Conan 2008?

Insight

Adventurer
mattcolville said:
I think that entry's just wishful thinking.

Yeah, after doing some additional digging, it seems to be a dead project for now. Warner Bros' license window has closed, and the original prodco has taken to shopping the project around, possibly to New Line.

werk

First Post
Dioltach said:
Well, apparently Red Nails is already in post-production. So that's at least something to look forward to.

I just noticed how much voice over work that Ron Pearlman does. I knew he did a lot, but seeing it listed out is...impressive.

frankthedm

First Post
Well, the Scorpion King is getting a prequel and Riddick is getting a sequel, so we'll be getting a few conan-flavored movies too.

http://sports.bodogbeat.com/mma-new...ar-in-prequel-to-the-scorpion-king-91109.html

According to ufcjunkie.com, UFC heavyweight champion Randy "The Natural" Couture (15-8-0) will star in "The Scorpion King: The Akkadian," a major motion picture from Universal Studios.

The film will be a prequel to the 2002 film "The Scorpion King", which featured Dwayne Johnson - better known as "The Rock". Ironically, this film was a prequel to the films "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns", which hit theatres in 1999 and 2001 respectively.

"It's my first lead in a feature film," Couture said. "I'm playing the Rock's nemesis, but it's a teenage Rock in this movie. It's a prequel to the others, and I'm the bad warrior king. I leave Oct. 3 for South Africa to begin shooting."

Last edited:

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Not to sidetrack here but Riddick is getting a sequel?

I was only aware of the game Dark Athena.. can you point me in the direction of your info on this Frank.

frankthedm

First Post
LrdApoc said:
Not to sidetrack here but Riddick is getting a sequel?

I was only aware of the game Dark Athena.. can you point me in the direction of your info on this Frank.
here

Director David Twohy has said that sequel plans depend in large part on the commercial success of the DVD. Vin Diesel has said that there are two sequels in development; the second film will involve a visit to the Underverse.

Sequels said:
In a March 8, 2006 article on Comingsoon.net, it was reported that Vin Diesel claimed that a sequel to The Chronicles of Riddick was in the works. According to him, he had already written a storyline that covered a trilogy which began with the Chronicles of Riddick. Another article on Comingsoon.net written on March 11, 2005 reports that Vin Diesel states that Chronicles 2 was to deal with The Underverse, while Chronicles 3 was to conclude the series with a return to Furya.

Remove ads