TMP Description clear-up.

Magatsu

First Post
I give up. Its not about a TV or anything else, I think the description is not very good, and if I remember correctly, which I am positive I am, the first ever description for the TMP was not this one. It even stated that the TMP was a cover for special alien crap in the floors above. I guess I could be wrong but I just think it should be alittle more defined, most other descritions are when you enter the room. Its the first thing you see. The link description is more correct to my mind then the actual room entering one, and since I can only use the small widow mode I can not really get to that link easly.

later

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Magatsu said:
Oh well, and the rest of what you say is usually worthless anyhow. So I won't and did not actually read the entire thing.
Personal insults are not permitted on this site. Please avoid them in the future -- and if necessary, be sure to review the Rules posted at the top of forum pages.

Thanks.

Magatsu

First Post
Since only people that want to speak up only to show their brilliant perception skills and nothing about the thread, might as well close it before the real boredom sets in.

Zechariah

First Post
*drums fingers*

I give props to Gab for the cool control, and the very well thought out posts regarding this 'issue'.

Originally Posted by Magatsu.
I guess the point is lost, I think the description lacks an real definition. but if you don't give a crap then I don't and I will continue to play this fantasy game as I see fit within the CoC and all that.

If you can not play in the TMP due to the personal taste of how the room is described or how it should be done then its best for the those that do enjoy the room that you do not participated.

That's all I have to say on -this- particular issue.

Last edited:

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Magi_Gabriel said:
Yes, it's 2032, the topbar always keeps the right date since I can make a dynamic file for that, the room description is strictly a *.txt file, that I forgot to update last night. D'oh!

Ahh. I use the LowRes, so, I don't see the top bar. Thanks for the confirmation! :)

Magatsu

First Post
Did I ever say that I could not play in the room, or that I did not enjoy it? Should stop assuming. There have been countless times over the years I have been in ISRP were people asked or made suggestions or gave their opinion on settings, its rules and the descriptions. This is turning out to be a bashing thread, and nothing more. Thanking and proping the patience of those that stomach it and goading those that started it.

Did it anywhere in any of my posts at all, say, that I did not like playing in the TMP, or that it effected me so much that I did not want to play unless it was changed?

Again, its about a suggestion that the description might be good to change. Thats it, nothing more nothing less. And really if no one can read the first post or second, and not every other baiting post after that, then why post here at all? Other then to get your licks in.

Here's the problem, though: Those that are in power to change said description do not feel that you made your point well enough. And even though there is a tally kept on the amount of people in the TMP, I think that narrating some of the NPC's is a good idea, especially considering what night club only has 12 people at max in there? I believe there's usually a crowd of people in there dancing and such, but would seem so obvious that perhaps it's deemed unworthy of mention?

Also, I would think that tables, chairs and lounge booths are a given, considering that's the norm for your garden variety night club. As for specific drinks, I agree with the improv suggestion. Purchase a bunch of vials, thus creating the drink yourself. There's been many a time I have made my own pineapple juice and rum! (The rum is *not* gone! Haha!)

Honestly though, since the dessy for the TMP is vague enough, I'd go ahead and take whatever poetic license you could milk from it. Sure, there's a crowd of people! Of course there's a booth to stretch out on and watch the crowds dance. Hell, narrate the NPC's getting into a drunken bar brawl and thus getting pitched into the alleyway by the bouncers. This is freeform enough for you to do it. You were using your imagination by playing here in the first place, just engage it a little more.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
To simply some queries and points:

(1) There is a request that the room description be more descriptive, with more details and flavour of a NYC nightclub. The counter is that it's left vague on purpose, so that people can add their own flavour. A concern on this if what if their flavours are in conflict, but that's always a problem. There are more details in the full setting description but admittedly few people go there. Gabe, can we consider a link in the room description to the full description, if it's not already there?

(2) There is a question about whether NPC bartenders and staff are around. The current state seems to be that human bartenders are only available when Magi are playing them. However, there do seem to be NPC bouncers. Players are not allowed to manipulate NPC staff against other players, though it's perfectly okay to use them against your own chars. You can expand Sam's limited menu by your own posts:

Char: "Hey, Sam, give me a [whatever]"
Char: takes the drink and pays up. "Thanks, Sam!"

Please don't use this to have Sam give you a Zombie with real zombie bits, or anything outside the Code of Conduct. You can also ask the Magi for particular items to be added to any menu in any of the rooms, but please do be particular. "Better drinks?" won't get you as far as "rum and coke?"

(3) No one should be razzed for narrating non-staff NPCs in any of the rooms, as long as the NPCs themselves are okay by the setting restrictions. Dancers and drinkers are fine in TMP. But no "oh wow, look at that dragon that just flew in!"

Otherwise, people can feel free to discuss what -they- think TMP is like or should be like, but I think things have gotten too confused to try to address other people's actual or perceived arguments.

Magatsu

First Post
That was the point of what I was saying, thank you for going through it all and editing it to phrase it in ways others might stand, hopefully a few results that are not attacks will come of it.

Thank you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases