Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright Ladies and Gents of the Homo-Superior race, it's time for another exciting year at the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters... Affectionately known to the students as "Mutant High". We've got several new students this year, and a lot of old ones that keep coming back, and we hear that some of you are even being groomed to join the X-MEN!
Well, good luck whether this is your first year or your 5th!

- I'm looking to run a Mutants & Masterminds Campaign.. Heavy emphasis on the 'mutants' part. It will be set in the Marvel setting (if you didn't get that from the short intro). You will be playing young mutants - students at the Well-established house that Xavier built. I'm going to be messing with continuity a lot(As well as with the rules a tad), so here's the deal: I won't be allowing anybody to play Wolverine, Xavier, Storm, Jean Grey, Beast, or Cyclops (They're all teachers). Any other X-men (past/present, comic/movie, whatever) should be ok, as are new mutants (Of your own design) or mutants from other series. So long as all characters are done up so that they're between 14 and 19 years old.
PL and starting points will be decided in a little while, right now I just want concepts and maybe partial backgrounds.

A little Campgin Info: the campaign will be focused a lot around the school, character interaction, and the 'mutants vs humans' debate/war, meaning it's primarily role-playing and very player-driven. HOWEVER, I do love a good fight, and Danger-Room sessions will be part of the curriculum. I will also post story updates, control NPCs, and react to players, etc at certain intervals to keep the game moving.

I'd like to see a mix of very cool characters, and right now I don't know if I'll be putting any limit on the # of student's I'll be allowing. If this turns out as I expect, I doubt you'll ever ALL be in the same place at the same time unless there's something major happening, so be prepared for seperate storylines, just like the comics.
Also, I foresee different power-levels amongst players dependant on their characters, so if you have a problem with other players being more powerful than you, this may not be your cup of tea.
Remember that everyone can contribute, regardless of power.

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
This sounds very cool. If I don't get into H4H's game, I will be all over this, either with a powered-down, still-in training version of Gravitron, with another mutant-probably an original that just happens to be one of the other Guthrie children we have never met (not Cannonball, Icarus, Husk, or Amazon). a character a friend of mine created, Lewis Guthrie aka Stonewall with powers involving making himself super-dense with a mild healing factor, or with a version of the leader of X-men 2099, Xian Qi Xan.

Yay for playing with continuity!

Drerek

First Post
I'm interested. Not sure of a concept just yet. I have the core M&M, 2nd at home, but I'm not as familiar with the rules as I am w/ D&D. Is there an online resource available just with reminders about combat and a quick overview of powers? Some type of SRD or quick reference guide.

Autumn

First Post
Sounds like a blast, but unfortunately I still haven't got round to picking up M&M. So... have fun, I'll be looking forward to reading along. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Oh no way...this is one of those game concepts I've been wanting to try for ages...

Gotta do it.

As for concept...tricky not to imitate an existing mutant in the X-verse. There's already so many. Shapechanging is too Mystique...Kitty can go intangible...Storm's got weather nailed.

I'll have to brainstorm a bit.

Jemal

Adventurer
Drerek - I don't know of any online sources for it, no.
Dayspire - I won't be accepting players until I see concepts, so whether I'll have you depends on the character.

Jemal

Adventurer
Shayuri - doesn't matter, like I said if you wanna play with continuity go for it! The only off-limits characters are the teachers (And the brotherhood, obviously), but if you want to create someone with "essentially" the same mutation as a pre-existing character, without actually USING that character, just remake their story..
OR, there's nothing saying you can't have two mutants with the same power...
HOW many of them are just strong or fast or etc etc etc?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases