Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Well, I guess I can start on Ashnar level 9 now. :eek: I considered taking Leadership, but maybe I should wait with that?

Also, while it doesn't seem like I'll research them too soon, with the lead-in to the mega-adventure being directly after CotM, it seems some of my custom spells didn't yet find their way into the Rules thread:
Ashnar's Shield Swarm in this post (ignore the fiery shackles spell, it's an old version), Ashnar's Fiery Shackles here, and Ashnar's Athleticate Augmentation and Ashnar's Reflect Domination in here.
You should still have access to the LEW judge account. Feel free to use it for this :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I wouldn't worry--if we do manage to start the lead-in on time, it's still just the lead-in. People can come late to the party and still be there in time to hear about the Council (by construction--I made it that way on purpose). Once the Council has started, though, that'll be a lock-in for the latest that a character can join.
Of note, if you wait, I have 2 characters that are still in post game wrapup that may end up at the Council, and I'm sure I'm not the only one (and we're talking L9 and 6).

I need Vanitri approved for 9th level, but his Cohort is lagging behind because of pending feat approvals. Once he's approved for 9th, he'll probably need to be approved for 10th due to GM Credit use (I'm less than 3K short)

Knight Otu

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Added to the Wiki. What's the status on the privacy of these spells?
All private at start. At some point, I'll probably sell scrolls of some of them to Rinaldo's shop, making those essentially public, but that may be a while.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
You should still have access to the LEW judge account. Feel free to use it for this :)
I shouldn't, really. :p And I'm not sure if it's the best habit to get back into after stepping down, but I guess this time is ok.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
I shouldn't, really. :p And I'm not sure if it's the best habit to get back into after stepping down, but I guess this time is ok.
Normaly, I'd agree, but they're your spells, and you know their status better than anyone.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Well, I guess I can start on Ashnar level 9 now. :eek: I considered taking Leadership, but maybe I should wait with that?

Also, while it doesn't seem like I'll research them too soon, with the lead-in to the mega-adventure being directly after CotM, it seems some of my custom spells didn't yet find their way into the Rules thread:
Ashnar's Shield Swarm in this post (ignore the fiery shackles spell, it's an old version), Ashnar's Fiery Shackles here, and Ashnar's Athleticate Augmentation and Ashnar's Reflect Domination in here.
You can still spend Craft Points and research them in between--that's why we have CP ;)

LogicsFate

First Post
Rystil-
A couple quick Acadamy question. Elise has a possible wizard to be, maybe. :\ Accualy probly not, but won't know till later.

I assume not every person who comes to the acadamy is all ready popping off cantrips, How does the Acadamy test potentials for spell casting potential, or even check for Min. Int?

Would it cost to sponser someone(NPC) for initial training?

Rystil Arden

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Rystil-
A couple quick Acadamy question. Elise has a possible wizard to be, maybe. :\ Accualy probly not, but won't know till later.

I assume not every person who comes to the acadamy is all ready popping off cantrips, How does the Acadamy test potentials for spell casting potential, or even check for Min. Int?

Would it cost to sponser someone(NPC) for initial training?
Several things, including a written exam, an oral exam, and then a secret third test (all Academy people know it, but they aren't allowed to discuss it). The majority of applicants fail the first test. It would be exceedingly rare for someone with under 16 Int to pass all three--they'd need to be Medibarian Highborne (and thus human) with good connections, or maybe have a five-year-old little girl with 20 Int, who everyone assumes couldn't possible be helpful, do the test them.

What do you mean by initial training? Training to take the entrance exams--a Wizard can probably do that for free, although you have to be VERY careful, as giving away the secrets or answers of the exams is not allowed. If you mean paying tuition for the Academy, that is expensive indeed, but an adventurer of high level could conceivably afford it. Many applicants receive scholarships (in any Academy PC's background, he or she would either be assumed to be from a very wealthy family that footed the bill or else to have received a scholarship).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads