Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Victim

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
EDIT: And for 28 more points (which would change all the max ranks) you could make using Boost a Free Action rather than a Standard Action. For 1 more point you can slap on a Trigger power feat and set it to go off once a minute (or round, if you like); So, once a minute, you automatically boost those around you (you'd need to decide whom/what/how much though).

A triggered power is 'used up' once activated though, without further extras which are largely unnecessary if you make it a free action.

Yeah, Attractive or some variation thereof would work.

Victim

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
Look at it this way: If you made the range perception you'd have to increase the range on each power. If you're going to flaw it, you flow both powers as well. Otherwise you're running around with a linked power with different activation times... with lets you use the faster power and still gain the benefit of the slower power as they're linked... which is just getting the reduced power cost w/out giving up any power or flexibility at all.

Jemal's decision in the end.

See, I figured it would be the opposite and use the slower activation time by default. Unlike range, it didn't seem like the flaw would act independently. So taking the flaw twice would be rather cheaty, IMO.

However, if I'm mistaken, I'd be happy to apply the flaw again. I'm sure I could think of something else to do with the points. Maybe drop Distracting, add some power feats, or take an extra (put Vampiric on that attack too, for more positive reinforcement?).

I figured we should have the discussion here, not in the character thread.

EDIT: Huh, a search on ATT showed that I guess she would get credit for full action twice.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Another question...

I'm trying to figure out Drawback costs (which are very GM dependent, as I read it).

I'm thinking Eric's powers work by refining and distilling positive emotions (hope, confidence, determination, etc.) either within himself (for his enhanced abilities) and/or projecting them back into others (his boost power). So they don't work well (or maybe even at all) if Eric and/or those around him are depressed and/or apathetic.

Now, Eric's normally a rather positive, upbeat, and level-headed kind of guy, so that's not going to happen very often normally (even if he is a teenager). But someone with the ability to manipulate emotions (especially on crowds, not just individuals) could possibly turn him into just another guy.

hero4hire

Explorer
Much as I want to get in on Mighty Marvel Mutant Mayhem, I think I bit off more then I can chew for online gaming. Since I havent even started my character yet and this has a massive amount of players this seems like the logical choice to give up. :(

Jemal

Adventurer
ALL - Please keep the Rogues Gallery clear of OOC comments. JUST post characters there, and talk about them here. I'll be heading over to look them over right after I post this.

Lobo Lurker said:
You could always make that a variation of the Attractive feat.
PERFECT! Molly can Just take ranks in Attractive, and call it "cuteness", instead of RANKS in diplomacy, and that makes the 'sense' that i was lacking in the begining.

H4H - Damn man, sorry to hear it. :( You're welcome to join back in at a later date if you so desire.

Drothgery - I'd call that a complication, meaning that if/when it DOES happen, you'd get a hero point (Which you could subsequently use to basically pump yourself up/cheer up)

Victim - From the M&M Handbook, page 112...
LINKED : The linked powers must have the same range (modify their ranges so they match). The action required to use the combined power is the longest of its component powers and they use a single attack roll (if one is required ) and saving throw (if both powers use the same type of save). If the powers use different saves, targets save against each seperately.

Also, if taking flaws, YES I would allow you to apply the flaw to both.

Remove ads