PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Abdul reloads and fires again. His aim is spastic due to the poison, but he finds himself inspired by the music. His shot flies true and strikes the creature in it's abdomen!

-Elthic grunts, and draws the crossbow slung across his back. Kneeling, he pulls off a shot at the beast. His shot goes just over the beasts head though and careens off of the hard shell on its back.

-Enraged at the pain it is now suffering, the creature madly attacks Xir and bites him hard on his arm where it was ensnared most in the webbing making him unable to pull away in time. [sblock=OOC]Make a Fort save against the poison and take 6 damage from the bite.[/sblock]-Ignoring his wound for now, Xir concentrated on what he knew was more important: Cut. Cut. That was the one thing to remember in battle. Cut. And that is what Xir did. Slicing into the creatures flesh with his mental blade, Xir feels it flinch and quiver in weakness as animals do when they fear death has come for them.

-Eleria sings. She sings of the battle and the loss, but mostly she sings of the final victory no matter the cost. As she reaches the songs crescendo while watching her companions strike true, she carries the final note away into silence before firing her bow as if the hands of her ancestors guided her. Her arrow pierces the spiders' chest just as it rears up in pain from Xir's attack. Falling backwards and crashing down, the monster twitches while its legs all curl in towards its belly as if trying to pull out that which pains it.

Round 6-Post battle conditions
-Abdul (AC:11, HP:5/5) -3 Dex due to poison, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Centipede 1 -Dying
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 8/9) +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear
-Centipede 2 -Dying
-Spider -Dying
-Xir (AC: 17, HP:6/12) -3 STR damage from poison, Entangled:-2 Atk, -4 Dex, ½ speed, no run or charge, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: 5/7) -2 Dex due to poison, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far

Last edited:

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
"Yesss!" Eleria calls after her shot, knowing that it had struck true. She was absolutely desperate to escape only moments ago, but now the beast was in it's death throes and writhing in agony in front of them.

[sblock=Phoenix]Eleria currently has a free vial from the potion she consumed. (As does Abdul). I would like to milk the venom from the glands of the spider if possible.

What say you?[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Elthic, HP 8/9 (AC 15)

Elthic helps Xir get free from the webbing. "You seem stuck there, lad. Here, let me give you a hand. Did you see how I took down those bugs in the bathroom?" he turns towards Eleria. "Maybe you could sing a song about that, eh?"

He pauses to think for a moment, while pulling strands of webbing from Xir's shirt. "Though, you might want to put it somewhere besides a bathroom. Maybe an abandoned dwarven hall? And instead of glorified bugs, they could be.... vengeful, maddened wyrms?"

Elthic smiles at the thought, and then proceeds to wipe the "guck" from his spear on Xir's pantleg. He shakes his head to clear his mind, and then says loudly, "Right. Let's move on, shall we?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
With Elthic's and some cuts from his own blade, Xir frees himself. He is direct about it, and does not seem overly concerned with his appearance. Only the slight grimace on his face betrays the poison coursing through his system. He closes his green eyes a moment, then takes a deep breath, focusing inward. An abrupt cough seems to spoil that, however. He then nods at the helpful dwarf, then utilizes one his own potions to offset his wounds. "Are any of you proficient in the treatment of poison?"

OOC: Fort (1d20+2=5). Using autohypnosis to tolerate the poison's secondary effects, but failing: Tolerate poison (1d20+6=8) IC, you name is Mud!

Phoenix8008

First Post
As the adrenaline stops pumping through your system each of you breathes heavily as you feel the poison seep deeper into your body...

[sblock=OOC]Xir takes 3 points of Strength damage from the spider poison (initial damage). I rolled for Xir's healing potion #1 of 4 (1d8+1=9), so he is full on HP again.

I need the following saves for secondary poison damage unless someone has some ability to deal with it that I missed on your character sheets...
- 1 Fort save for Abdul
- 2 Fort saves for Eleria
- 1 Fort save for Elthic
- and 1 Fort save for Xir

For the poison: I can't find any rules concerning harvesting poison in the books, but I know that using poison does give a chance of poisoning oneself and I would think trying to milk the poison from a creature could easily fall in the same category. So while you are making checks, I'll let anyone make a Knowledge(Nature) check to see how much they might know on the subject. The results of this roll will determine your DC for a DEX check to actually harvest one vial of the poison. The same person must make both rolls, not doing a 'this person knows how, but this other person will use that knowledge' thing. So anyone willing to be poisoned can make each of those rolls and post the results and I'll tell you what you get! :]

Also, while you are rolling, go ahead and make your next initiative checks please. Thanks!

Congrats on making it through your first extended combat as a team! Everyone has earned their first 150 XP!! :cool: [/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Wik said:
(OOC: Should we be keeping track of XP as we progress, then?)
You can add it to your character sheet, yes. Also maybe put an entry under the character sheet for adventure history and keep track of how much gained there also. So eventually when you've done multiple adventures, anyone could go back through your adventure history and add up the XP's you've gained and get your total amount on the character sheet.

Here's an example of how I do the Adventure History on one of my characters: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2803294#post2803294[/sblock]
[sblock=EDIT] I don't see that anyone has any ranks in Healing skill, but it can be used untrained and Xir has the highest Wis score of the group. So if you want to do an untrained Heal check for each character that needs a save as listed above, they can use their Fort save or your check (whichever is higher) against the poison.

Actually, all of the PC's could attempt untrained Heal checks and then each person could use the highest of any possible rolls theoretically. Since doing a heal check is a standard actoin and you had 5 rounds left until the first hit of secondary poison kicked in there would be time for each person to check all the others once and try healing if you want to go that crazy with it...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases