What happened?

Moggthegob

First Post
OOC: I will be gone all day tomorrow. I would like everyone to post as often as possible. When Rystil posts and implies that everyone is doing something am I to assume that everyone is doing something?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I typically will not do that unless it seems like it's obvious that everyone is going to do it, like at the beginning when we're listening to the adventure hook ;) I mean, I *guess* you could be evil and have the adventure hook be an ambush, so maybe not!)

Moggthegob

First Post
OOC: ok thanks, I as just confused and didnt want anyone getting offended. Since Solange is gone til tuesday, I will assume for now that Lily is pondering hether or not to take an oath while this happens.

As you descend into the cellar you can see a shocking nice looking hovel. It is adorned with lots of fancy decorations and a few very magical looking items.
[sblock=knowledge arcana DC13] Eberron dragonshard powered magical items like eternal wands [/sblock] There are large crystals that appear to be very carefully cut and very obviously magical setup in the room and iti s light by several everbright lanterns

The woman, now uncloaked is a very attractive half-elven woman with a dragonmark over her eye and the familiar House Lyrandar logo appears several places throughout the room.

Welcome adventurers. My house has asked me to hire out some very important, very confidential work. However, time is of the essence so I did not have the luxury of assembling a team of more seasoned veterans, though you do appear capable. Before I give you the details, you must swear to me that word of this does not leak out as it would be very bad for business. You will all be rewarded handsomely and if successful the House will truly be in your debt. Before I go any further I want each of you to swear to whatever morality you hold highest. If you wont swear by the Host or the flame swear by your lover or your mother. If you cannot swear secrecy then the House cannot afford to trust you. She holds out a text of the Holy Flame and a text of the Sovreign host for those who would use them.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Siobhan raises an eyebrow.*

"I swear to the spirits not to release the information unless it is absolutely necessary to serve the greater good."

Someone

Adventurer
Knowledge (arcana) check 15

"She certainly has the means to pay us. And I'll need the funds if I want access to more prayers. thinks Seat.

"We've done this before; your secrets are safe, but I'll swear if that's your wish" says the dwarf.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I swear I shall not reveal secrets unless they threaten many inocents."

OOC: I'd assume Lily goes along once everyone else does.

Moggthegob

First Post
The lady nods " Excellent. My name is of no importance all you must know is I am a trusted agent of House Lyrandar. Allow me to explain the situation. A few months back we sent an elemental galleon, named the Flash through the Shadow Marches to go to Zarash'ak,city of stilts, to pick up a shipment of large uncut Eberron Dragonshards. We know they arrived safely and have not been contacted by them since. Ordinarily we would give this kind of work directly to House Tharashk but we cannot afford to lose face here. After all, we lost a ship and its shipment. That would be a large blow to our credibility and House Orien would pounce on that kind of oppritunity at a moment's notice, hence why secrecy is a must.

So what we need you to do is go to Zarash'ak and find out if the ship ever left. Then ,and I do hope some of you have good tracking skills, I need you to find the ship ,which would presumably be somewhere on the Zarash'ak river leading out zarash'ak and into the Zarash Bay. If that's the case, we need you to salvage the ships contents. You will be paid handsomely for recovering the shards I offer you 400 per shard with there being a total of 6 Large uncut stones. Anything else you should find is yours to keep. "

She begins to look somewhat disconcerted " My fiancee was on that boat. If anything happened to him or the other crew members...please please bring them home, even if just their bodies. The whole house is very concerned over their fate and they have been gone for about a week. Will you accept the job. Transportation and expenses will be taken care of. She says her eyes clearly holding back tears.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"Oh. In this instance, I don't think there will be any problems with secrecy. No one has any desire to embarrass House Lyrandar. In fact, we should leave in the morning to avoid any inadvertant statements."

"THat is a long journey. Do you have a plan to get us out there?"
asks Raven. "Also, perhaps you could give us a list of names of the crew, and tell us which one is special to you. It would be nice to know what sort of threats you might suspect would be responsible for the loss or the ship. Are you aware of any enemies? What foul encounters have previous trips met with?"

Remove ads