Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm assuming that in this reality, Cerebro(Cerebra?) looks like how it did in the X-men movies. If this is the case, then LLorona only managed to see Cerebro's outer controll room/monitoring station and not the actual room itself. If anything, LLorona might have been afraid that Professor X would have known been able to discover her intrusion if she would have stepped into the room.

Jemal

Adventurer
I'm gonna go with the movie interpretation of Cerebro.

Milagroso - If you want to use that as a drawback, go ahead.

Jemal

Adventurer
VICTIM - I note you still haven't included any background for Temper other than "she's got powers and is working on controlling them"...
WHY is she here? what was her life like beforehand?
Your IC posts sound like ex-military, not a 16 year-old who's just recently become a mutant. If you could add some background info (Such as why she would have been subject to getting shot, and why her attitude is so destructive).
There was nothing in the background to indicate any instability, or she probably wouldn't have been chosen for this excercise...

Jemal

Adventurer
RE: THE BANK

There is only the one entrance, which is currently a gaping hole(aprox 10' tall 15' wide) in the front of the bank.
Considering it's slowing several super-villains, busting in THROUGH the vault (Which takes up the entire back) probably won't work..
THOUGH, if you wish to try vapourizing the back wall of the vault, destroying whatever happens to be in that section, and giving the villans an escape route, go ahead. :D
Some options would be: going in through the side (Easier to blow out the wall), or the front where the 'door' was, while your comrades distract Sabretooth/Blob, Or coming through the ceiling (though not the vault part probably).
ALSO, anybody wishing to shoot through the open 'front door' can hit either Blob or Sabretooth at a -4 for cover. The vault cannot be seen from outside.

The point of the excercise is to see what you guys do left to your own devices. Don't be scared that it's not going to go off with military precision - You're kids.

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
ALSO, remember that BOOST doesn't increase RANK, it increases Power Points equal to the rank of the Boost. SO Boost 10 gives 10 pp to each Power they have. Also remember that they fade at the rate of 1pp/round, meaning next round everybody looses 1 rank of each of those enhanced traits.

Perhaps Eric should invest in Total Fade or Slow Fade in the future.

Probably. But this is the use of his Boost power that he has the least experience with; he didn't know he could do it until coming to Xavier's school. The large-area Dexterity Boost, he's used a lot (largely unconciously, as a little extra Dex can go a long way in helping someone avoid a tackle), so it has Slow Fade, isn't Tiring, and doesn't Fade. Unfortunately, with his current team it's either overkill (Lightspeed and Gwen have amazing dexterity anyway) or of limitted use (Colossus and Temper don't generally bother to get out of the way).

In my first build, the 'Boost Powers' power was Unreliable, but that made using it impractical, so I changed the power flaws.

Drerek

First Post
Okay, for M&M in combat, I roll an Attack Roll mod'd by Attack bonus and a damage roll (d20) modded by strength? Is that correct?

Jemal

Adventurer
nope, you don't roll damage.
You roll an attack roll, and then if you hit they make a Toughness save, DC = 15 + your Save DC modifier. (Which depends on what rank the attack you're using is)

ALSO, RE: IC paragon's action : Total Defense is +4 dodge bonus as a full-round action.

Drerek

First Post
What is the save DC if Colossus is just swinging his fist? It's not technically a power although his power does make him super strong and dense.

Victim

First Post
Drerek said:
What is the save DC if Colossus is just swinging his fist? It's not technically a power although his power does make him super strong and dense.

In his Steel form, Colossus has 40 STR. That's a +15 damage bonus from the STR stat mod (DC 30 toughness save for no effect, failure by 1-4 penalizes the target's future toughness saves, failure by 5-9=penalty and Stunned for a round, failure by 10-14=stunned and staggered, failure by 15+=KO).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases