Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Victim

First Post
Insight said:
Question: Don't we have more pp than PL 11 should? PL 11, according to the book, is 165 - 179pp. Not that I'm complaining; I like more points to play with.

PL and the number of power points are no longer strictly linked; the chart is the book is a default value only. Generally, more points per PL means more broadly competent characters. If you assume that X amount of points per PL will go towards PL related traits, then more points means more secondary powers, skill sets, etc can be purchased. Of course, the points can also go towards things like Linked attacks or Autofire.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Gwen has been updated in the RG thread.

I moved the Super-Movement effects out of the Webs array. Made more sense mechanically that way. She's a little more Defense based than Toughness based now (and has the appropriate trade-off listed). I also fixed that strange problem with her Mental Blast by giving it an additional flaw (the pp/rank is now in line with the rest of the array so she can use it at full ranks if need be).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I updated LLorona.

I pretty much gave her the suggested alterations to her powers. With that said, she now has touch ranged telekineses, her healing ap became "temporary" in nature, and she also now two versions of death touch ap.

Jemal

Adventurer
Shaggy - Full-power is NOT a drawback for HEALING, as there's no downside to it at all.

Victim - Corrosion says it affects Objects, too.

Insight - Yes, you have an extra 15 PP over the 'norm' for PL11, but you have to spend much of it in places of my choosing, thus I think it balances out fairly well.

Milagroso

First Post
Lightspeed is done and ready for review. I've made some changes.
  • Added four photos
    • Lightspeed avatar
    • Example of Light Control
    • Example of Cloud Form
    • Julie Power
  • Added web links to Wikipedia for the curious
  • Added the following feats
    • Defensove Roll 2
    • Evasion 2
    • Improved Init 1
    • Defensive Attack
    • Improved Block 1
    • Power Attack
  • Corrected Healing powers
  • Corrected Density Powers
  • Added Enhanced Ability: Dexterity
  • Added Enhanced Ability: Constitution
  • Increased flight speed from 4 to 6.
  • Reformatted saves and combat.
  • Added +2 to attack and defense
  • Added minor corrections to the bio, flavor text for flight power, and added some more information about the character.
The only thing I couldn't do was add information on her superhero costume. But I'm hoping I won't need to since I ran out of points anyway. If I do, please let me know and I'll see if I can work it in. I might be able to garner 1 point if I can take the drawback Full Power from the Blast: Kinetic DAP of Corrosion 8. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Okay, I've made some tweaks to Eric.
- dropped wealth benefit to rank 1
- dropped the set-up feat as he can't really use it
- made the costume's protection noticeable (and so reduced the cost by 1)
- added Equipment 3 for an iPhone, sports car, and masterwork laptop

Jemal

Adventurer
First, again I'd like to ask that everybody who hasn't allready done so please fix the following on their sheet:
Show ranks for skills, as well as total modifier.
Show how much of your attack/defense is base. Same for saves.

Milagroso - Drawbacks/Flaws on AP's don't give you extra points, they affect how many points it costs in the array, though, meaning with enough you can have an AP of higher than normal rank.

Insight & Drerek- Your background's are still not up. Particularily I need to know Why/how long you've been at the school. (For Colosus, you can just cut&Paste a bit from WIki, but I'd prefer if he had SOME uniqueness from the original)

Victim - I see that Temper is 15 PHYSICALLY.. how old is she ACTUALLY. Why/how long has she been at Xaviers.

Caros - Glad to see you finally posted Alchemist. I been hounding you for how long? ;)
Looks good.

ALLRIGHT, Current Roster at the school(by Seniority):

Lobo Lurker - Kenny Degeorge (Wi-Fi) - 15 y/o Caucasian male (7th year)
Caros - Nicolas Asher (Alchemist) - 16 y/o Caucasian male (4th year)
Relique du Madde - Miranda Del Flores (Llorona) - 16 y/o Latina Female (2nd year)
Shayuri - Astrid Moore (Calypso) - 17 y/o Caucasian female (1st/2nd? year)
ShaggySpellsword - Xi'an Chi Xan (Desert Ghost) - 17 y/o Asian male (1st/2nd? year)
Milagroso - Julie Power (Lightspeed) - 14 y/o Caucasian female (1st year)
Drothgery - Eric Hassel (Quarterback/Paragon) - 17 y/o Caucasian male (1st year)
Insight - Gwen Distefano - 16 y/o Caucasian female (1st year)
Victim - Temperance Ashley Smith (Temper) - 15 y/o Mixed Female (X year)
Drerek - Peter Rasputin (Colosus) - 20 y/o Russian Male (X year)

OK, that's 10 characters, so I'm going to start the IC thread ASAP. Please complete any last minute fixes.

*SPECIAL NOTE: IF you want in but your name's not on the list, just post your character and make a note here about it so I can look it over. I currently am not limiting the players.*

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
ALSO, I've decided on who has been picked to be 'trainees' for spots on the X-men this year, due to various reasons (IF they want to be. If not please tell me and I'll remove your character.) Following are those who the Teachers (NOT neccesarily my personal opinion) thinks would make good X-men, and why (With notation as to who thinks it)

Julie Power (Lightspeed) - Has experience as a super hero, and with coaching could regain control of her powers. Is more mature than when her siblings died. {Professor X}
Eric Hassel (Quarterback/Paragon) - Leadership potential. Good all-around candidate {Cyclops}
Gwen Distefano - Useful combat powers, inteligent, seems level headed. {Beast}
Temperance Ashley Smith (Temper) - Very good combatant, however needs training in control {Jean Grey}
Peter Rasputin (Colosus) - Tinman is Strong, Tough, and knows how to fight. 'Nuff said {Wolverine}

AS to those of you who WEREN'T picked, and are curious why(Again the professors/teachers reason, not mine.)

Kenny Degeorge (Wi-Fi) - Very useful skills, but not necesarily a good combatant. Good Backup when needed.{Cyclops}
Nicolas Asher (Alchemist) - A bit too powerful for his own good, needs to learn Humility and teamwork. {Beast}
Miranda Del Flores (Llorona) - Would make a good scout, but needs more control and focus on her powers.{Jean Grey}
Astrid Moore (Calypso) - High level power, but only with regards to controling water.. Good back-up for certain situations.{Professor X}
Xi'an Chi Xan (Desert Ghost) - Was once a soldier. Exposing him to battle this soon could be bad for his mental health. {Profesor X}

For the record, any of you who WANT to get onto the X-men training team can feel free to try 'proving' yourself to your teachers. Also, these are not things your character KNOWS that the teachers think of them, these are parts of your 'file', which MOST students don't have access to. (Wi-fi, Alchemist, Llorona could get them easy enough without leaving a trace)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases