Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Quick question.

Is it all right if I steal a character who's left LEW as an NPC? She'd go away as that if she returned, but it's only fitting that Vantiri's "sis" is part of his new Freefolk caravan.

Which is ultimately open for PCs to join as well, btw :) I'll do a writeup of them specificly later, I still need L9 approval (and will promptly need L10 approval.
I assume since the character has been abandoned quite literally for years that it should be okay. You should keep in mind that Michael is looking for her and also that she might be killed by demons.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I assume since the character has been abandoned quite literally for years that it should be okay. You should keep in mind that Michael is looking for her and also that she might be killed by demons.
Not according to the Crux ;) Michael may or may not find her, depending on if he looks outside. It's not a big deal, it just fits. I could easily get official permition from said person, but she wouldn't have the time to give it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Not according to the Crux ;) Michael may or may not find her, depending on if he looks outside. It's not a big deal, it just fits. I could easily get official permition from said person, but she wouldn't have the time to give it.
Remember, the Crux showed a future that might happen, and one that isn't the current future due to different choices made.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Remember, the Crux showed a future that might happen, and one that isn't the current future due to different choices made.
Yes, but wouldn't that have changed the past to get to that future?

Of course, it could be Ros's mother... or sister... or daughter :uhoh: :confused:

Ok, maybe not the last one...

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Yes, but wouldn't that have changed the past to get to that future?
No--the set of all possible futures for any given point in the future (say 10 days from now) constantly decrease as choices are made, until eventually there is only one possible future left (and you reach that point in time, so it becomes the present) ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
I ment for Ros to have been lost to daemons? Remember, I'm 2-3 years ahead of them most likely, so that would have happened well before he went to the Crux.

And why are we discussing meta-time issues in LEW? :confused:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I ment for Ros to have been lost to daemons? Remember, I'm 2-3 years ahead of them most likely, so that would have happened well before he went to the Crux.

And why are we discussing meta-time issues in LEW? :confused:
Nah, she's still safe for now. It's just something that might possibly happen some time in the future. A bad guy knows who certain PCs' loved ones are.

thegreyman

First Post
A quick idea or two to ask about.

1)Can 5 ranks in Craft(Trapmaking) grant a +2 bonus on Survival Checks for areas with abundant wildlife?

2) Would it be possible to design and build portable traps? This way, adventuring parties can set up a camp and protect themselves at the same time. Who hasn't been camping in the wilderness or dungeon and wanted to deter unwanted creatures? I'm not talking anything extremely deadly, but more on the lines of simple mechanical traps (maybe simple magical ones later).

Should these be built in a separate thread as a proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads