Error in Magic Item Compendium

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
This is obviously an error in MIC:
The Amber Amulet of Vermin exists in 8 varieties that summon each another giant vermin.
These are:
Giant Bee,
Giant queen ant,
Giant praying mantis,
Huge monstrous centipede,
Huge monstrous scorpion,
Large monstrous spider,
Giant wasp,
Giant stag beetle.

All these are CR 1-3, but the scorpion is 7. As the Large monstrous scorpion is CR 3 I think it should be on the list.

Is this news or has anyone already spotted this? And is there any place I can see errata before they're published by WotC?

Cheers

Tarril Wolfeye said:
And is there any place I can see errata before they're published by WotC?

Go to your local book store in a couple months, and check the book again. It seems that WotC has basically given up on publishing free errata, but they'll still update the material in newer printings. :\

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
Deset Gled said:
Go to your local book store in a couple months, and check the book again. It seems that WotC has basically given up on publishing free errata, but they'll still update the material in newer printings. :\
Yes, but that's not what I meant. As errors are posted on boards like these, there could be a place where someone other than WotC collects and organizes all errata found.

Laman Stahros

First Post
Post it on WotC's boards. They may pay more attention there. I have seen some of the WotC people posting on here lately, though.

Edit: They are looking at errata, but it has to be more than something like "stat block errors".

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Deset Gled said:

That is not the case. In fact, WOTC said they were redoubling their efforts to publish errata, and a major errata update is forthcoming.

Felix

Explorer
Mistwell said:
WOTC said they were redoubling their efforts to publish errata
[Tongue-in-cheek]

But a doubling of zero is still zero!

[/Tongue-in-cheek]

I'd just DM Fiat that scorpion to Large and call it a day.

Mistwell said:
That is not the case. In fact, WOTC said they were redoubling their efforts to publish errata, and a major errata update is forthcoming.

I am well aware of the WotC claim (original thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=196010&highlight=errata). However, I have also become very sceptical of it. The announcement was three months ago, and we've seen nothing. Note that the original announcement said they had already been working for months on the project.

I wouldn't be so critical if I thought that they were compiling data for the errata, but we know that they have already printed errataed spells in the Spell Compendium, changed a number of powers in Complete Psionic, and have changed the wording to a number of different things in the leatherbound DMG and PHB. All they need to do is compile those changes and post them in a PDF, and I'll be happy.

But I'm still waiting and hoping.

You should check out Rouse's post in the main forum. Basically, instead of releasing things piecemeal, they're planning on a quarterly Errata update (which will, largely, ignore trivial errors like "Such-and-such monster has +6 to Knoweldge (Arcana) instead of +8.").

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases