TCotM: Rinaldo's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think the word you want is probably 'grandchildren' )

"Well, there is that. But grandchildren aren't going to be for some time yet. And anyway, the children are a joy. You know it's not them that makes me worry the most, though Salvador being away like this is a bit scary."

Velmont

First Post
"What you fear, it is Salvador will do the same as I have done, as Opale have done too. He had too many example in his life not to consider it. But if he choose to do so, the improtant thing it is he does it for the good reason." tells Rinaldo. After a short silence, he adds "But I know, there is no good reason."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is true...there's no good reason to leave a family and take such risks, though at least he will not be leaving a wife and children behind. Still, I know how your mother must have felt when you set off for Orussus."

Velmont

First Post
"At that time, I set off for the good reason, to become a trader, nothing more. And even if she didn't liked that, she must have known that could happen. Cultivating lands was not for me and I didn't wanted to become a fisherman, that's was good for Matteo. But with the trading house taking all the spice market, I had difficulty to find client. If it wasn't for Joe, I think I would not even be able to lived on spice for so long... but if I hadn't been to the the Red Dragon Inn, I might have never become an adventurer either. Every coins have two faces." Rinaldo takes a sip of champagne. "You are true to tells that I should not have left you and the kids behind. But it is partly because of you I left on some adventure. I wanted to make my part to make this world safer. Imagine if Monemvassia would have been rules by a Black Dragon, what threat it would have been. Today, I have enough influence and power to make this world better while staying here, at your side.

And I would not have survived them without you. How many times I should have lose hope, I should have resign because the problem in front of me was too big for me... how many times you and the kids came back to my mind. When darkness was surrounding me, you were my light. I would not have survived my darkest moment without you, and it is in such moment I've seen how lucky I was, how lucky I am."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You know, you're almost too persuasive. It's hard to stay mad at you, even when I know in the back of my head that I'm right. It must be the same skills at diplomacy that let you negotiate with evil warlords, liches, and devils."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo smiles "You've discovered my secret weapon. What is great when you have a silver tongue, it is you can solved some problems without a fight, that's the greatest victories. It's true that the evil warlords, the liches and devils are still alive after a negotiation, but at least, the worst doesn't happen. But the more evil they are, the more chance a person will raise his weapon against him and will bring him down. But my weapon is just nice in his sheat and do better good there than once drawn." Rinaldo tells, putting his hand on his Monemvassian dagger, symbol of his knigthood. "But you know I've use my charms for only the good reasons. Even if I could seduce many women, I've never done so because I know I have the perfect woman for me, the most beautiful woman, the most understanding wife, the greatest mother. But you know all that, you know me more than any one and you are the only person who can read such easily in me."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"And I'm lucky too. You're special and unique--you may leave us on those adventures sometimes, but I think you may be the world's only honest politician!"

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo cannot stop himself and starts to laugh. "That's because it is the hardest thing in this world. It is easier to kill a lich than to be an honest poltician, as people doesn't want to hear the truth. Because generally a truth is not as golden as a lie can be, but you have to sell your idea, with his good and bad side, just as when you try to sell a used item. Anyway, I think I've lied enough during all these adventuring years, telling the truth make a nice change."

But I'm still hiding things to you... will that end someday? Sorry my dear, but I'll correct that once I'm sure that curse doesn't exist or is broken... but first, I'll need to go back in time... or should I? Things seems so great now... that tower have taken me ten years of my life but have given me ten more to live with all that time flux... but having no memories of ten years of my children's life.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, I'm glad the time of lies and pain is over, at least for the most part. Now it's so much more peaceful. It is a happy time for us, and the merchant house is doing so well. I guess we are both very lucky."

Velmont

First Post
"I can't swear for you, but I am very lucky." tells Rinaldo.

A bit too much... and what if the Crux would have send me here to show me what I want to see... the futur is not drawn, it is made by the people, but until that time, there could be more than one possible futur, and teh Crux could have send me to the best futur I could dream of... would the others be in another futur?

Rinaldo makes a sign to the waiter to come take their command.

Remove ads