PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]First things first, looking back through the pages I believe Xir was at 7/12 HPs after the fight versus the carpet and never healed up. Ethic was at 6/9 HPs after the carpet fight and then down to 2/9 after the spear trap hit him. Eleria is still at her full 7/7 HPs. I'm willing to assume that Xir and Elthic each used a healing potion and got back to full HPs. This would leave Xir and Eleria with 3 Healing Potions and Elthic with 2. If that sounds fine by you all, let me know. I'll assume as much in my next post but can retcon it if for some reason you want to start the fight with lower HPs.

Also, I will hand out the XP for that trapped chest that I forgot to give earlier. Each of the 3 still active characters gets 100 XP for that chest. Warlocklord hadn't been active in some time before that, so I'm not giving Abdul any more XP from this point on unless he returns and starts earning some from whatever point he comes back in at. This should bring all three of your characters up to 900 XP each.

I'll post the start of the attack soon.[/SBLOCK]
Also, here is the map setup at the start of the fight...

attachment.php

Attachments

• DarqueDemenseRoof1.JPG
    DarqueDemenseRoof1.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 1- Order of battle and conditions
-Summoned Ape (no damage)
-Verminar (no damage)
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:12/12) >has 3 healing potions
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 9/9), >has 2 healing potions
-Eleria (AC: 16, HP: 7/7) >has 3 healing potions

-The Ape charges forward and slams into Xir trying to push him backwards…
-Meanwhile, Verminar flies around the SE corner of the house and comes up behind Eleria just over the trap door. Thrusting out with his tail, the pseudodragon stings her right in the neck for 1 damage.

[sblock=OOC]Okay, I need the following from you all:
-Attack of Opportunity at the ape from Xir, Elthic, and Eleria if you choose to do so (with the knowledge that there is a 25% chance for Eleria's and Elthic's attack to hit Xir instead since he and the ape are sharing the same space). Forget this. I just saw that since you're flat-footed, you don't get AoO's yet.
-I need a STR check from Xir to oppose the Bull Rush.
-I need a Fortitude save for Eleria due to her being stung.

I think that's it. If I think of anything else I'll post it later.[/sblock]
attachment.php

Attachments

• DarqueDemenseRoof2.JPG
    DarqueDemenseRoof2.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 304

Wik

First Post
"See, Xir? This is what sticking to the letter of the law gets you! Angry apes and dragons!"

Elthic slides behind the ape, gaining a combat advantage. takes a five foot step behind the ape, to flank him for a sneak attack. (Stupid learning 4e rules...)

Sneak Attack vs. Ape. (1d20+4=5, 1d8+3=9, 1d6=5)

Naturally, Elthic fails the attack, miserably.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 1- Order of battle and conditions
-Summoned Ape (no damage)
-Verminar (no damage)
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:12/12) >has 3 healing potions
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 9/9) >has 2 healing potions
-Eleria (AC: 16, HP: 6/7), Asleep from poison>has 3 healing potions

-The Ape charges forward and slams into Xir trying to push him backwards, but Xir’s strength proves to be more than the ape can overcome. It stumbles back a step after bouncing off Xir and stops for a moment, unsure of what to do next.
-Meanwhile, Verminar flies around the SE corner of the house and comes up behind Eleria just over the trap door. Thrusting out with his tail, the pseudodragon stings her right in the neck for 1 damage. Eleria’s hand goes to her neck as her eyes roll up in her head and she slumps to the ground, unconscious.

OOC: Xir can attack now. Wik, you'll need to change where Elthic was moving to since he can't 5 foot step behind the ape because it got pushed back to H7 after failing to Bull Rush Xir. Have to keep the attack roll unfortunately. D.E.M. sorry to put Eleria out of the fight so soon, but this is how Verminar would try and do things to protect his interests. Hopefully it'll all be over quick and the fight won't drag on without you for long. ;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• DarqueDemenseRoof3.JPG
    DarqueDemenseRoof3.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 254

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 1 Summary
-The Ape charges forward and slams into Xir trying to push him backwards, but Xir’s strength proves to be more than the ape can overcome. It stumbles back a step after bouncing off Xir and stops for a moment, unsure of what to do next.
-Meanwhile, Verminar flies around the SE corner of the house and comes up behind Eleria just over the trap door. Thrusting out with his tail, the pseudodragon stings her right in the neck for 1 damage. Eleria’s hand goes to her neck as her eyes roll up in her head and she slumps to the ground, unconscious.
-Xir's green blade flashes with deadly accuracy and cuts the ape deeply.
-Elthic steps to the ape’s side and slashes at it, but misses.
-Eleria lies slumped on the roof, unconscious.

Round 2- Order of battle and conditions
-Summoned Ape (18 damage)
-Verminar (no damage)
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:4/12) >has 3 healing potions
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 9/9) >has 2 healing potions
-Eleria (AC: 16, HP: 6/7), Asleep from poison>has 3 healing potions

-The ape claws and bites at Xir who manages to dodge all the attacks but one. (He takes 8 damage from one claw.)
-Verminar circles around Xir’s opposite side and stabs at the Xeph with its tail. The strike is so quick that Xir hardly feels the prick. No blood is drawn, but he feels something in his body trying to put him to sleep. (0 damage, need Fort save from Xir along with next attack in case save is high enough.)
-Xir barely fights off the sluggishness of the posion and swings slowly at the ape, but misses by a wide margin.
-Elthic steps again to get behind the ape while it concentrates on Xir. Stabbing deep into the apes vitals, the dwarf is rewarded with a howl of anger from the beast.

Attachments

• DarqueDemenseRoof4.JPG
    DarqueDemenseRoof4.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases