Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Shayuri

First Post
Alright. I have been long in thought on this question.

Jemal, what do you think about a Transform power that can change any object into a "dry" version of that object, and water? The idea being that Caly can learn to separate the water from (inanimate) things, if there's water present in them. This would include dissolved water, like in air or in solutions...

Now. Having a power like this makes the whole "requires water" thing a whole lot less of a limit. It would still cost her actions to create water using this transform, and there are still circumstances that she'd be unable to use the Transform to fuel her other abilities...but almost certainly not frequently enough that it would be worth a -1 limit.

I have a few ideas.

One, and simplest, I remove the limit. I reduce the power levels as needed to fit, and add the Transform to the array. Done and done. The remaining water dependency issues become at MOST a drawback, or possibly even a mere complication.

Two, I reduce the limit to only cover a fraction of the power levels. That is, say, her blast is +10...but only +5 of it has the limit. Thus, if she's depending on the relatively small amounts of water she can squeeze out of things, her blast is half power. If there's an actual lake or other large source of water nearby, she has the full deal.

Three, the Transform idea won't work, and I think of other ways to spend mah points. :)

Victim

First Post
I have Luck 2 as well. OTOH, I was about to get Beginner's Luck with 1 of the skill/feat points. I can drop them if desired.

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
Drothgery - You allready have the emotional thing as a complication, which I think makes far more sense than a power point saving flaw.

In that case, I'll ditch the faster switching extra. The variable structure setup is really more like how I originally wanted Eric's powers to work, I just couldn't figure out how to build it with just the core rulebook. Also, I think he's cheating on some things in his array as-is; Boost fades by default, and some have the Fades flaw.

The 'effeciency' moves I'm thinking about are more because it's difficult to improve things where they are right now. For example, Eric's got a shield 5 (rank 1) device for 3 pp; improving that to rank 2 would make it a shield 10 device -- and put him way over PL limit on Defense.

Jemal

Adventurer
Victim/Fangor - Yes please, thank you two for offering to drop those. I hadn't even noticed the luck feats on your sheets (Shows how much attention I pay. :( ) I'd be ok with allowing PC's a single rank in it, but no more unless luck is a part of your character concept.

Shayuri - I'm actually not to fond of the transform idea. If you'd like, we can come up with some sort of expansion on your power that lets you create water out of your own body, and use that as a reasoning for lessening (maybe eventually completely getting rid of) your limitations.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Jemal said:
Shayuri - I'm actually not to fond of the transform idea. If you'd like, we can come up with some sort of expansion on your power that lets you create water out of your own body, and use that as a reasoning for lessening (maybe eventually completely getting rid of) your limitations.

Considering that there are trace amounts of Hydrogen in the earths atmosphere, one reasonable way of creating water would be for her to have the ability to combine Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules to form water (although technically she wouldn't be able to create nearly as much water by combining Hydrogen and Oxygen as the amount of water vapor she would be able to pull out of the air at any given location).

Shayuri

First Post
Doh!

Not sure how creating water out of my body is really all that different...but if you don't like it, you don't like it...

Is there anything in particular about the transform you dislike? Maybe we can hammer out the kinks?

Jemal

Adventurer
it's more the thematics of it I dislike than anything mechanical, though it does have some mechanical differences from just creating the water (Drying things out, removing water-based ink from a page to prevent people from reading it, making something more susceptible to fire, etc)

kirinke

First Post
As far as her flight ability is concerned. I was thinking of something similar to what Static from that cartoon Static Shock uses, some sort of electrifiable, light disk thingie that when electrified is a solid platform, but when not can easily be folded up and put in one's pocket when in an inert state.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee...thematically, I was thinking it made more sense to do the transform. I mean, even her "weather" powers are based on manipulating water in the air. If she can do that, it's a short step to condensing water droplets. And if you can cause water to condense out of air...why not out of other things?

And remember, it's just water. Ink on a page doesn't have water in it anymore. She can't like...pick up a sponge and move it around by moving the water in it. She'd have to move the water out of the sponge. Or take a glass of orange juice. She could pull the water out, leaving a dry glass full of orange particles and pulp.

Dried objects being more vulnerable to fire is a valid point...I'm not sure if it's a bad thing though. Gives her a little versatility, and some synergy with the fire controller, Pyro. :)

Not trying to be a butt about it...anytime you want to put the foot down, just say so and the discussion's over. :)

kirinke

First Post
Alrighty. Here's Serena Mark 2

Character Name..... Electrica (Nickname, Sparks, Sparky)
Concept.................. Electricity Controller
Quotation................ Eectricity hurts. Alot.
Real Name..............Serena Weaver
Identity.................... Secret
Hero/Villain..............Hero

Origin..............Mutant
Allegiance.......Good, Family, Friends
Motivation.......Acceptance, Responsibility

Gender..........female
Age...............15
Height ...........5ft 6inches tall
Weight..........Slender, graceful
Hair..............black with two white streaks coming from her temples down
Eyes.............Vibrant Green

Occupation................Student
First Appearance.......The House that Xavier Built
Nationality..................USA
Ethnicity.....................Caucasian

ABILITIES
Str: 15 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 16 (+3)
Wis: 14 (+2)
Cha: 12 (+1)
PP SPENT 25

SAVES
FORT............... 1 base + 5 pp= +06
REFL................3 base + 5 pp= +08
WILL................ 2 base + 9 pp= +11
TOUGH............ 1 + 10 (Electrical Shield) = 11
PP SPENT: 19

Defense.........+5........(10 pp Spent)
Attack:............+5........(10 pp Spent)
Ranged Attack: +6
TOTAL PP SPENT: 20

Initative: +3 +4 feat bonus = +7
Hero Points: +1 +1luck feat =+2

FEATS
Judo (Accurate attack, defensive attack, improved disarm, improved grab, improved pin, improved trip, stunning attack, takedown attack.)
Improved Initative +1.
Ranged attack Bonus +6
Ultimate Effort: Fortitude Save.
Luck Bonus +1
Jack of all trades
PP SPENT: 18

Serena has grown up on army bases around the world, she's met a lot of people, who have taught her many different things, some of which her parents would probably not like her to know. She has also been taught to never give up or give in. In other words, she's incredibly stubborn, which applies to both her willpower and her ability to stay conscious and push herself further, when others would welcome unconsciousness.

SKILLS
(+11) ACROBATICS.............. 3 dex mod + 8............. 2 pp spent
(+05) BLUFF.......................... 1 cha mod + 4............. 1 pp spent
(+10) COMPUTERS............. 2 int mod + 8................ 2 pp spent
(+09) DIPLOMANCY............. 1 cha mod + 8.............. 2 pp spent
(+07) ESCAPE ARTIST........ 3 dex mod + 4............... 1 pp spent
(+06) MEDICINE................... 2 wis mod + 4.............. 1 pp spent

PERFORM
-String instruments..... 1 cha mod + 4............... 1 pp spent

KNOWLEDGE
(+06) -Current Events.......... 2 int mod + 4................. 1 pp spent
(+06) -Earth Sciences.......... 2 int mod + 4................. 1 pp spent
(+06) -Physical Sciences..... 2 int mod + 4................. 1 pp spent
(+06) -Popular Culture......... 2 int mod + 4................. 1 pp spent
(+06) -Streetwise................. 2 int mod + 4................. 1 pp spent
(+10) -Technology................ 2 int mod + 8................. 1 pp spent
PP SPENT 17

LANGUAGES
-English (default)
-Japanese
-Mandarin Chinese
-Greek
-Egyptian
-Italian
-German
-Spanish
-American Sign Language
PP SPENT 8

INDEPENDANT POWERS
Electrical Shield (Force Field) +10.....................................10pp spent
Flight 5 (Platform, arc Riding -1 pp)...................................09pp spent
Regeneration 5 (Recovery Bonus)......................................05pp spent
Regeneration 5 (Recovery Rate bruised 5)...........................05pp spent
PP SPENT: 29

Because of her electric nature, she is able to use the natural electrcity generated within her to accelerate her healing in some process not fully understood.

ELECTRICAL POWER ARRAY........... RANK 15...........PP SPENT 30 +10AP= 40)
Ball Lightning (ranged burst Area Damage) Rank 14
Electrical blast: Rank 13 Precise, selective, split
Dazzle: Rank 15
Drain Electricity: Rank 7
Electrical Aura: Rank 7, Selective
Electrical Stun: Rank 7, Selective, Precise
Machine Control Rank 15
Machine Animation Rank 15
Confuse rank 14 (Reversable)
Datalink rank 15 (Cyberspace)
PP SPENT 40

4 PP LEFT TO SPEND.

HISTORY
Hiya. Well. My name's Serena Weaver, but most folks call me Sparky or Sparks for short on account of me being able to generate and control electricity. Y'know the one liner about an electrical personality? Heh. Well that's me.

It all started a few years ago when me and my lil bro Darien were walking back to the base one night. I think I was around twelve at the time and my brother was nine. Brother's are such pains.... Anyway we were jumped by these guys, gang bangers really and I got scared because these guys were gonna hurt us bad since we didn't have any money on us. I started to tingle like crazy, it felt kinda like when your foot is asleep and waking up, but all over. It was freaky....

And when they started to close in with knives and guns, there was this bright flash of electricity that stunned them pretty good, letting me and Darien escape. We ran like heck for the base.... Did I tell you my parents are both Marines? So no jokes about mama wearing army boots. That'll getcha a black eye or a bride of Frankenstein hairdo. Marines are way tougher than Army Rangers.

Well, since then I've been practicing. I think I'm pretty good now, but when Xavier sent some folks down to talk to me, I kinda realized it'd be nice not to have to hide what I am, so I wouldn't be used as a lab rat or stoned or something. So I agreed to come. Lookit this, my bro made it for me, it's a metallic cloth disk. When I electrify it, I can fly on it. Not to shabby huh?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases