Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

hero4hire

Explorer
Drerek said:
Colossus updated in #71. Y'all please look at it closely. This is only the 2nd M&M character I've made so there are probably some mistakes.

I may have to back out of this one.

Drerek playing a 20 year old Colossus completely screws with my character's background.
(It would make him a 5 year old tops!) Unfortunately I did a lot of research to find a young mutant that Marvel was doing nothing with. So I am a bit disheartened trying to think of something else. :\ (This is not to say I think Drerek shouldn't play Colossus! I just cant do the concept now.)

~H4H

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
Also

Drothgery - Paragon(Eric Hassel) *Hmm, I think 'paragon' might be a good name.. it means "peerless", it's basically the best example of something*

Well, I've got him statted out now, assuming I didn't screw anything up. He's got a lot of Luck because he's got multiple feats that run on Hero points, and that seems like the only way to build up a supply.

Victim

First Post
hero4hire said:
I may have to back out of this one.

Drerek playing a 20 year old Colossus completely screws with my character's background.
(It would make him a 5 year old tops!) Unfortunately I did a lot of research to find a young mutant that Marvel was doing nothing with. So I am a bit disheartened trying to think of something else. :\ (This is not to say I think Drerek shouldn't play Colossus! I just cant do the concept now.)

~H4H

Perhaps your character had a secondary mutation to grow at an incredible rate (or it's some effect of the savage land). Awkwardness ensues.

Milagroso

First Post
Jemal, can I be younger then 14? How much younger?
The freebie points, can I spend them in any area, even the ones you previously stated we could not spend more then a certain amount on, or is there some other category I haven't learned about yet?

Thanks! :)

Edit: Never mind, I reread it and found I can put them anywhere. As for age, its no big deal. I can start her up at 14.

I don't think I can do Medea though. She isn't a mutant, really. She was a studier and practitioner of arcane magic. Her power comes from years of intensive study and training, with a fair bit of natural aptitude. Nothing super human about it I think.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Relique - I thought I saw an 'invisibility' power in the Ultimate Powers book, maybe that would work better?

Hmm... it's basically a write up of the concealment (visual) power which basically eliminates the need of saying you have 2 or 4 ranks of concealment. The funny thing is that I never noticed that power even though I bookmarked that page.

Jemal

Adventurer
Hero4Hire - Well, there's time travel. Or the savage lands moving at a differnt time speed.. Or maybe Colosus got caught in suspended animation for the last decade and a half..
Don't give up, this is a COMIC BOOK GAME, look for ways around silly things like logic.

Milagroso - I'd prefer not too young.. I wanted to keep the characters in their teens.. I WILL allow slightly younger or older if the concept is REALLY good. (Colosus being 20 for example is ok, as that's still 'young enough' for me.)
As for medea - Have you ever heard of the Scarlet Witch? She's a mutant.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Jemal said:
ShaggySpellsword (Desert Ghost) [sblock=shaggy]I take it that means you don't feel like doign Gravitron anymore?[/sblock]

[sblock=Jemal]That's exactly what it means. I couldn't figure out a good way to get Graviton's powers with-in your creation system that I could wrap my head around without giving him MORE control over his gravity manipulation than he had before--he was a character with very cheap powers. I was always fascinated with X-men 2099 and I thought it would be fun to see how the 2099 version of Professor X would act if he were a direct follower of the X-men, not some guy who learned about them in a vision and decided to restart them. Also he has the added fun of dealing with his very lethal power in a world were X-men who aren't Wolverine don't kill people and the emotional baggage of having killed people in the past.

Of course, as X-men don't generally kill people, should I write-up his non-lethality code as a complication?[/sblock]

Milagroso

First Post
Jemal said:
Milagroso - I'd prefer not too young.. I wanted to keep the characters in their teens.. I WILL allow slightly younger or older if the concept is REALLY good. (Colosus being 20 for example is ok, as that's still 'young enough' for me.)
As for medea - Have you ever heard of the Scarlet Witch? She's a mutant.

True. However Medea's concept precluded her from being a mutant. Making her a mutant would be a change to the concept, I can live with that. I'm just debating if the character will get angry or not, materialize, and then kill me in my sleep.

Drerek

First Post
Jemal said:
Hero4Hire - Well, there's time travel. Or the savage lands moving at a differnt time speed.. Or maybe Colosus got caught in suspended animation for the last decade and a half..
Don't give up, this is a COMIC BOOK GAME, look for ways around silly things like logic.
Or you could just say that Colossus ain't his daddy. Some other super could be it.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Milagroso said:
True. However Medea's concept precluded her from being a mutant. Making her a mutant would be a change to the concept, I can live with that. I'm just debating if the character will get angry or not, materialize, and then kill me in my sleep.

Retconns happen to the best of characters. I'm pretty sure you will be safe considering none of Marvell's or DC's writers have died mysteriously after pressing a serie's reset button.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases