Streetscape

Trouvere

Explorer
Taelythenihel, continuing forward, mutters "A strange way to ask for assistance." If she has the young man in sight within 100', she casts the Message cantrip, and speaks directly to him, "Stop running, fool! We will help, but we cannot keep up with you. Whisper now what is happening, and I shall hear." Otherwise, she picks up the pace.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
With the man now pulling away from them, and not exactly sure why he’s now sprinting down the street, Valdaris starts to have second thoughts about the whole affair. What the hell am I doing out here anyway? Still, since there is nothing in the inn to go back to, he allows his curiosity to get the better of him and he presses on. They can no longer keep up with the young man who’d brought them all out here in the first place, but the mercenary resolves to keep sight of Kol. As he runs, he calls out to the others around him.

“We’re losin’ him… but we can still follow the barbarian…”

Boddynock

First Post
Seeing the man pull still further away, the elven wizard slows down and casts a spell. Mouthing arcane syllables, and making strange passes in the air with her hands, she frowns in concentration as she whispers after the fleeing youth.

[sblock=Taelythenihel]You hear the young man reply, "Can't stop! No time. Have to keep going. I know what I have to do."

It occurs to her that he doesn't seem in the least out of breath.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Enough of this," Taelythenihel snaps. "What could be more ridiculous than the sight of wizards running pell-mell through the streets? I am not made for such nonsense. Ruud, he refuses to stop or explain. I see no reason to assist him further."
Taelythenihel stops short, and walks back to the inn, disgruntled.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Hearing Taelythenihel's outburst, Valdaris pauses momentarily, though never takes his eye from the fleeting barbarian. He looks at her intently and questions.

"What do you mean!"

Trouvere

Explorer
"I spoke with him as we ran. I told him to stop and explain. He refuses to do either. He is a trickster or a fool. We owe him no assistance," says Taelythenihel over her shoulder as she stalks off.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
“W-w-what do you mean?”

Valdarius asks, incredulous, as he tries to fathom the situation. He stands for a moment, caught between the pursuit of the barbarian and the elven wizard who is now walking in the other direction.

“Talk with him. How did you talk with him?”

OOC: Sorry Trouvere. I can't let you leave. Not just yet. :p

Trouvere

Explorer
"Renthisj arcaniss," she replies. "A simple act of magic. I spoke directly to his ear over the intervening distance. He replied to me in the same manner."

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Valdaris shrugs, then it dawns on him that Taelythenihel is a practitioner or the arcane arts and that she may have such means of communication at her disposal. He takes one more glace at the back of the barbarian disappearing into the distance, before deciding that it would be folly for him to continue the chase. Reluctantly, he sheathes his sword and follows the elf back to the inn.

Remove ads