TCotM: Rinaldo's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The report shows substantial profits for the DiSenzio & Thorne merchant house. Rinaldo recognises the second name as belonging to Alvar Thorne, one of Orussus's most successful merchants who used a few canny techniques that Rinaldo had studied even back when Rinaldo was just starting out, what seems so long ago. It seems significant that DiSenzio is the first name, though. Apparently the delegation to Ignussus has met with substantial success with a date listed ten years after Rinaldo and his friends set off to assault the tower. The form is notarised at the bottom by someone named Eileen Myrelle.*

Velmont

First Post
Ten years... I've been thrown ten year in the futur. I'm at the head of a pretty successful merchant house, I must even have bought one of my rival to expend my horizon, I've come back to my first trade too... most probably I've kept my magical item business... maybe not, if it didn't paid enough. No, in a year, I was over 50% of profit on my investment. That's too lucrative to forget about it... well, maybe something else have happen.

But more important, what did happen to the Crux? Asking Valeria would only worry her about my story, all those events are ten years behind her, and I would probably not told her half of wht happen in it because of that strange feeling I had... I'll have to asks Rayne about it after all that to make sureI just didn't cursed Valeria by accident.

Rinaldo roll the parchemin and wait for the girl, maybe a secretary working for him, to come back here with his agenda. He hope to find in it some clue about why he had all those security plan for teh city. Was he an advisor to the council... or maybe member to the council. That coudl explain why he had an office here.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The girl returns with a sheet of parchment with a list in ink, some of which has checkmarks indicating completion.*

"Here's your agenda, Mr. DiSenzio, sir. How was the report? Good news, right?"

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, good new from the delegation to Ignussus. I'll need to analyze a bit more the result of it, so put it on my desk and I'll take a deeper look later."

Rinaldo read the last five things checked and the ones to be done.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Of course, sir. Let me take it for you," she reaches over to take the report and hands him the agenda, "Is something wrong, sir? You seem a bit distracted of late."

*The last five things checked were 'Meet with representatives from Monemvassia branch', 'Negotiate commissions on Argythian Temple findings', 'Fill out returns for magical merchandise', 'Survey possible locations for newest expansion', and 'Review latest council proposals'.*

*The next thing listed is 'Double-check reservations at Lazarro's and purchase bouquet'.*

Velmont

First Post
It seems I'm part of the council. not a bad thing to favor things for my trading house. Lazarro? A bouquet?

"Distracted?" asks Rinaldo without leaving his agenda from his eyes. "Oh, maybe... there is so many things happening, so much work to do. I might just need a day to relax." Rinaldo continue to read the next things to do, wondering why he need to buy a bouquet.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*That is the last thing on today's agenda. Apparently he's finished early with work today.*

"You're right, sir. I tried to tell you to lighten your schedule even more for today--I definitely could have filled out the returns on the magical merchandise for you, you know. But I know you have a soft spot for the magic item sales still. Well then, I know where you're off to next, so I checked your reservation for you, and it's fine. I figured you would probably want to buy the flowers yourself, right? Anyway, I'll take care of things here. Have a lovely anniversary, okay Mr. DiSenzio?"

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo looks at the date noted in his agenda, the date of today, and find what anniversary she is speaking about.

"Thank you. If you didn't exists, I should asks Gundar to create you." tells Rinaldo. He closes his agenda and hands it to the woman.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The agenda's date seems familiar to Rinaldo. With the mention of 'anniversary' by the young woman, he remembers that it is his and Valeria's wedding anniversary.*

*Meanwhile the young woman--his secretary?--blushes.*

"Thank you for the praise, Mr. DiSenzio. You work yourself so hard and always take things into your own hands when with your success you could probably just let others do the work for you. You might not realise it, but your example is what inspires us to work hard too. Even so, you should take breaks more often. I've heard that too much stress can be bad for your health."

Velmont

First Post
"If you think that gives me stress? If you would have travel with me during my adventuring years, you would see that doing some negotiation is all but stressful. I like what I do and it is why I gives so much efforts. And I'm also convince what I do is good. But time is taking his toll and I won't grow younger twice and my limits was not the same. But what you say is wise. I know what gift Valeria will like. Tomorrow, I'll pass the day with her and won't come to work. If you can see at things I have to do tomorrow, or push it to the day after if you cannot do it yourself or delegate it. And because you'll have more work to do tomorrow, I'll make sure you will receive an extra for that extra charge of work."

Remove ads