Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Basically, I'm going to start the Council on Saturday regardless,
Patlin, in light of the above, I think we should adjust our character sheets for Tor's wand purchase while we still can. I'm not sure if we can use craft points after the council starts, and who knows if we get chance after the council. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Patlin, in light of the above, I think we should adjust our character sheets for Tor's wand purchase while we still can. I'm not sure if we can use craft points after the council starts, and who knows if we get chance after the council. ;)
You won't get a chance after the Council, no. You can still do it now though. The real question is whether we can retcon Zaeryl helping Ashnar with those feat swaps, but only Patlin can answer that. Otherwise you'll be stuck with those feats unchanged for a while yet.

Patlin

Explorer
As long as the xp cost doesn't drop Zaeryl a level, I'm OK with the retcon.

I hadn't realized we could use craft points during the party, but Tor is happy to pay up for the wand. I'll scroll back through the thread in order to figure out what Ashnar was charging.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Splendid. KO2, do you want to give a GM credit like Bront to assuage much of the price, or should I charge full price? Also, how many levels do you need PsyRefed?

Knight Otu

First Post
Patlin: Ashnar's charging 525 gp for the wand of enlarge person.

Rystil: We're talking about my 3rd-level feat Enlarge Spell (I sense a theme), and Ashnar is 9th level. No credits available.

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Well that's very strange. At least, I assuming they are using the GM credit to give Xaeryl XP and not gold. What's Xaeryl's in character explanation for giving them a discount?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Patlin: Ashnar's charging 525 gp for the wand of enlarge person.

Rystil: We're talking about my 3rd-level feat Enlarge Spell (I sense a theme), and Ashnar is 9th level. No credits available.
6 levels, eh? Then he'll make the same offer as for Juliana:

Offer said:
For a GM credit to offset XP loss to Zaeryl, you get a massive discount. He'd normally charge 1500 to go back 6 levels. But with the credit, 450 gold. As per the rules for PsyRef, Zaeryl can't help the fact that Ashnar herself will also pay a bit of XP too (She wants to go back 6 levels? That's only 150 XP to her)

Rystil Arden

First Post
SlagMortar said:
Well that's very strange. At least, I assuming they are using the GM credit to give Xaeryl XP and not gold. What's Xaeryl's in character explanation for giving them a discount?
They are donating additional essence to the casting of the spell. Much like many crafters give discounts for buyers who will share the craft point cost or pay the XP cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads