TCotM: Rinaldo's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It is a restaurant--he knows where to find it, at least if it's in the same place as it used to be)

"I'm relieved that you're finally taking a break. Shall we go then?"

(OOC: Hmm...I guess it's awkward for me to play Valeria since you usually play her. I hope I'm doing okay. I'd have you do it, but you don't know all the details.)

Velmont

First Post
"Sure." Rinaldo

I wonders what Carlos and Isabella are doing now. What they have become. And do we have any other kids? Ignoring so much about himself put him unconfortable for a moment, but he never lost his smile and the presence of Valeria help him to relax.

He exits the building and starts to walk with Valeria at his side. He head toward where he last remember Lazaro was established, but leavess Valeria lead him.

[SBLOCK=OOC] Tips to play Valeria: She is a good hearted woman but even if she got used to it, she hates when Rinaldo hides things to her. I had once, between two adevnture, when she discovered he was adventuring instead of doing trade run, she had started to throw items at Rinaldo, who end more beated than any goblin had done before and Rinaldo used his hat fo disguise to hide his wounds while they healed. Rinaldo just want to make sure she doesn,t worry for nothing, as there is nothing to worry when Rinaldo fight the greatest wizard of all time and put his soul in play :p

And because she lives with Rinaldo, you can gives her a great Sense Motive modifier ;) If you stats her, she would be an expert of some level X oriented to become Trader PrC.

Up to now, it fits well.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"Let me guess, that I return to another adventure so you wouldn't see me for another 8 months?" tells Rinaldo with a smile, obviously taunting Valeria.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"No, you know it's just the opposite. You're incorrigable," Valeria laughs, "I want you to keep staying here, even after your term ends. I know you only accepted the job at first because of the emergency, but you know you could run for reelection. I don't even know what you do out there, Rinaldo, but I know it isn't safe or you would tell me!"

Velmont

First Post
"I see I can't hide you anything. But what is troubling me is just unfinished business. I've asked for help, so it might not even be me who would do the risky part. I must tell, I am the less qualified of all and that's why I have summoned old friends to my help. I have fallen on new informations and I want to transmit to them and see with them if it could be of any use.

But all that doesn't concerns us at the present, as this night is yours, only yours."
replies Rinaldo who stops a moment. He takes some times to looks at the beautifull women he has in front of him, who even with the payment of age, she looks beautiful to him. He gently pass his hand in her hairs before kissing her again.

"I love you, Valeria. You are the most precious things I've got in my life."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"What? You're going on another adventure again? I knew it! Is this that thing about the tower again? You still haven't told me what happened there. I'm putting my foot down--" she stomps her foot for emphasis, "If I'm so precious to you, why do you keep so much from me? Why don't you explain it to me?"

Velmont

First Post
"No, I'm not. I'm staying here. I've summoned my old companions here. I have too much work here to leave like that anyway. But more of that, I have you. After Causticus, Sin and all teh other enemy I've met and that almost killed me, I would barely support teh idea of not seeing you again.

But some things have been left unfinish. I've gathered some information and will gives it to more competent hand and make sure if there is some use of these information, they will be put into good use.

And why I don't gives you the detail... it is because it is related to that curse tower. I... I have the feeling I've put a curse on you without knowing it. I've told Hogarth to not speak of that to you, as if you would learn half of thats tory, you would get an heart attack... and I have the feeling those word meant more than I intend... I know, it sound more like madness, but I've seen too much madness in my adventures."

As Rinaldo explains what he can to Valeria, he seems disturb and sads. He would want to tell it all, to stop to hide things to her, but he didn't knew if he had lift that curse in teh last ten years, he couldn't take that risk.

"But that is in the past. It was ten years ago. It is behind us. There might still be one small thing left to do, but it doesn't need to be me to do it, but I just want to make sure it is done. I'll see to it tomorrow morning.

All I wish tonight, it is to forget all that, to leave that in the past, forever if that was possible. I want to spend the night with you, and only you, as if this city, the whole creation was gone and we were in our own small world, out of any trouble... but as I don't know any wizard able to do that, I think the intimity of Lazaro's will be a great start, don't you think."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is madness, and it is a lame excuse, but for some reason, I believe you. Maybe I'm just gullible," Valeria shakes her head, "Let's go to Lazaro's then, and forget about all that."

*She continues to walk towards the restaurant.*

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo stands a short moment, feeling the night have lost part of his charm already, but quickly return to the side of Valeria. For a moment, he stay silent, but inside of him, he tells to himself the first thing he will try to do once back to Orussus, if he ever go back in time, it is to try to remove that curse.

Remove ads