To Some One Special.

Aussir

First Post
A man dressed in all black walks up to the thorn tree one day, a parchment held tight in one hand. He was thin, very thin looking with a haunted epression on the bone thing face. His solid ((no whites or pupils)) purple hazed blue eyes dart around as if expecting something to jump out at him at any time. His long white hair is dirty and tangled, his two sword sheathes empty. All his clothing looks in ill repair, dirty and torn, worn as if never changed. He clings to the parchment as if this is his final hope, the last thing to his exsistance. He looks at the thorn tree, before forcing himself to stop hunching and stand to his full 6;4" to post the parchment at a certain eye level....

"Walk a little slower daddy," said a child so
small. "I'm following in your footsteps and
I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."

His hand lingers on this parchment for the longest time, his eyes filling with tears of hope. He turns to walk away when another man appears. This man was a full foot shorter then the first, his eyes a startling blue, his short white hair spiked in all directions. He glares at the first man, the first imediately hunching and looking to the ground. The new man snarls angerily causing the first to flinch a bit for some reason before a trickle of blood can be seen from his elven looking ears. The second man makes a geasture, which causes the first to flinch worse and whimper softly in pain before vanishing quickly. The second follows him....the only proof of their exsistance being the parchment that flutters in the gentle breeze.........

(poem name Footprints author unknown.)

Last edited:

Remove ads