Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Surprisingly, we actually do sometimes manage to get character plots resolved, but it is always a great idea to continue in that vein. I believe the last adventure to be created solely for that purpose was Roger's, and I seem to recall the players enjoying it greatly. I bet you'll get some takers!

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'd like someone to run the "Gur stalks a giant" adventure at some point. The goal of course being, stalking the giant without ever getting into a fight and dying to the giant. I've got this favored enemy: giants, and nothing to do with it. Or alternatively "stalk the ogre", "stalk the troll", etc.

However, it's somewhat story light. Gur was never a very "heady" character.

Link to Gur: http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=1089923&postcount=15

Rystil Arden

First Post
ANNOUNCEMENT (cross-posted in its own thread):

Okay, since my Showdown adventure is still pretty slow, and since there was a very high chance that if they complete their quest, they will fulfill the minor side prerequisite to the big mega-adventure, I'm just going to do a bit of a time-skip here and say that they did.

What does that mean for you, gentle player?

It means that a big world-shaking mega-adventure that spans multiple adventuring groups is about to begin. It is suitable for adventurers of all levels, except higher levels are better and it can take no more than about 1 group's worth of total newbies. High level adventurers are requested if possible. The risks will be great, but so will the rewards. Do you have what it takes to stop the resurrection of one of the greatest evils in LEW's history? Chime in here. Once I have enough people, we can start the big pregame council and then split off into groups!

(Minor sidenote--the mega-adventure will technically take place after the return of both the Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins group and the Crux of the Matter group. It is a bit of an unusual sidenote, but if you guys want to take part (and tCotM group will recognise some links in this so I suggest it), you can post interest even though we aren't done yet)

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Surprisingly, we actually do sometimes manage to get character plots resolved, but it is always a great idea to continue in that vein. I believe the last adventure to be created solely for that purpose was Roger's, and I seem to recall the players enjoying it greatly. I bet you'll get some takers!

Yeah, we've had a number of largely player directed adventures... but the idea is still a good one. I'm away from e-mail access at the moment, but if you've sent in a proposal I'll be able to review it in a few days.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Okay, since my Showdown adventure is still pretty slow.
I'm amazed it hasn't died, given that we've lost over 10 characters involved in it at some point.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
No, I'd have done pretty much the same thing if he hadn't beaten me to it - it just seems he caught a few unrelated posts in the crossfire.
Yeah, I was afraid of that, hopefully nothing important :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I'm amazed it hasn't died, given that we've lost over 10 characters involved in it at some point.
I don't think we've actually lost 10. A'jardin disappeared almost immediately, and Dagummit. Then Somac. And we lost Krug almost before he appeared. And Thurgan too when Keia vanished. And then Jdvn1 said he's going to be spotty with Anton. So that's 6. Still, a huge number, but not 10 ;)

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
I believe the last adventure to be created solely for that purpose was Roger's, and I seem to recall the players enjoying it greatly. I bet you'll get some takers!

With one exception -- Roger didn't get that character's motivation at all, and he ended up with an adventure she wasn't suited for and not likely to stay in without extensive metagaming. But yes, this is something I'd like to see more of. Other DMs have at times incorporated issues from PC backgrounds, but I think Roger is the only one who did what you're doing, soliciting players before writing up even the germ of an adventure.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
A Sojourn in Sairundan is completely based on Shadya's background.

I've discussed this with Manzanita before, but once Rasereit becomes powerful enough, he wants to reclaim his ancestral home from the monsters that chased his clan out. That won't happen for a while, though, I don't think.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
A Sojourn in Sairundan is completely based on Shadya's background.

I've discussed this with Manzanita before, but once Rasereit becomes powerful enough, he wants to reclaim his ancestral home from the monsters that chased his clan out. That won't happen for a while, though, I don't think.
Well, it will be about her background eventually. So far it seems to be mostly banditry and culture clashes. That said, Sojourn in Sairundan, while not actually a sojourn in Sairundan yet, makes banditry and culture clashes look very very good ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads