Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Insight

Adventurer
This is a working version of my character, Gwen DiStefano. She doesn't yet have a superhero alias.

GWEN DISTEFANO [PL 11] 180pp
Concept: A teenage girl who has recently discovered that her father was Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man.
Appearance: Female Caucasian, 16 years old, 5’4”, 115 lbs, shoulder-length blonde hair, sometimes kept in a ponytail, usually wears blue jeans and a solid color t-shirt or baby-t.

[sblock=ABILITY SCORES]
ABILITY SCORES
STR 11
DEX 18/29
CON 13
INT 15
WIS 18
CHA 16
Subtotal: 31pp.[/sblock]

[sblock=ATTACK, DAMAGE, SAVES]
ATTACK, DAMAGE, SAVES
BAB +6
BDB +3
TOUGH +6
FORT +4
REFLEX +15
WILL +11
Subtotal: 70pp.[/sblock]

[sblock=SKILLS]
SKILLS
Acrobatics [4] +13, Diplomacy [4] +7, Gather Information [4] +7, Knowledge – Pop Culture [2] +4, Notice [12] +16, Perform – Dance [6] +9, Sense Motive [8] +12, Swim [4] +4.
44 ranks total
Subtotal: 81pp.[/sblock]

[sblock=FEATS]
FEATS
Defensive Roll [4], Dodge Focus [8], Evasion [2], Improved Init [2].
Subtotal: 97pp.[/sblock]

[sblock=POWERS]
POWERS
ENHANCED DEXTERITY 11 [Ex: Uncanny Dodge 8]. 19pp.
ESP 3 [Based on Visual; Ex: Super-Senses (Danger Sense (Mental), Vision Counters Obscure (Darkness)); PF: Subtle]. 10pp.
MIND SHIELD 3. 3pp.
SUPER-SENSES 4 [Postcognition (Fl: Uncontrolled) 2 ranks, Precognition (Fl: Uncontrolled) 2 ranks]. 4pp.
TELEPATHY 8 [16pp Array based on Mental Communication/Mind Reading; PF: AP – Illusion; AP – Mind Blast (Fl: Unreliable); AP- Mind Control (2pp/rank; PF: Dynamic)]. 20pp.
WEBS 11 [22pp Array based on Snare; PF: AP – Blast, AP – Deflect (Slow/fast Projectiles, 2pp/rank; PF: Dynamic), AP – Super-Movement (Swinging, Wall-Crawling, 1pp/rank; PF: Dynamic)]. 27pp.
Subtotal: 180pp.[/sblock]

[sblock=COMPLICATIONS]
In progress...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Well first off, I don't think I'll be STARTING 11 players... My current plan is to start 5-6 of you in the Danger Room, and then when you're done there, release you into the School.

Secondly, b/c of the 'nature' of this campaign (Open-ended, Site-based, not structured around a single, defined 'adventuring party' or 'team'), I think I can handle more PC's than normal. Gives you more people to interact with.

Jemal

Adventurer
btw, Insight - with a Cha of 16, Gwen is so getting dubbed "Spider-babe" by the guys in the school when they find out about her.

*Going over some of the characters now*

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
BTW, just a reminder:
Abilities 25pp, Combat/Saves 35pp, Skills/Feats 20pp, Powers 60pp, Freebies: 40pp
PL 11, total 180pp, but some parts of it are decided for you.

NOW, for Characters: (Where people made multiple concepts, I list the one I would prefer to GM for. If you think you would prefer the other one, tell me).
List of people with character sheets :
Dayspire (Psylocke) : Abilities 30, Combat/Saves 42, Skills/Feats 43, Powers 35; Total: 150
- You've got an additional 25 pp to spend on Powers, and 5 to spend wherever.
Shayuri (Calypso) : Abilities 25, Combat/Saves 47, Skills/Feats 20, Powers 88; Total: 180
- Looks good, though the sheets not quite complete.
Lobo (Wi-fi) : Abilities 25, Combat/Saves 35, Skills/Feats 21, Powers 60, Drawbacks 1; Total: 140.
- A note, you listed your toughness save as "Damage + 1".. strange. Also, you haven't spent your 40 freebies.
Relique (Llorana) : Abilities 25, Combat/Saves 34(?), Skills/Feats 14(?), Powers 93(?), Drawbacks X; Total:
- OK, Several things:
[sblock]You can't buy Toughness straight out, you only get it from Constitution bonus, or the Powers Protection/ForceField. Also, for feats don't put (+x) for extra ranks, just put how many ranks TOTAL there are. (For example, Attractive (+2) means 3 ranks, right? So put Attractive 3.) For that matter, if those (+x) ARE extra ranks, then you spent more than is listed. Also, Wealth is a Benefit, and should only be taken once, to show that you are rich. I don't use the 'wealth roll' rules, so 1 rank of benefit: Wealth is sufficient to be wealthy.
Also, re: Concealment - "Sensory, Free Action, Personal Range, Sustained Duration; Concealment from all visual senses, PF: Close Range, Linked to Insubstantial, Selective"
How do you see this working? Seems to me like you want to be Invisible while Insubstantial, but only to certain people, is that it?
Finally, a couple things about your Insubstantial.
First, I don't get how you plan the "materialization" on your Insubstantial to work.. It seems like you want just the exact reverse of insubstantial.. You're normally insubstantial, but can become solid?
Second, to make it Permanent you first have to make it Continuous (Making Sustained powers Permanent is a net +0 Modifier)
Third, as with all Insubstantial Characters, you have to pick one relatively common thing that can affect you even though you're insubstantial. (Fire, Electricity, Bullets, etc)
Finally, note that none of your abilities can affect corporeal creatures while you are insubstantial unless you buy the "Affects Corporeal" (The exact same as Affects Incorporeal, but works opposite) Extra for anything you want to use while Incorporeal. (Specifically, Life Control)[/sblock]
Insight (Spider Chick/Babe) : Abilities 31, Combat/Saves 39, Skills/Feats 27, Powers 83; Total: 180
- Looks good.

Also posted interest/concept but not character sheet yet:
Victim - Temper (Anhiliation/Invulnerability, Concept looks OK.
Imerak - Multiple Concepts.. (Molly= Interesting, I love Runaways)
Drerek - Collosus or Cloak (I like Collosus)
Karl Green - Chamber, Quicksilver, Thunderbird
ShaggySpellsword - Gravitron.
Hero4Hire - Primal

Insight

Adventurer
Jemal said:
btw, Insight - with a Cha of 16, Gwen is so getting dubbed "Spider-babe" by the guys in the school when they find out about her.

*Going over some of the characters now*

Gwen was a cheerleader before she came to the X-Mansion. :lol: :lol: :lol: - Please, no Heroes comparisons! -

Since she kinda thinks superhero names are dumb, Gwen doesn't have one. Maybe someday she'll be convinced to add one (it won't be Spider-Babe :D ) She does like the idea of a snazzy costume, though.

Gwen doesn't tell everyone about her origin. Probably only her close friends and the administrators would know about her parentage. BTW, Spider-Man doesn't even know about it yet. Gwen hasn't built up the courage to go find him and break the news.

[sblock]I have another idea about her origin that maybe she thinks that Peter Parker is her father, but maybe he isn't directly. We can chat more about this later if you add Gwen to the game.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Drerek

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
FYI, because I know it gets overlooked a lot, you can't buy the Permanant (-1) Flaw unless its duration is Continuous.
I thought I read in the M&M book that those who are of Large size are simply those with Growth power made permanent. Is that wrong?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases