemvassia. But he changed following his ressurection after his battle against Causticus... I wonder what he do now."

Rinaldo continue to give a comment here and there until the meal arrive.

"Thank you." He grabs his glass of champagne. "Good appetite!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]For your random question (sorry miss it): Sure, the shop was also teh house of Rinaldo 10 years earlier, so there is an open fire to heat the place and do the cooking. As it was for cooking and heating, it must be use frenquently. But that was 10 years ago. I don't know if it is use anymore... I don't know what Jemeny do with the habitation area now.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
"Age change a man, but slowly. Just see how much time it needed me to stop travelling and adventuring."

"That's true. Though I don't know if it was age that changed you...it may have just been the events in the world and all the responsibility, and the feeling of the adventures coming back to bite you at home. You always told me you worried about some of your more powerful enemies, since powerful wizards who know the name of Rinaldo diSenzio, even if they are too weak to slay you up front, could find me or the children and kill us instead."

"Why that don't surprise me. We really get the same blood. Francesco have taken a wizard as a wife, I trade magical items and he become himself one..."

"Yes, I suppose so. Of course, Salvador seems well on his way to becoming a Wizard as well. We can't forget that either. I just hope he doesn't become an adventurer. He can be a nice stay-at-home Wizard like Jemeny."

"Half-elven? Maybe. I'll see if I cannot present her a good man. But she will need someone very persuasive, seductive and who can take care of her I think. I just hope she doesn't see herself too badly. Sometimes, when you are stuck in such loop, your ego take a serious hit."

"Yes, the poor thing is quite a bit emotionally vulnerable after all that, and that's half the problem--she's dug herself into a spiral of low self esteem and crushed spirit that leads to a cycle of abusive relationships. I wish I would have figured this out sooner so I could have set her up with someone years ago. Seductive? Good heavens, no! Seductive men are not at all what she needs right now!"
"Thank you." He grabs his glass of champagne. "Good appetite!"

"Cheers!" Valeria clinks the glass together with his.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo raise his glass and take a sip. He put down his glass and take his fork and knife. "Why not. A seductive man doesn't mean it is the kind of man who run after every women. She need a good-looking, charming and fine man." replies Rinaldo as he cut his fish. "Such man who would honestly fall in love with her could raise her self-esteem. Maybe she is now thinking she can't seduce nice and seductive man so she always turn toward people that are less what she want. But what people doesn't think, it is all taste are in nature. Beauty is not objective, but subjective. I'm quite sure there is somewhere, a perfect man, bright, nice and beautifull that just await someone like her to fall in love, but she is too afraid because she doesn't believe in her."

Rinaldo take a bit of his fish. "Always as good."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You may not want seductive--you probably want one of the near-synonyms like charming. Seductive means: to seduce, which is 1 : to persuade to disobedience or disloyalty 2 : to lead astray usually by persuasion or false promises 3 : to carry out the physical seduction of : entice to sexual intercourse)

"I don't think she's lowering her standards. I think it's just those rotten sorts of men who can prey on her insecurities and make her feel safe and needed, until they make her life a living nightmare."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Charming, right :eek: I need to choose better my words.[/SBLOCK]

"I'll looks to see if there isn't someone that I could present to her. If we put in his surrounding charming and nice man, she might end with one of them. You need to create your luck, or the one of the others."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases