Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solange

First Post
stonegod said:
LEB allows anything in the SRD that is also in the Core books or the XPH; so the deities SRD, the UA open content, etc. is not automatic. Can't speak to LEW's stance.
Realy? Does it state that? Most of the Deities stuff was reprinted elsewhere too (some of the Eberron domains in fact) that is PC usable, and the stuff that's scary is deity powers, which aren't PC issues anyway.

Knight Otu

First Post
The LEW stance has been "If it's in the SRD, it's allowed for the players" for the most part, and those feats did receive quite some amount of discussion. They are allowed, though recently the judges voted to ban two (Persistent Spell and Superior Expertise), and I believe they also voted to remove the sonic option from Energy Substitution. Also, on the off-chance that there will be new additions to the SRD, they'll no longer be considered auto-approved.

I suppose some of that should be in the stickied threads. If it isn't, it's solely the fault of the guy who kicked himself out recently for not updating things regularly.

B4cchus

Explorer
I knew that proposal of disapproved content should still be handy.
anyway, i'm in it for the power critical feat. I'll post a seperate approval thread.

Patlin

Explorer
B4cchus said:
I knew that proposal of disapproved content should still be handy.
anyway, i'm in it for the power critical feat. I'll post a seperate approval thread.

Power Critical, being in the SRD and not specifically called out as banned in any LEW proposal, is available to take without a proposal.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Solange said:
Realy? Does it state that? Most of the Deities stuff was reprinted elsewhere too (some of the Eberron domains in fact) that is PC usable, and the stuff that's scary is deity powers, which aren't PC issues anyway.
Actually, it appears the all of the SRD was backdoored in, though that was on a single comment by Bront and KO. Thanks for pointing that out; we'll fix that (see the link above for why). :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Okay, question for everybody. In DMing an adventure here, are we limited to only the monsters in the Monster Manual I since that's the only thing in SRD? I ask becuase I was flipping through my MMII book and found a few critters that could work well in my first adventure here if they are not against the rules.

Thanks as usual for answering that which has probably been answered before.

Boddynock

First Post
Hi, Phoenix.

This was a question I just asked, too. The answer is that, although players are limited to SRD, DMs are not.

Have a blast! :]

'Nock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads