Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Shayuri

First Post
There could be some fun temporal stuff going on. Maybe there's some kind of "time boundary" between the Savage Lands and the rest of the world. Colossus' son leaves the Savage Land, to find himself in school...with his dad! He slipped backwards ten years or so...but there's no way for him to know that, really.

Imerak

First Post
Okay, here's what I've got so far, going with the character of Molly... I've still got the extra PP to spend. The character will probably end up significantly more powerful than her canon counterpart, but I guess that's nothing to complain about.

[sblock="Molly, WIP"]Molly Hayes
PL 11
Appearance: female, 13 years old, brown hair, green eyes, small

Abilities [25]
Strength 13
Dexterity 16
Constitution 12
Intelligence 13
Wisdom 14
Charisma 17

Combat/Saves [35]

Attack +5
Defense +5

Toughness +7 (+6 base)
Fortitude +4 (+3 base)
Reflex +6 (+3 base)
Will +4 (+3 base)

Skills/Feats [21]

Diplomacy +19 (are you gonna argue with her?)
Knowledge (pop culture) +9
Concentration +9
Gather Information +11
Notice +10
Sense Motive +10

Fascinate (diplomacy)
Luck
Inspire
Power Attack
Rage
Throwing Mastery
Stunning Attack

Powers [60] 60
Linked - Boost (Strength) 20 & Boost (Constitution) 20
-Tiring
Super-Strength 6
Immovable 5
Mind Shield 5

Drawbacks (-3):
Complications: Parents are supervillains, bad temper
Full Power (boost)[/sblock]

Victim

First Post
Complications aren't worth drawback points; the only drawback you have listed is Full Power on the Boost. You can't buy Toughness save directly as a save - just get some Protection. Molly's boosted Con gives her a +17 toughness, violating the maximum tradeoff.

More Super Strength wouldn't be amiss, I think, since even in early appearances she was moving and breaking things thought to be unmoveable or unbreakable.

hero4hire

Explorer
Drerek said:
Or you could just say that Colossus ain't his daddy. Some other super could be it.

Nah! It would take out the "cool factor" of spinning off a comic story that everyone forgot about.

I think I just will come up with something else if I get to play. :)

hero4hire

Explorer
Shayuri said:
There could be some fun temporal stuff going on. Maybe there's some kind of "time boundary" between the Savage Lands and the rest of the world. Colossus' son leaves the Savage Land, to find himself in school...with his dad! He slipped backwards ten years or so...but there's no way for him to know that, really.

Neat idea. A little too Back to the Future for me to want to play. But it would make a cool story. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
why does EVERYBODY associate time travel with back to the future? tsk tsk tsk..
What about HG Wells? The Terminator? Time Cop?

BTW, H4H - what do you mean "get to play"? EVERYBODY's welcome at school. You just won't all be gauranteed slots on the New X-men team.

Jemal

Adventurer
ALSO, haven't done complete math checks, but with the exception of what's allready been pointed out by other characters, I haven't noticed any problems yet in the Rogues Gallery.

If you haven't posted your character there yet, please do. You can edit it there instead of reposting it here when you do updates/fixes. I understand character creation can be a bit of a process to get everything just right.

Imerak (Definitely NOT Shayuri) - Yeah, more super-strength for Molly. SHe appears VERY strong.
ALso, you may want to change her SUper-STrength to Sustained duration and make IT tiring as well.

Shaggy - the Lethal thing would be acceptable as a complication.
Also, Full POwer with Right Hand ONLY would be a complication, not a drawback, as it's only limiting in certain situations (When he CAN'T use his left hand). If you were to use both Full power and PERMANENT with Right hand, I would allow that as a net 1 pt drawback.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases