What happened?

Moggthegob

First Post
The lady pulls herself together " Well, the one who is dear to me is Sacha d' Lyrandar. The crew consisted of 6 other members including his first mate Dor d'Lyrandar and 5 unmarked hired hands on for that ride only. I do not know their names as they would have been hired by Sacha personally prior to leaving.
As soon as you are ready my personal elemental galleon is already waiting to send you off. As for enemies, we have few. We consider Orien a rival but I do not suspect they were behind this. In those territories we have had scraps with native tribes but they are usually unorganized and have never done any real damage before that I know of.

As for getting you out of thier, as soon as you are finished return to Zarash'ak and go to the House Sivis station and tell them to dial it in to the Lyrandar headquarters in sharn and present them with this token. You will be in contact with me and we will take you back by elemental galleon within a couple of days from there. Securing the cargo,etc is up to you.

Hoever, I fear that a fou patch of weather mahave done them in or perhaps the captain and crew were murdered by outlaws in Zarash'ak. I have no idea other than that our contact did, indeed deliver the Shards. But then again maybe not. Since there is a decent chance of having to go through the swamps and do some tracking and reconaissance I asked for a group geared that way."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I'm glad she wasn't disconcerted that to a man we all added caveats to our oath :D)

"There are innocents in danger out in the swamps? It is my duty as a disciple of the spirits to attend to their safe return. I shall accept. If you can offer anything in the way of advance funds, it shall help in our preparation for this expedition immensely. We were recently, four of us anyway, ripped off and by unscrupulous and evil agents of House Cannith, so we are unable to purchase high-tier supplies. If not, that is fine too."

(OOC: This could be a great place to slip in extra treasure, particularly with a group of 6 if the end pay is static and not per person, since it's a bigger split. Or not, either way! :))

Moggthegob

First Post
OOC: roll a diplomacy check and im sorry in my notes thats one shard per party member. I had forgotten there six of you so I will go back and edit.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Diplomacy eh? Can I have my other character roll it at +13? No. Okay, then I'll have Siobhan Aid Another Raven--she can't make it on her own. Hopefully Lily can help too, she has an astounding +6 untrained with no synergies. Siobhan's respectable (for her standards anyway) Aid Another check succeeds with 11. Go Raven go! The +2 will make you strong!)

Manzanita

First Post
Raven listens carefully. "Tracking and reconaissance are things we can do well. Though we have all been confined to Sharn for some time now. We would be best served picking up some outdoor gear. We might be out in the wilderness for awhile. Are you able to put a portion of the reward as an upfront payment to help us equip?"

OOC: Diplomacy +7 base. DR 3. OK. That was pathetic.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Wow, Siobhan rolled higher with her +0. Well, at least that's a 12 with the Aid Another. If Lily successfully aids it would be a 14, but with that roll, Lily should just try on her own--considering she needed a 10 to Aid anyway, the chances of getting higher than 14 with +6 are pretty good. We could say Siobhan aided her instead, or have Latharion or Stulgar do it :heh: )

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Isn't Lily a member of the Orien family they didn't want to be embarased by?

"I can track very well. This request is honest and good, and I am glad to help," Stulgar says.

Stulgar will try to aid Lily in diplomacy... Stulgar's Aid Another, Diplomacy (1d20-1=9) ... apparently not very well.

OOC: Stupid 8 Charisma.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Since Solange is away, I rolled for Lily so we can keep going. 23 result. With Siobhan's aid, if she can switch to aiding Lily, that's 25. If Raven aids Lily (or just uses her earlier roll as an aid), it can be 27, or 29 if Latharion helps too. Can't quite make 30, but that hopefully is not the target number :D)

Someone

Adventurer
Manzanita said:
Raven listens carefully. "Tracking and reconaissance are things we can do well. Though we have all been confined to Sharn for some time now. We would be best served picking up some outdoor gear."

"I can say without lying that I know absolutely nothing about the wild, tracking or surviving in it" says Seat "Though I've learned a couple prayers to the spirits of nature and we can be done with rations and carying food, provided we can buy a good number of berries - we can use our money and space in our backpacks for something else."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Right, I forgot about Seat--we can actually beat 30 if literally everyone except Stulgar (who already failed DC 10) succeeds at aiding!)

Remove ads