Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
It may be a good idea to post this stuff here as well, rather than just hidden in adventure threads. :heh:

First, Ashnar's level isn't correctly stated in the character list - Wiz 6/Paragon 2, when it should be either Wiz 5/Paragon 3 (if his 9th level approval hasn't been logged yet), or Wiz 6/Paragon 3 if it has.

Second, Ashnar has crafted and researched some stuff, as follows:
Code:
+15,000 gp					Share
-   125 gp					Reparations
-    40 gp					Ivory plaque
-   750 gp	-  40 XP			Fixing Necromantic Nexus
-   550 gp					Purchase scrolls of secret page, erase, and false life
-   300 gp					Scribe secret page to spellbook
- 6,250 gp	- 500 XP	-1250 Craft	Create blessed book
						Scribe spells, including erase, into blessed book
						Erase Ashar's sparkstrike from old spellbook.
						Use ability to cast secret page for Tenebrynn for his crafting efforts
+ 2,650 gp					Sell old spellbook (70 pages scribes without sparkstrike)
- 2,000 gp	- 160 XP	- 400 Craft	Create headband of intellect +2
- 7,000 gp			- 700 Craft	Spell research

Spells researched: Ashnar's Fiery Shackles (2nd), Ashnar's Shield Swarm (3rd)
Spells researched with Tenebrynn: Ashnar's Athleticate Augmentation (2nd), Ashnar's Pyromagical Enhancement, Lesser (2nd)

Spells copied from Tenebrynn: arcane lock, clairaudience/clairvoyance, dispel magic, eagle's splendor, fly, fox's cunning, haste, locate object, magic missile, rope trick, scrying, shield, slow, summon monster 3, true strike, web
That should mean that the fiery shackles, shield swarm, athleticate augmentation, and lesser pyromagical enhancement spells are now researched. They are still private, however.

BigB

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
You can do it once and use that one manifesting to reaarrange multiple feats, skill points, power choices with the Psywar levels, etc. I'll warn you that Zaeryl knows he has a monopoly on this power and is going to charge a bit over the standard market price because of it (and especially because it costs him XP too, whereas a lot of the other PCs with useful spells like Teleport can just cast them for profit and lose nothing).

If you do start up your business Cepheus may be interested your services as well.

Question: if a character with low wisdom score wears an item with +2 wisdom enhancement does that character then gain spells from class that require wisdom to gain them?

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
BigB said:
If you do start up your business Cepheus may be interested your services as well.

Question: if a character with low wisdom score wears an item with +2 wisdom enhancement does that character then gain spells from class that require wisdom to gain them?
I did start it up, but sadly nobody wanted it until after Zaeryl had already left. By now he's in an encounter, so it's almost certainly too late to get a PsyRef :(

Patlin

Explorer
BigB said:

Yes, as long as it gets your wisdom to the level required by the spell.

Patlin

Explorer
Creamsteak said:
Subscriptions are also botched a bit right now.

Yeah, that does make stuff a lot harder for those of us used to using that feature. I can get the new threads still, but not the whole list.

Erekose13

Explorer
Patlin said:
Yeah, that does make stuff a lot harder for those of us used to using that feature. I can get the new threads still, but not the whole list.

I've gone through the Play By Post and Living worlds and added links to all the threads in my sig for the time being. I know I haven't been posting much cause I've been crazy busy at work, but at least I can find my threads quickly when I have time again (tonight?).

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I did start it up, but sadly nobody wanted it until after Zaeryl had already left. By now he's in an encounter, so it's almost certainly too late to get a PsyRef :(
Got to get me one of those as well if the opportunity arises. Of course, it's for my 3rd level feat, so it'd be costly...

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Got to get me one of those as well if the opportunity arises. Of course, it's for my 3rd level feat, so it'd be costly...
D'oh, you should have asked sooner--Zaeryl and Ashna actually could have crossed paths if you were quick on the trigger finger, since TCotM ended before SitSM began. If Patlin's really nice, he might let us add that one in with the other PsyRef I did for Juliana. The fact that it's more expensive is fine--I like money :D And besides, the price will continue to increase if you don't get it fixed now ;)

Knight Otu

First Post
Huh, are you sure about the timing? I seem to recall that we were still busy planning our escape at that point, but maybe my memory is faulty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads